• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Heroes of The Vesper Peaks (Uriel judging)

Creamsteak

Explorer
As the group approaches, Vanadan accidently steps on one of the bones of the corpses, breaking the brittle scorched bone in two. The figure in front turns around, curved dagger in hand. It looks left and right, but doesn't seem to ever look directly at anyone in the faint red glow of the cavern.

The face of the figure, in the redish glow, appears as though the skin is drawn very tight against the bone. The figure is in thin chain armor under the thick white cloak. The appearance is gaunt and thin, but vaguely feminine. The most abnormal feature of the figure is it's eyes - they are sealed shut and stiched closed, and bubbling up under them are many small bumps that give it a disgusting diseased appearance.

Finally the figure starts reaching for a bag on it's side with its free hand. It screams in a rather weak voice, "Who goes there? Your obviously not a zombie just yet, so speak up!"

The group technically has a surprise round right now at 20 feet distance.

Quirhid

First Post
A cruel smile appears on Vanadan's face when he sees her face, but he stays silent. He prepares to fire if the woman tries to cast a spell.

[ooc: ready action]

Jolmo

First Post
Jagos quickly moves up and circles around the woman, ending his move close enough to hit her if she tries to pull anything out of her bag, he hopes that one of his companions will corner her by taking a spot opposite of him, "Are you the one responsible for the zombies?" he asks angrily as he moves.

CCamfield

First Post
Marl gives out a yelp as he takes in her macabre appearance and then adds, "if you aren't, I'll apologize for this later."

And shoots her with his crossbow.

{Attack +4, Damage 1d8/19-20, sneak attack damage +1d6}

Creamsteak

Explorer
Jolmo starts to move into a good flanking position, then Marl lets his crossbow bolt fly, but it misses by shear innacuracy of the bolt as the woman stands perfectly still. She does seem to snear at the noise created, however.

The woman pauses for a second and says, "I'm 'responsible' for those charred corpses you just passed. However, it sounds like you don't care."

Initiatives:
Vanadan 24
Kreepto 18
Marl 17
Jolmo 12
Kunst 5 (higher dex)
Female 5
Jaret 4
Grog 3

I'll wait for Jolmo's post at least before progressing through the initiative order.

Jolmo

First Post
Jagos remains wary, but holds any attack, "Wait, you killed the zombies? Who are you?"

OOC: Sense motive +6. Ready attack if she does prove hostile.

Creamsteak

Explorer
CCamfield said:
{OOC - can we talk out of initiative order? If not, I'll wait till Vanadan and Kreepto have acted}

Doesn't bother me so long as your not using it to take a "free action" (such as talking during someone elses turn to tell them what to do when under the effects of a geas spell). Also, don't make it too long obviously.

CCamfield

First Post
Marl starts to slowly lower his crossbow, and says with a frown, "All right... I'm listening." He puts his left hand on the hilt of one of his swords, though.

Last edited:

Remove ads