• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure II: Ugot City

InzeladunMaster

First Post
LOL Well, you seem a little offended!

Sorry. I was annoyed at the kids and it must have spilled over.:blush:

Also, my first, longer (and probably more diplomatic answer) didn't go through because ENWorld failed, so I had to quickly retype my answer before dealing with my kids' issue, so I was probably more blunt than I meant to be.

Last edited:

Fyrestryke

Explorer
¥òû çåñ àç┼ûà11ÿ ┼ÿpë â và┌ïé┼ÿ ôƒ Σÿmbò1s

Extended ASCII characters are available to type directly in your browser. Hold down the alt key and type their ascii number.
ALT+138 gives you è
ALT+130 gives you é

The complete ascii chart is here: http://www.asciitable.com/

Geeky!

You can also draw:

╔═══════╗
║ ß°≥≤Σ$¿║
╚═══════╝

B-):p;):D:lol:

InzeladunMaster

First Post
Isana is to the northeast. It is ruled by Baron Azor Bodi (Lord Isana). Founded by five factions, each one devoted to one of the elements, these factions continue to strive for dominance. Right now the Itsûm (Wood) family is uppermost, while the Ishâtûm (Fire) family is being trod underfoot. A Festival of the Dead is held each year. Another pair of festivals involves the transportation of an adolescent virgin girl to the Vipnaal Swamp and another to the Sottai forest (one in the autumn, the other in the spring).

Kutaaya is to the southwest. Ruled by Baron Niqmael Ahimilkat (Lord Kutaaya), this town is struggling to rebuild after a flood. This town also conducts the annual festivals of the Virgins, but they do theirs in the summer and winter. Rumors suggest Lord Kutaaya has a taste for other men's wives. Some insist he keeps these wives as slaves, but this is unsubstantiated.

Amelkhar is to the west. Amelkhar does not currently have a ruler, as he was assassinated, as was the entire noble family. Amelkhar is in the hands of gangs. One gang is rumored to be digging in the barrows surrounding the city. They did not hold their annual trip of the virgin to the Vipnaal Swamp this year. Many people are wondering if they will dare skip the trip to Sottai. Amalkhar is known for its medicines and drugs. Each of the gangs hire those who are brave and down on their luck to make trips into the deadly swamps for ingrediants and drugs.

The Vipnaal Swamp is northwest, along with the Sottai Forest.

*I will fill in more information later; I have to go to work.

Grimhelm

First Post
Just so everyone knows, there are maps of these regions now. Hamdin has been making his own, but he also found a few at the local library of Ugot. I am trying to put together something soon for everyone to look at. IM has suggested a Yahoo! Group, as Geocities is really irritating me.

InzeladunMaster

First Post
Isana is to the northeast. It is ruled by Baron Azor Bodi (Lord Isana). Founded by five factions, each one devoted to one of the elements, these factions continue to strive for dominance. Right now the Itsûm (Wood) family is uppermost, while the Ishâtûm (Fire) family is being trod underfoot. A Festival of the Dead is held each year. Another pair of festivals involves the transportation of an adolescent virgin girl to the Vipnaal Swamp and another to the Sottai forest (one in the autumn, the other in the spring). Zealia Tsathitu is a famed psionicist living here.

Seventeen satellite manors supply Isana. One of them, Usurkhar, is the home of Enver Kayalidere and Niyazi Pakyürekaya, two known necromancers. Süke-Bator is another manor loyal to Isana and is near the haunted Zaman's Hill.

Kutaaya is to the southwest. Ruled by Baron Niqmael Ahimilkat (Lord Kutaaya), this town is struggling to rebuild after a flood. This town also conducts the annual festivals of the Virgins, but they do theirs in the summer and winter. Rumors suggest Lord Kutaaya has a taste for other men's wives. Some insist he keeps these wives as slaves, but this is unsubstantiated.

Tsath is one of the seventeen satellite manors of Kutaaya. It is well known as the one-time home of the heretic Akirunul (who not only claimed to have "escaped" but to have proclaimed he and his followers would indeed "escape" just before they all basically disappeared. No one knows where he or his cult are now.

Amelkhar is to the west. Amelkhar does not currently have a ruler, as he was assassinated, as was the entire noble family. Amelkhar is in the hands of gangs. One gang is rumored to be digging in the barrows surrounding the city. They did not hold their annual trip of the virgin to the Vipnaal Swamp this year. Many people are wondering if they will dare skip the trip to Sottai. Amalkhar is known for its medicines and drugs. Each of the gangs hire those who are brave and down on their luck to make trips into the deadly swamps for ingrediants and drugs.

The Vipnaal Swamp is northwest, along with the Sottai Forest. Somewhere to the west is the druidic barony of Xilgultun.

InzeladunMaster

First Post
Seventeen manors surround Amelkhar, including Erubatum Manor. The tomb of the necromancer Khudu Daldurkhan is located near here. One manor is little more than a destroyed shell, left behind by the vengeance of Ximony for a raid into druid territory. Rumors speak of a great wasting away in this area.

Grimhelm

First Post
I think Amelkhar sounds like a fairly interesting place. I think it would be worthwhile to study up on these barrows (and likewise all such barrows in these lands) and find out why there seems to be so much interest in them.

Last edited:

Fyrestryke

Explorer
I'm interested in that as well. Perhaps we can bring the killers of the noble family to justice. Well, unless killing the noble family was justice...

Fyrestryke

Explorer
Isana is to the northeast. It is ruled by Baron Azor Bodi (Lord Isana). Founded by five factions, each one devoted to one of the elements, these factions continue to strive for dominance. Right now the Itsûm (Wood) family is uppermost, while the Ishâtûm (Fire) family is being trod underfoot. A Festival of the Dead is held each year. Another pair of festivals involves the transportation of an adolescent virgin girl to the Vipnaal Swamp and another to the Sottai forest (one in the autumn, the other in the spring). Zealia Tsathitu is a famed psionicist living here.

What are the other three elements?

Marah would be interested in meeting this Zealia. However, one of her other books says it is authored by Zealia of Tsath and that is a manor surrounding Kutaaya. Strange. Actually finding Xinaián would be fascinating. I'm not sure that "Finding the Land of Psions: Xinaián" by Zealia of Tsath specifically states where it is, merely where to find it.

Me to Vince - Would the epic poem about Xinaián be a worthwhile item for you to create? If so, I would like to read it. :)

Seventeen satellite manors supply Isana. One of them, Usurkhar, is the home of Enver Kayalidere and Niyazi Pakyürekaya, two known necromancers. Süke-Bator is another manor loyal to Isana and is near the haunted Zaman's Hill.

There seems to be a great multitude of Necromancers in this world...

Tsath is one of the seventeen satellite manors of Kutaaya. It is well known as the one-time home of the heretic Akirunul (who not only claimed to have "escaped" but to have proclaimed he and his followers would indeed "escape" just before they all basically disappeared. No one knows where he or his cult are now.

Tsath interests me because of Zealia's book, but I wonder if this cult was also a Cult of the Earthborne or some other cult?

The Vipnaal Swamp is northwest, along with the Sottai Forest. Somewhere to the west is the druidic barony of Xilgultun.

According to one of my fathers books, Lord Mindstrike is Baron of Xilgultun. I suppose that information could be outdated, I am unsure of the age of the book. However, I would have figured he was a soulknife like I am just from reading his name and not a druid. Odd.

How's that for sparkin the ol' creative juices..? :p ;)

Remove ads