• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Adventure help: Tombs, Crypts and Graveyards.

Shag

Explorer
Hi guys,

I'm running a new campaign loosly based on the works of Brian McNaughton's World of Seelura. If you know what that is give yourself a nerdnod.
Anyway, I've been out of the D&D/Pathfinder game for a while so I was just wondering if the experts here could point me towards some adventures that take place in Graveyards, Tombs or Crypts. Even a sewer would be okay. I only have 2 players a Rogue/Necromancer and a Ghoul/Rogue so its a game of stealth and evil. Should be fun!
So far we have played through a modified Godsmouth Heresy. So looking around level 3-6ish.

Thanks for any suggestions you can give me!

Shag

Explorer
Thanks! See that's what I need, just more eyes on the gaming scene. There is so much out there its hard to find something specific.

Shag

Explorer
I went with Barrow of the Forgotten King by Ed Stark, its 3rd edition, but its great. I just changed the plot a bit, instead of helping a family chase down some graverobbers, I just had my party of graverobbers go after another group that is 'cutting their grass' so to speak.

If anyone can think of more, I would be thankful.

Shag

Explorer
Okay now I need a tomb/ruin/dungeon based game set around 9-10th levels, I was on a good roll for finding adventures, but its starting to dry up again. My group is now composed of a 7th level Ghast/2nd level Rogue and his horde of Ghoul spawn and a 6th Level Necromancer/3rd level Rogue Vampire and his horde of Skeletons/Zombies and Vampire Spawn. With their undead horde they work out to about a 6 member party of 10th level. I don't mind making pretty big changes to a game as long as it has a solid map :) since I can't draw worth anything. You get used to making sweeping changes to pre written games when your party is so extremely non-standard.

howandwhy99

Adventurer
You might think about having an evil campaign bunk up with the monsters in the traditional dungeons and then go exploring and fight those pathetic city dwellers. They have plenty of graveyards there. Plus, there's been several years now with designers trying to publish great city books. Paizo must have some.

Shag

Explorer
Haha Tomb of Horrors. Have you ever played it as a player? It famous, but not really that good, it just an endless series of deathtraps, besides with Undead PCs a lot of the traps loose their teeth.
I have been thinking of using the dungeon from Barrow of the Forgotten King, which my players have taken part of as a lair, and have it raided by good aligned Clerics and Paladins to rid the area of their undead menace. Sort of a reverse game.

A

amerigoV

Haha Tomb of Horrors. Have you ever played it as a player? It famous, but not really that good, it just an endless series of deathtraps, besides with Undead PCs a lot of the traps loose their teeth.
I have been thinking of using the dungeon from Barrow of the Forgotten King, which my players have taken part of as a lair, and have it raided by good aligned Clerics and Paladins to rid the area of their undead menace. Sort of a reverse game.

I have, and there is a fantastic thread here on Enworld going through it room by room (by far, the best thread here ever). It might be rather interesting to run intelligent undead through it - they might even be able to strike a deal at the end. (if they survive crushing, disintegration, teleport you one place and your gear elsewhere, etc - beside, if you die as undead how do you come back?)

Remove ads