• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure Ideas for 4th lvl Characters (My players stay out!)

Drayan

First Post
I'm trying to come up with ideas for a few adventures for a party of 3 4th lvl characters, and right now, I've got nothing. It's set in a VERY unfinished homebrew. I've only got a small region finished, The Emerald Realm, which is a Forgetten Realms-ish kingdom that's completely surrounded by mountains. There are several passes out of the Emerald Realm, all of which are gaurded by outposts. It's a fairly integrated place, Humans, Elves, and Dwarves living peacfully. The only well known threat are several clans of Hobgoblins to the north that somehow find their way into the Realm to raid. There's also an as yet unknown shadowy threat looming in the future. Any help would be greatly appreciated. They're going to start in a medium sized city near the capitol, so either city based ideas or wilderness/small dungeon ideas work. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

-Ekimus-

First Post
if theyre experienced players, try having them go up against something entirely new. what would be cool is to have them follow / track / chase / etc. this shadowy creature after it attacks a town or something. have them go thru the mountains , and eventually coming into an never-before-seen land. if u have the FR book, on the map use something like the island in the bottom left of the map... i forget what it is, but "no man has ever returned from there". have them follow the creature there...

from my experiences, i would like to go thru something new like that, include many a puzzle and new items and treasures.. etc.

good luck

d20Dwarf

Explorer
You could try the free adventure I wrote for Dire Kobold. It is for 4th level characters, and you can even generate the adventure for only 3 characters if you like (its a customizable pdf download).

The main action starts in a town, moves out to the wilderness, and could use hobgoblins as the main enemies with a few tweaks. Also, it gives you some juicy seeds that hint at an "unknown, shadowy threat." :D

http://www.direkobold.com

Remove ads