[Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)

Scotley

Hero
"Well Faustus, you live long enough we'll make a sailor out of you. Just think of the ship as a dance partner, she moves this way, you move that way. Don't stand so stiff legged, get into the rhythm of the sea and sway. We still gotta lotta water between us and this island. Better learn to dance with the sea or your gonna continue to be a wallflower on that rail. I am Mari Champanel." She steps back to better see both Faustus and Scorpius. "So what to you hear about this new island we go to huh?" she asks of them both.

Leif

Adventurer
Faustus, Tiefling Avenger

The gruff Tiefling scowls at Mari and says, "Well, Mari, all I can say to that sailor thing is: 'Oh, lucky me!' And all I know about our destination is that we are going to investigate a 'newly shifted' island for the Mayor of Daunton. I'm not even sure exactly what 'newly shifted' means as it relates to islands."

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
The Ship

"What? You think you got places to go but the islands don't?" Scorpius says with a laugh. He sticks his hands out in front of him and moves them up and down in a rolling motion.

"The sea takes the boats up and down. If you loose your sails or the sea is strong enough then you go where ever the sea says. That's why we're here for maybe two days, maybe two months. The sea has opinions of her own. Same things happen with the islands, only some people are too busy looking at the trees and rocks to look at at the waves and see them moving." He laughs again.

"The only thing I know about this island is that island is I hear tell it's big."

Leif

Adventurer

Faustus pointedly ignores Scorpious and his 'epileptic' gyrations and says to Mari, "Yes, indeed we shall! And hopefully it won't be long after we arrive when we can begin to rid the place of the, um, undesirables." He lovingly fondles his murderous maul as he says this.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
"An eager warrior are you?" She gives him an appraising look. "I prefer to let the spirits do my fighting for me." She smiles, "I care less for 'undesirables' and more for the plunder they possess."

Leif

Adventurer

"I may relish the hunt and the struggle more than you, but I doubt if you enjoy the victor's rewards any more than I!"

Shayuri

First Post
"Oy, what's this? Idle hands on deck?" crows a new voice, though it was coming from above of all directions. A quick glance up showed the blue-skinned, white-haired genasi soaring down from the direction of the mast, fingers and toes leaving little contrails of fog as she descended. She landed on the deck near Faustus and the others talking to him and grinned a naughty-and-lovin'-it grin. "Why, I've half a mind to fetch the bosun and rat you lot out right here and now."

The outrage in her voice was mock though, and there was no malice nor anger in her eyes or posture. She was a smaller woman than Mari, shorter and thinner, though her arms and legs showed muscle. A pretty, young lass in her cured leather armor and colorful green and blue vest that flapped in the neverending breeze that swirled around her. Her sword was in its scabbard behind her back, slightly curved and heavier towards the tip for slashing, but more than sharp and balanced enough for thrusts as well.

"So," she inquired curiously, abandoning her faux bravado, "What's got you all knotting up by the rail? Is our newest leaving a trail in the sea for the gulls to follow?"

Scotley

Hero
"The gulls have been eating well, but we've deprived them of their food for a bit. Perhaps you have something to add to our talk of the island to which we sail eh? We seem to be as empty as Faustus' stomach on the subject." She tosses her hair back with a causal air, but something in her manner has changed in the presence of the smaller prettier woman. Her pose contains an air of challenge.

Remove ads