• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Heroes of The Vesper Peaks (Uriel judging)

Creamsteak

Explorer
Sickened: The character takes a -2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.

In 3.0 I recall it actually stopped you from attacking, but not in 3.5.

CCamfield

First Post
Marl reassesses the situation now that Grog has charged up. Is there room for him to move to attack the monster from the side, or better yet, get past it to attack it from the rear?

If so, he runs forward, throws himself into a summersault, and attacks the creature from behind with one of his swords. {Only if he doesn't have to enter the creature's space; Tumble +7. Attack +4 including flanking, for 1d4+1/19-20... presumably no sneak attack damage which would otherwise be 1d6.}

If not, he thinks Damn, wrong weapons, sheathes his swords, and pulls out two darts.

jtone

Explorer
Jaret continues to direct his lantern's light where it will do the most good. If the creature looks relatively unharmed, he casts bless on the party. Otherwise he keeps an eye out for other creatures, particularly any that might be coming up behind the party.

Creamsteak

Explorer
And it's Thursday.

Initiatives: (Note, I've got these in reverse order at the moment.)
C - Creature - 5
J - Jagos Blueburn - 7
R - Jaret - 11
V - Vanadan -12
M - Marl Oconna - 18
K - Kunst Ruhe - 19
G - Grog - 20

Grogs sickness has nothing to do with his missed attack, as he fails to make any meaningful hits on the creature. Marl doesn't believe he can tumble without coming dangerously close to the creature, so he draws two darts. Vanadan waits ready to fire if the creature overwhelms their front line. Jaret cautiously observes the surroundings watching the fight and for any threats. Jagos continues to fight, but is having trouble striking at the wiry creature. The monster also fails to inflict any meaningful damage this round.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Heh... well I guess that should be retconned. "You didn't attack and miss... you just didn't attack."

My bad. Take a break and then try to post in a hurry and I'm bound to make an error.

CCamfield

First Post
Marl leans right to get a slightly better line of fire, and throws one of his darts at the creature. {+5 to hit, 1d3+1/20, piercing damage}

"Anyone *cough cough* got any bright ideas?"

Remove ads