• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Into the Wild

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
ooc: iron sky: nicely done. Can you also take advantage of being in the presence of Max during AP attack?

OOC: What is the advantage again? Is it the "Free Basic Attack" one?

It would be handy if it was in a notes section on your character sblock or something; I forget who does what in which game I'm running/playing in.

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: sorry about that Iron Sky. I should have put this up before this encounter started. Here it is.

[sblock=Spending an AP in the Presence of Max: Please Read]

Battlefront Leader Power

Any ally within three squares of max can shift 1/2 movement speed as a free action.

Bravura Presence

When an ally Max sees spends an action point to take another action to use it as an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll.

If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hits, then the ally can choose to do the following after the AP action:
* make a basic attack +1 to hit (due to feat: improved bravura)
or
* make a move action as a free action +1 added to ally's speed for movement (due to feat: improved bravura)

If the AP attack misses, the ally grants CA to all enemies TENT.

Clearly worth the risk :)

[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
EDIT EDIT: I'm not asking for a change, I'll 'live with it'. Down there is an explanation of what I think happened

[MENTION=82251]TwoHeadsBarking[/MENTION], Rocco should be NE of W2 as charge needs to end in the closest square, right? And Rocco's charge should go diagonally down left from 2 squares above Haruka's former position. I'm not sure why Mal put Rocco charging the chained cambion...

[MENTION=834]Mal Malenkirk[/MENTION], have fun!

EDIT: I think I know why the confusion
This is part of my description:
He moves toward Dante and Max, coming between Renquist and Haruka

And this is my move action
Move: 5 squares SW ending two squares under Renquist

Both of these reference the map in the last DMs post. But Renquist moved to be east of Nementah and the description between Haruka and Renquist still makes sense, but the part 2 squares UNDER renquist doesn't. And Mal was using their current positions and I didn't specify exact movement of the charge because there is only one legal square in which it could end.

Coordinates make things easier.

Last edited:

OOC: [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION], just accept current location (so we don't have to retcon) and try to avoid difficult terrain by jumping (I'm not sure it's feasible on a charge nor how difficult would it be, but still). do that "mad dwarf bomb" you mentioned with kraken :D

Nementah again calls Primera closer putting her between Rocco and Renquist. She raises her hands in a gesture of summoning.
"Spirits of nature abhore your power, corrupted one. I call upon winds of succor and purity of spring torrent. I call cleansing winds of northern cold, all to make your efforts futile."

The winds howl through the area, leaving the cambion a bit frosted over, but more importantly giving her allies a chance to recover. She focuses again, calling upon spirits of the dead to haunt the devil, but once again, it's powerful defenses ward of the attack.

"'Ware the imp, it's still here somewhere!"

[sblock=Actions]
Move: 1 square back (west/left) and 5 squares south/down, so that Rocco, Renquist and Chain are within blast 5 while increasing distance from arcanist and the imp, Primera comes 6 squares right and 3 up
Standard: Cleansing Wind of the North vs Fort (Chained Cambion); cold damage (1d20+9+2=15, 1d10+5=14) - miss, half damage (7) and Rocco [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] and Renquist [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION] can make saving throw with +5 :D
Save Rocco; Save Renquist (1d20+5=13, 1d20+5=9) - sorry 4monos, if you have +1 to saves you save

AP: Haunting Spirits vs Will (Chained Cambion); psychic damage (1d20+9+2=13, 1d6+5=7) - terrible rolls!
Free move from Max: move Primera between Rocco and Renquist

Minor: Healing spirit on Renquist healing surge +4 +5; Rocco heals 17
Extra healing for Renquist; surgeless healing for Rocco (1d8=5, 1d6+2d8=17)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Yeah, great advice Meta. And what would you do with your healing if I did that and succeeded? But it truly is good idea.

Rocco nods his thanks to fey girl
"Haaa! Hahaha! She told you off, eh?"
He pushes toward the demon and slashes down hard. The chop gets slowed down by the chains, but Rocco somehow manages to pull enough of them and mark a place on the creature for future reference.

