• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] KOGANÙSAN (DM: Sanzuo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Llama_Bill

First Post
The blood loss is starting to cause Kavac to become more less disciplined. He charges at the alpha but his wild swing come nowhere near connecting and leaves the barbarian open. Panting the goliath gets ready for the counter attack.

[sblock=Kavac's Stats and Actions]

I miss so much as a barbarian, could I have a +6 weapon please so that my damage per round could be respectable?

Move: Move to E5 avoiding threaten squares.
Standard: Charge to E9 and miss the alpha. Strike out: 1d20+8=11, 1d12+1d6+4=22
Minor: Rolls and avenger instead.

Kavac - Goliath Barbarian 1
RAGING
Racial Features: Mountain's Tenacity, Powerful Athlete, Stone's Endurance
Class Features: Barbarian Agility, Rageblood Vigor, Rampage
Passive Perception 18, Passive Insight 11
AC 16, Fort 17, Reflex 14, Will 13
HP 12+4/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges 11/12
Speed 6+2, Initiative +2
Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Pressing Strike, Howling Strike
Encounter Powers: Desperate Fury, Swift Charge, Stone's Endurance
Daily Powers: Swift Panther Rage
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Back]
I'm back. Uggg, this ongoing damage is going to kill us.

Perhaps I will get lucky, and the monkey will miss me. Otherwise, I'm dead meat.
[/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
[sblock=Back]
I'm back. Uggg, this ongoing damage is going to kill us.

Perhaps I will get lucky, and the monkey will miss me. Otherwise, I'm dead meat.
[/sblock]
[sblock]
I'm just glad I was able to return him conscious. I take no responsibility for any upcoming scratches or dings on the character.
[/sblock]

Otakkun

Explorer
"Come on people, give them everything you've got or we won't be getting out of here alive!", having said that, Shrakk's body glows for a second as he focuses his divine power. His muscles bulge and his bleeding stops as the power flows within. In the blink of an eye the glow seems to implode into his body and in a move faster than anything you've seen him deliver he unleashes a devastating attack on the Alpha Mandril.

[sblock=Actions]
Aspect of Might on Alpha Mandril 1d20+11=23 vs AC, 3d12+7=32 damage.)
Heal 4HP
Until the end of the encounter, Shrakk gains +5 power bonus to athletics, +2 power bonus to speed & +2 damage rolls of melee attacks.
Saving Throw (1d20=20)[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Stats]Shrakk, Githzerai Avenger 2
Speaks in DarkOrange
HP 17/35 Temp HP 0
Initiative +4
AC 18, Fort 14, Reflex 16, Will 16
AP 0, Surges 9/9
Second Wind [X]
Iron Mind [ ]
Angelic Alacrity [X]
Distracting Flare [ ]
Channel Divinity: Divine Guidance [X]
Channel Divinity: Abjure Undead [ ]
Aspect of Might [X]

Special
Shift 3 when using second wind.
+2 bonus to saves vs. daze, dominate & stun.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Cute-Hydra

First Post
Karma moves around his friend and tries to blast the far away monkey desperately trying to save his fallen comrade. The effects of his injuries are getting to him however and he just fails to break the monkeys mind.

[sblock=OOC]
Move to D7
Attack Dishearten targeting K10
Roll Lookup 11+2 = 13 vs Will

Stupid illness...

P.S sorry for holding it up, I was waiting for monkeys to go again forgot I got a go...
[/sblock]

Sanzuo

First Post
As Shale struggles to maintain his form Halleck quickly rushes over, grabs the shardmind by its shoulders(?) and yells, “PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER, MAN!” This seems to be enough to shock Shale back into consciousness and his body quickly stabilizes. Meanwhile, Brenwar and Kavac both miss the crazed alpha mandrill with their wild swings. Yet, it leaves the animal wide open for a devastating attack from the githzerai. Shrakk calls upon the gods, and the gods answer. Shrakk's fullblade ruptures open the beast's back, nearly severing its spine and its painful cry seems to cause the other mandrills to hesitate. However, it seems to summon a hidden reserve of strength and it catches Brenwar in another swing of its arms, knocking the brave paladin to the ground once again. Karma continues to use mental attacks on the mandrills hiding in the trees, but finds his endurance waning. The fight seems to be going into a stalemate...

...suddenly the combatants ears are filled with a loud trumpeting sound that echoes throughout the jungle;
“BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRM”
The mandrills freeze for a split-second, filled with terror. The alpha mandrill seems to shout some kind of order to the others and they vanish quickly into the trees. In a frenzied state, the large monkey shoves his way past the three warriors on him and takes a few parting blows from Shrakk and the Prone Brenwar. This hardly seems to slow the beast down, however, as he flees into the jungle as if Asmodeus were at his back.

The exhausted and bloodied party stands still a moment, panting heavily. Then it seems as if their opponents will not be returning... at least for the time being. But what was that sound?

