• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Little Workshop of Horrors (Judge: stonegod)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
When Canus's blade cuts through the golem's body, it ruptures some internal tank. Caustic liquid sprays out onto his sword arm, and along with it comes a minuscule homunculus which stabs at him, furthering the spread of the caustic substance.

The golem turns to the nearest opponent it can see and swings at kal'Tarron. The deva is not fast enough to dodge the blow and is hit. As the attack connects, the faint glow around its hands brightens, and kal'Tarron is left unharmed. Unharmed, but sprayed with acid.

[sblock=Status]
Belanaar: 22/40+5
Canus: 21/40+2, invisible to golem, ongoing 2 acid (save ends)
kal'Tarron: 51/56, 5 ongoing acid (save ends)
Moses: 38/38+5
Venakhad: 31/49+5, +2 to all defenses

Vat Spawn 1:
Vat Golem: -84, bloodied, quarried, -6 to melee damage rolls

kal bloodied the golem, fyi.

The Spawn shifts and attacks Canus, hitting AC 24 for 3 acid damage, and 2 ongoing acid damage (save ends).

The golem attacks kal, hitting Fort 20 for 9-4=5 damage and 5 ongoing acid damage (save ends).
[/sblock]

[sblock=Monster Info]
Vat Golem
AC 18 | F ? | R 16 | W 15
Resist: 5 acid
MBA: +8 vs Fort, 1d8+3 damage and 5 ongoing acid damage (save ends)

Vat Spawn
Minion
AC ? | F ? | R ? | W ?
MBA: +8 vs AC, 3 acid damage and 2 ongoing acid damage (save ends)
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Furnace_r5.jpg
    Furnace_r5.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=82251]TwoHeadsBarking[/MENTION], There two attacks weren't melee? He hit twice before I just didn't take notice since they targeted reflex, but now I re-read it and nowhere it says it's ranged or area...if those are melee, golem is already at -10...and was at -8 for the first attack this round

Also, you missed that everyone has +5 thp from my healing word :)

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Moses drops to his knees, and lowers his head in a silent prayer. He rises and awaits with apprehension for an answer from the lord of the Storm. Thunder erupts with deafening force between the golem an the homunculus sending loose parts of the creature clatteringtothe ground.

Moses closes his eyes and breathes in deeply, a serene look on his face.

"Praise the Lord. I have learnt my lesson. I will bury my pride, Lord. Without you I am nothing. I am an empty cup. I am a voice lost in the Storm."

OOC: Actions: Free action: Drop to knees to pray; Move action: Stand back up Standard: Vanguard's Lightning at F12 rolling... Yipee! I'm guessing that hits both. Slide Golem 2 back and spawn 2 to F9. Damage was thunder damage not lightning damage btw. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[MENTION=82251]TwoHeadsBarking[/MENTION], There two attacks weren't melee? He hit twice before I just didn't take notice since they targeted reflex, but now I re-read it and nowhere it says it's ranged or area...if those are melee, golem is already at -10...and was at -8 for the first attack this round

Also, you missed that everyone has +5 thp from my healing word :)

GM: Nope. The two lightning attacks were ranged. And I didn't forget about the thp, but when I was writing the update I didn't think you got it yourself. I gave it to everyone else though. Is it a "you and all allies" deal? If so I'll update accordingly.

Moses certainly does hit both enemies, and kills the spawn.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
GM: Nope. The two lightning attacks were ranged. And I didn't forget about the thp, but when I was writing the update I didn't think you got it yourself. I gave it to everyone else though. Is it a "you and all allies" deal? If so I'll update accordingly.

Moses certainly does hit both enemies, and kills the spawn.

Symbol of the Holy Nimbus Property: When healing word is used Venakhad and allies withing 5 squares get 5 temporary hit points

GROMkill

First Post
The young elf whips out another two arrows, but only gets a clean shot with one as the golem violently reacts to his ally's efforts to slay it.

The arrow burrows into its shoulder.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Move: No action taken

Minor: Hunter's Quarry on Vat Golem.

Standard: Twin Strike on Vat Golem. Hits AC 20 for 12 damage.

[sblock=rolls]

Attack Rolls:
1d20+11=13, 1d20+11=20

Damage Rolls:
1d12+2=9

Hunter's Quarry Roll:
1d6=3[/sblock]

[/sblock]

[sblock=Belanaar]Belanaar Zalyth Male Elf Archer-Ranger 4
Initiative: +7
Passive Perception: 24
Passive Insight: 15
Senses: Normal
AC:21
Fort:16
Reflex:20
Will:17
HP:22+5/40
Bloodied:20
Surge Value:10
Surges left:6/7
Action Points: 0

Powers:

Twin Strike
Nimble Strike

Two-Fanged Strike [x]
Invigorating Stride [x]
Disruptive Strike [x]
Elven Accuracy [x]

Sure Shot [x]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [x]

Cloak of Resistance +2 [ ]

Frost Weapon +1

Conditions:

+1 to all defenses against Vat Golem.

[sblock=Important Features] Predator's Hide +1: When you hit a target you have designated with your Hunter's Quarry class feature, you gain a +1 bonus to all defenses against attacks by the designated quarry until the end of your next turn.

Group Awareness: You grant non-elf allies within 5 squares of you a +1 racial bonus to Perception checks.

Wild Step: You ignore difficult terrain when you shift (even if you have a power that allows you to shift multiple squares).

Hunter's Quarry: Once per turn as a minor action, you can designate the enemy nearest to you as your quarry. Once per round, you deal an extra 1d6 damage to your quarry. If you can make multiple attacks in a round, you decide which attack to apply the extra damage to after all the attacks are rolled. The hunter’s quarry effect remains active until the end of the encounter, until the quarry is defeated, or until you designate a different target as your quarry. You can designate one enemy as your quarry at a time.

Prime Shot: If none of your allies are nearer to your target than you are, you receive a +1 bonus to ranged attack rolls against that target.

Defensive Mobility: You gain a +2 bonus to AC against opportunity attacks.

Weapon Proficiency: +2 to attack roll with Greatbows.

Weapon Focus: +1 to damage roll with Bows.

Bow Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls that you make with a bow. In addition, you gain a +1 bonus to the damage roll of any weapon attack you make with a bow against a single creature that is not adjacent to any other creature.
[/sblock] [/sblock]

Last edited:

rb780nm

First Post
OOC:
Oops, I think you might be waiting on me... somehow I missed the turn rolling around.

Now the golem is bloodied, I gain +1 to defenses against it.

kal'Tarron stands his ground in front of the strange beast and swings his axe again. As he swings, the axe grows larger and more jagged, while the Deva's blood runs from his hands down his arms. The blow strikes the golem, opening a large rent in its flesh. Distracted by the combat, kal'Tarron ignores the acid burning his skin.

OOC:
Aspect of Might (OoE, Bloodclaw) on Vat Golem, saving throw (1d20+12=23, 1d20+12=22, 3d12+12=26, 1d20=1)

Hits AC 23 for 26 damage,
I gain +2 to damage this encounter, take 2hp damage from bloodclaw

Fail saving throw

[sblock=Quick Stats]kal'Tarron, Deva Avenger 6 Speaks in Bold Purple[/B
HP 51/56 Temp HP 2 Initiative +4 AC 23, Fort 16, Reflex 19, Will 19 AP 1, Surges 8/8, (14hp)

+1 defense against bloodied creature, Resist 8 Necrotic, Radiant, 2 Posion, Censure of Retribution, Sanguine Vestments +1 (+1 defense when OoE target is bloodied), Amulet of Health +1, Coif of Mindiron

Bond of Retribution Radiant Vengeance Avenging Echo Halo of Fire Oath of Emnity Chanel Divinity Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes Bloodclaw Great Axe Coif of MindironAspect of Might Blessing of Vengeance Couter of Second Chances Menacing Presence Wrath of the Divine
Special +2 Damage until end of encounter from Aspect of Might [/sblock]

Remove ads