"Do you need him positioned better?" he asks in general

[sblock=Actions]
Move: 1 down right then 1 down left ending adjacent and right of Chain
Standard: Villain's menace vs Chain AC; damage (1d20+12+2=18, 2d6+10=19) - miss, Rocco get +1 to hit and +2 to damage. - NO MARK, leave Renqiust sanction for the moment

Just to confirm, since this is difficult terrain I cannot use hit for free shift, right? Can I use shift action to gain defensive bonus even though the shift itself was prevented? :) Don't answer that!
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rocco Stats]
MARKED: Chained Cambion

Initiative +4; Senses Passive Insight 15, Passive Perception 20
HP 34/55, Bloodied 27, Surge Value 13+1, Surges 11/12
AC 20; Fortitude 19, Reflex 16, Will 16

0/1 AP
Speed 5

Dual Strike
Brash Strike
Combat Challenge
Combat Superiority
Pass Forward

Funneling Fury
Sweeping Blow
Second Wind

Villain's Menace
Dancing Defense

Foe Maker Hand Axe - daily, standard, everyone within 5 squares are marked by Rocco
Mithral Chainmail - daily, immediate reaction, halve the damage of melee or ranged attack
Foe chaser boots - Daily immediate reaction: Trigger: Marked enemy makes an attack that doesn't include Rocco. Effect: Rocco teleports adjacent to the marked enemy.
Flesh Grinder Handaxe +2 - Daily free: Trigger: make an attack that attacks AC; Effect: Attack targets Fort and deals extra 1d6 damage

[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
"You shall not escape."

Dark energy bounds from Renquist's holy sword, while the devil is not affected, the energy remains on the battle field, protecting the paladin and his allies.

[sblock=actions]
Heal: 13+5=18 HP. Gain DR 3 TENT.
Start: Take 10 damage.
Movement: Move down and west. Should finish two squares north of Chained Cambion.
Standard: Hallowed Circle: 1d20+9, 2d6+6 → ([9, 9], [1, 2, 6])Roll Lookup . Miss. Cambion is still marked by Divine Challenge.
Effect: Creates zone (burst 3), Renquist and all allies gain +1 to all defenses while in the zone.
Save: 1d20 → [12] = (12) Roll Lookup
Renquist becomes dazed.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Renquist, Revenant paladin of Lauto
Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:15 Insight: 20
AC: 24/23 (24 if not bloodied) NAD: F: 17 R:18 W:19
HP: 12/54 Surges: 10/12 Surge Value: 13 AP: 1
Languages: Allerian, Old Allerian
Str:13 Dex:12 Wis:16 Con:15 Int:8 Cha:18

Powers:
At-Will: Ardent Strike, Enfeebling Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (2/3)
Encounter: Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle or Divine Strength, Second Wind, Valorous Smite, Dark Reaping, Call to Arms, Call of Challenge, In Death, Life
Daily: Radiant Delirium, Hallowed Circle

Special: AC is 24 when not bloodied. Gains 3 DR TSNT if Renquist spends a healing surge. [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The genasi hears Haruka's words, but before he can unleash the lightning blast, the chain of Dante cut the devil down.

Ashir turns his attention to the arcanist on the roof, his blast of electricity jolting the eladrin's nervous system.

The ball of flames maintains it's position next to the injured cultist.

[sblock=ooc]
Minor: Sustain sphere
Standard: Arc Lightning vs ref (Cambion, Arcanist); lightning (1d20+14=20, 1d20+14=34, 1d6+14=17) miss the Cambion, crit the Arcanistl for 20+crit damage (3d6=8) = 28
Move: SE 4 squares

Anyone starting adjacent to the sphere takes fire (1d4+13=16) damage. Kills C3

[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Ashir]
Init: +5 Speed: 6 Perception:14 Insight: 14
AC: 23 NAD:23/22/20
HP: 50/50+1thp Surges: 7/7 Surge Value: 11 AP: 0
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:20 Dex:12 Wis:13 Con:12 Int:20 Cha:8

Opportunity Attack: +13 vs. AC, 1d8+6 damage (Crit 1d6+14)

Powers:
Cantrips
Arc Lightning
Winged Horde
Magic Missile
Grasping Shadows (Skewering Spikes)
Lightning Bolt (Corrosive Mist)
Fire Shroud (Colour Spray)
Promise of Storms
Shield (Mystical Debris)
Second Wind
Sustaining Cloak +2
Stoneskin Robes +2
Flaming Sphere (Arcane Whirlwind)
Summon Magma Beast (Stinking Cloud)
Summon Iron Cohort (Wizard's Escape)
Flaming Staff +1
Restful Bedroll

[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
GM: I am back. Some catching up to do at work ; damn those Conformity geek squads running their nose through my office's files. There's got to be more productive use for my time than dotting i's. Anyway, I should get back on top of things at EN world by the end of the week.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads