• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Into the Wild

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
ooc: does max get to attack again or wait until the bad guys attack. I'm confused. :-S

Well, you went, and then they went, and since D&D combat is resolved by turns, it looks like you get to go again.

Standard: Burning Hands (T-X 13-17)

FYI, Haruka is currently in W17, so you're going to need to make another attack roll. Preferably something in the eleven or lower range.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: may I suggest one of you firey types drop some area blast over us to shake us awake? If you can hit the opponents at the same time, by all means :)

OOC: Unfortunately, that might not wake us up - if it's like the wizards Sleep spell that is. If we're lucky, it's just "you are unconscious" not "you are unconscious(save ends)". I guess the question is, for those of us who failed our saves, is the unconsciousness "normal" or is it "save ends"?

Last edited:

Nementah drones on the sound of growing plants somehow continuing. Primera lashes out at the goliath, weak willed warrior succumbing to the effect. Primera then dissapears while around Nementah boiling morass of earth spirits can be seen rising. They blast around, buckling the earth under her enemies and dropping them prone. But such wide effect is hard to control and some remain standing.

[sblock=Actions]
Protecting Strike vs Will (Goliath; Goon in O4); damage (1d20+7=21, 1d20+7=17, 1d8+5=12) - Rocco, Ibram and Renquist get 4 temporary hit points - sorry about double attack roll - I started writing blast and didn't delete the goon; use the roll to kill it with the blast

Move: shift to N4
Minor: re-summon Primera to V15

AP: Wrath of the Spirit World vs Will (Goon L6; Swordmage; Goliath; Goon O2; Shard monster; Horned Beast) (1d20+7=11, 1d20+7=13, 1d20+7=20, 1d20+7=18, 1d20+7=25, 1d20+7=14)
hits and prones: Goliath; goon O2 and shard monster for Psychic damage (3d6+5=18)
and misses goon swordmage and horned beast for 9 damage

Using Max presence, Nementah shifts back to M3 and Primera moves to X17 (Max gets +1 to NADs
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[Sblock=Haruka]Don't you have an ashen rod? That's what my CB files say, anyway.

That's +2 to fire damage for an even 40 on the attack. Nice one.

It's also +1 on attacks that target reflex such as... well, most of your attacks except tyranical threat.

EDIT: A glance at your wiki shows me you took the superior implement feat (Ashen Rod) but applied none of the effects on your attack... what gives? You assumed I'd require you to swap the implement? Nah, not in a PbP where it could take months before you see a shop and spend the ridiculous amount required to transfert enchantment. You got the feat, you got a rod, knock yourself out.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ashir]
Haruka was in the area of effect of the burning hand...

vs Ref Haruka (1d20+8=13)

Miss, half damage.

You also forgot to attack with the flaming sphere. Sensible thing to do is attack the Goliath so:

Flaming sphere vs Goliath (1d20+8=12, 2d6+9=17) miss
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rocco]Hey, you noticed that Dwarves now have the option of having +2 in Wisdom OR Strenght. I'm passing the word around to all dwarves![/sblock]

Ibram sees his companion fall around him like flies. He himself feel a deep fatigue setting in. No! Fight, struggle! First he uses his arcane prowess to rejuvenate the unconscious Renquist and pull him closer to the Goliath, which would not fail to draw protests from his companion if they weren't asleep! But there is a plan...

Then, Ignoring the harassing goons and trusting on Nementah's parasite-ish plant shield, he extends his enchanted harmonic blade and with a pure note a radiant ray shoots from the tip with devastating power and nearly topples the Goliath. Fall, fall! No, it stands.

-''Arrhh!!''

Fighting to keep his eyes open Ibram rushes through enemies and puts hims in perilous position with the singleminded intent to chop down the behemoth. One powerful blow of his giant sword almost achieve the desired result but it still barely stands. Leaving himself to a vicious counter attack should it fail, Ibram makes a desperate lunge and finally the giant, looking in disbelief at the puny man who killed him, falls to the ground limp.

-''Yeessss....'' Ibram cheers weakly but finally falls to the ground, overcome by the magic of the shard monster. He looks hopefully toward his companions, Rocco and Renquist. The overflowing radiant glow from his spell transfer to his ally, fighting the magic, helping them to awaken. They both begin to stir... and then settle more comfortably to continue their enchanted slumber.

-''Oh, you gotta be kid... *snore*'' And Ibram too falls unconscious.

[sblock=Action]

Ibram:
Minor: Majestic Word on Renquist, slide him next to the Goliath (whut? Yes. Adjacent to the Goliath)
Standard:
Song of the new Dawn, Ranged 10
Song of the new Dawn vs Goliath reflex (1d20+7=27, 2d8+6=9)

Crit. Don't you like it when the NPC steals the limelight?

crit (1d6=1)

total 23

OA from goons
OA from goons (1d20+11=25, 1d20+11=31), total of 2 dmg with resistance

Move: TPL

AP:
Guiding Strike vs Goliath (1d20+10=27, 1d12+6=10) hit, -2 to AC TENT

Bravura effect:
Basic Attack vs Goliath (1d20+10=14, 1d12+3=14) Hit thanks to Guiding strike, Kill it!

save (1d20=6) Unconscious

Free saves for Rocco and Renquist

Free saves from song of dawn 1:Renquist 2:Rocco (1d20=7, 1d20=7)

:erm:
[/sblock]

OOC: Ya know, Ibram was never updated to level 3, so there is no level 3 encounter power on his wiki and for the purpose of this encounter I chose one for him. I don't know what he would have chosen, but I played a valor bard in a table top game; Ramon the Great, an annoying bard who was singing his own praise and insisted everyone sang along to benefit from his magic!

So even though it's awfully convenient in your situation, I can attest that Song of the New Dawn really is a feat a valor bard would take. The most kick as$ of them all did, anyway.

Mind you, it failed anyway so. there.

I also noticed that his HP were 5 short even considering he wasn't leveled!

OOC: Hey, you wanna know what are the odds that 4 PCs (and a companion) will fail 7 out of 7 saving throws (each of your save + 2 free save from Song of the new Dawn)? 0.37%. I bet it's L4W record for a party. Feeling proud?

OOC: Max and Nementah are up

[sblock=S&S]
Dante 33/37 Resist 4, AP spent, Unconscious (save ends)
Ibram 35/40 Resist 4 Unconscious (save ends)
Nementah 29/35 Resist 4 (save ends, will fall unconscious if failed)
Renquist 37/37, Resist 4, AP Spent, -1 hs, Unconscious (save ends), Bl.wea.
Rocco Resist 4, Unconscious (save ends)
Virgil Resist 38/46 4, Unconscious (Save ends)

Max: 27/42, AP spent
Haruka: 34/56, Can only see 2 square away TENT
Ashir: slowed TENT

Horned Terror: 4 (-1)/107 Cursed, Prey, Tyr.Thr, Ongoing fire 5
Shard Glass Monster: 136/154 Cursed, AP spent, Tyr.Thr
Goliath (East): 20/65 cursed, Tyr.Thr

Swordmage: 79/90 quarry
Goliath (west): 32/65 Sanction (Renquist), bloodied

Goons (G)
Perception 14;
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 20; Fortitude 17, Reflex 18, Will 17
Speed 6,
OA: +11 vs AC; 5 damage (6 damage against a bloodied target).

Goliath Thug
HP 65; Bloodied 32
Perception 14
AC 16, Fortitude 18, Reflex 15, Will 15
OA : Greatclub
+7 vs. AC, 2d6 + 5 damage.

Elf Archer
Perception 22; low-light vision
HP 44; Bloodied 22
AC 17; Fortitude 14, Reflex 18, Will 15
OA: +8 vs AC; 1d8+3 damage (if longsword is drawn).

Horned Terror
Perception 16; low-light vision
HP 107; Bloodied 53
AC 19; Fortitude 22, Reflex 18, Will 18
OA Claws, +11 vs AC; 2d10+3 damage.

Scimitar Wielding Maniacs (white token with ninja type)
Perception 15; low-light vision
HP 62; Bloodied 31
AC 19; Fortitude 18, Reflex 17, Will 16
OA Scimitar +10 vs AC; 1d8+6 damage (crit 1d8+14).

Shard Monster
Perception 16; truesight
Emotion bending aura 1; enemies grant combat advantage while in the aura.
HP 154; Bloodied 77
AC 21; Fortitude 18, Reflex 20, Will 19
OA: Quick Illusion (standard, at-will) Illusion, Psychic
+11 vs Will; 1d6 + 5 Psychic damage and the target is knocked prone.

Lightning Genasi Swordmage
Perception 13
HP 90; Bloodied 45
Resist Thunder and Lightning 5
AC 19; Fortitude 16, Reflex 15, Will 15
OA: Longsword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+10 vs AC; 1d8+4 damage.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• final2-1.jpg
    final2-1.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
OOC: Oh, damn it. I missed Nementah's post before doing my own. Actually, I might have started before his... My post Took forever and was splitted by a meal, net surfing... Nah, surely it didn't take me 8 hour!

Anyway. I'll figure out what kind of retcon to do after gym.

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: Hey monsters, coup-de-grace party and everyone's invited! Edit: yup, save ends on the unconsciousness. Unless people have something that grants us saves, we're not waking up.

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Mal, don't forget Namentah gave three of us THP. Not sure if that will help with the incoming CDGs....
Different question, Virtuous Recovery grants 3 DR TSNT after Renquist uses a healing surge. Does this stack with the 4 DR from Namentah's daily? [/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
OOC: I am updating tonight (about 9 hours from this time stamp) and if Dimsdale hasn't posted, I'll run Max.

As for the retcon on Ibram's action, I'll just save the AP since it wouldn't have been needed to kill the Goliath when Nemantah's action are taken into account. That means he wouldn't have moved and still be toward the back.

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
My god man! I can't believe that I've posted late so many times recently. I promise that this will not happen again. 10 gold to everyone if it happens again!
[/sblock]

Nicely done!...nicely done! Max shouts as he watches Haruka's and Ashir's brutal attacks on the horned creature. Seeing that the beast is going to die from his wonds, Max strikes hard down on goliath to his left.

[sblock=actions]
minor: inspiring word on self for 10 + 1d6 = 11 bring number of surges down to 2
movement: none
attack: basic melee attack vs east goliath AC: 1d20+11=27 for 11

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads