• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Heroes of The Vesper Peaks (Uriel judging)

CCamfield

First Post
Marl moves to one side of the tunnel and tries to get a shot off with his crossbow at... whatever it is.

(Heavy Crossbow +4 to hit, 1d8+0, 19-20 crit. Presumably at big penalties for firing past someone into melee :))

He'll then drop his crossbow and draw his swords.

Jolmo

First Post
Somewhat relieved at seeing Grog come to fight next to him, Jagos tries to turn his fear at the unnatural opponent into aggression, attacking the monster again.

OOC: Attack: +1, Damage: 1d6+1, Crit: 18-20x2, AC: 14

Creamsteak

Explorer
Kunst doesn't act. Marl fires his crossbow (-4 total I believe), [19 rolled -4, a hit, doesn't confirm]. The bolt strikes, dealing 4 points of piercing damage. Vanadan and Jaret each take their actions (loading a crossbow and preparing a lantern) immediately. Jagos strikes again, but fails to strike for any meaningful damage (10 rolled). The creature strikes a number of times against Jagos. The monster's claws land meaningful attacks twice, (3 and 2 damage respectively).

Jagos:
Paralysis, 3 rounds

Everyone notices Jagos body slowly stiffens from the attack, leaving him paralyzed in place. A sudden, overwhelming, stench permeates the area around the creature immediately.

Jagos, Marl, and Grog:
The smell is overpowering, the smell of death and evil is overwhelming at your proximity.
Jagos:
You can't handle the stench, and it has sickened you.
Grog:
The smell is overbearing, and it has sickened you.

Grog attempts to strike the undead, and manages to score a damaging blow (3 points).

Initiatives: (Note, I've got these in reverse order at the moment.)
C - Creature - 5
J - Jagos Blueburn - 7
R - Jaret - 11
V - Vanadan -12
M - Marl Oconna - 18
K - Kunst Ruhe - 19
G - Grog - 20

Creamsteak

Explorer
A clear shot? You can attempt to fire, but there's a penalty for firing through occupied squares (and without precise shot, a penalty for firing into melee). I just want to be sure what a "clear shot" is.

Quirhid

First Post
OOC: Maybe I should've added "IF he can get a clear shot" :D . With the penalties, it's unlikely that Vanadan will hit the creature. In case somebody falls down (Jagos or Grog) he will get a better shot with lesser penalties, no? Then he will have his shot.

I'm still thinking do I get the same penalties when delivering a ranged touch attack?

Creamsteak

Explorer
Quirhid said:
OOC: Maybe I should've added "IF he can get a clear shot" :D . With the penalties, it's unlikely that Vanadan will hit the creature. In case somebody falls down (Jagos or Grog) he will get a better shot with lesser penalties, no? Then he will have his shot.

I'm still thinking do I get the same penalties when delivering a ranged touch attack?

Understood, a readied action to fire if someone drops (still firing into melee unless they both drop I guess). And your right, the same penalties apply to a ranged touch attack (I think...).

Lefferts

First Post
(OOC - sickened means I can't attack, but can defend right?) - Thanks, edited response below

Grog withdraws so that someone else can get in and attack the creature while he recovers from the stench.

Grog tries to shrug off his sick feeling and takes a swing at the creature, hoping to take it down before he succumbs to whatever is making him feel so bad.

Last edited:

Remove ads