[sblock=Actions]Player Actions:
  • Shale: Fails death save.
  • Brenwar: Ongoing 5 damage, Misses Alpha Mandrill with Virtuous Strike, lay on hands on self, succeeds on saving throw
  • Halleck: Ongoing 5 damage, Moves to I10, activates Shale's second wind, succeeds on saving throw
  • Kavac: Moves to E5, Charge to E9 and misses Alpha Mandrill, rolls an avenger.
  • Shrakk: Hits Alpha Mandrill with Aspect of Might for 32 damage and heals 4 hp, succeeds on saving throw
  • Alpha Mandrill: (bloodied) Makes a free flailing arms attack, hits Brenwar for 12(-3) damage and knocks him prone, automatically misses Kavac and Shrakk.

Enemy Actions:
  • Alpha Mandrill:Uses Howl
  • Mandrill B15: Free leaps off-map.
  • Alpha Mandrill: Moves off-map
  • Brenwar: Hits with OA for 9 damage
  • Kavac: Misses with OA
  • Shrakk: Hits with OA for 20 damage
  • Alpha Mandrill: Flees
  • Mandrill Off-Map: Flees
  • Mandrill K10: Leaps off-map, flees
[/sblock][sblock=Status]Player Final Status:

• Brenwar: 12/47 hp 3 damage resist until SONT, 4 surges spent, prone, bloodied
  • Shrakk: 17/35 hp 3 surges spent, bloodied
  • Halleck: 2/25 hp bloodied
  • Karma: 9/20 hp -1 surge, -2 attacks and skill checks, 2 surges spent, bloodied
  • Kavac: 12/33 hp 1 surge spent, bloodied
  • Shale: 6/24 hp +2 defenses until EONT, -1 surge, -2 attacks and skill checks, 2 surges spent, prone, 2 failed death rolls, bloodied
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
battle01map11.png
[/sblock]

Vic...tory?

[sblock=The Spring]Even though it's got some blood and monkey-hair in it now, the water is very refreshing. It gives you a +2 bonus on your next endurance either to fight off Jungle Fever or in the skill challenge.[/sblock][sblock=The Sound, Nature DC 17]Sounded like an elephant... a big one.[/sblock]

GM: Alright, well done everyone. That was a tough fight... maybe tougher than I had intended. I'm used to my tabletop group of going through fights like a well-oiled powergaming machine, but I've learned a lot about this pbp thing already.

Go ahead and take as many short rests as you like. That means you can have Halleck and Karma healing you with their special abilities, so your surges are a bit more efficient.

After that, decide what you guys want to do next. It looks like there is enough daylight to continue for a few hours, or you can set up camp here.
[sblock=Tenchuu/Halleck]If you would, please make two rolls for the first two rounds of the skill challenge. Here's a reminder of what you need;

Skill Challenge
DC: 19 on all rolls.

Round 1 Skills:
  • Athletics: Break a trail
  • Heal: Keep the party healthy
  • Nature: Identify helpful or hazardous plants and animals.
  • Perception: Look out for a path or danger
  • History: Recall some information on the hidden ruin's location
  • Knowledge (Int or Wis): Offer some sort of helpful information

Round 2 Skills:
  • Acrobatics: Deftly make your way through the foliage
  • Athletics: Muscle your way through the brush
  • Endurance: Set the pace/Keep the pace
  • Heal: Keep the party healthy
  • Perception: Keep an eye out for trouble
  • Social (Charisma only, no skill): Encourage/Bully the party into continuing
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Cute-Hydra

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

Okay I can heal healing surge +D6, I am spending 2 which takes me to 1 surge left having used four so far, one from my own healing one getting me up from the dead and 2 now.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2686384/ 7+10 = 17
which takes me to full health.

Anyone else can use this +D6 if my colleague doesn't have a better one.

Am I allowed to make a save vs. disease now or do I have to wait?
[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
"I'd advocate against both staying here and not staying here. Whatever made that sound was obviously enough to scare our foes, but I don't think we can risk another encounter with hostile fauna, which sounds probable if we continue moving forward." says Shale, who's not being of much help.

He sits down and takes his time placing crystal where they belong. "I should not have come here - I wasn't expecting this kind of violence and I'm of no use at it."

[sblock]With Hallek's +4 bonus I should be fine spending two surges. I wouldn't have mind dieing, to be sincere: psionic power will be available for use this friday, and was an opportunity to remake the character and undo some bad choices. Like, all of them.[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Short Rest Bonus]I would have to select hybrid talent feat to get one of those bonuses, which I have not. So, sorry, but no help here. Just straight healing surges. [/sblock][sblock=Halleck healing Surges]I'll use 4 to heal for 24, putting me back to full health. I believe I only used 1 so far, so that leaves me with 3. [/sblock][sblock=Skill Check]Double Fail.

Athletics: 1d20+6=8
Heal: 1d20+6=15
[/sblock]
Halleck pulls a cup from his pack and sips the water from the pond with refinement. After drinking, he offers the cup to the others.

"I fear after getting drawn in to the adventure, I have failed to properly introduce myself. I am Viscount Ambrose Halleck, faithful stewart of Allar. It is my sworn duty to develop my skills, such that I may better protect my city, and the continent of Allaria. It is an honor, and certainly my privilege, to fight by your side."

"Now, any ideas on what drove the monkeys away? I'd love to think it was my bravado, but I have serious doubts it was any of our doing."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads