Adventure: Long Arm Of Lauto, Obolus. (DM: CaBaNa, Judge: by covaithe

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=Context]
OOC: CaBaNa, could you sblock our posts instead of quoting them? I find it hard to follow, must scroll for longer posts and I've read all of our posts already...I will manage if you find it easier this way for book keeping...

[sblock=Dwarven]
"My color is my business, I've left it with my clan. But since you trade in information I'll ask of you this:"[/sblock]
and continues in Allarian
"If you hear or know something about Deep Lake clan, any surviving members or it's precise location, I'll be willing to recompense you greatly."

His voice changes to formal introduction as he extends his hand to Kargyll again
"My name is Rockslide Falcrunn of the clan of Deep Lake from Valhyr vale. Now I'm known as Rocco Shadowlost of shadar-kai."
[/sblock]

Taking Rocco by the forearm, Kargyll gives a hearty shake,
Well met, exact locations are hard to finagle, what with the transitive isles transiting, I'll have the Eyez ask around though. Deep Lake... Kargyll scratches at his long beard, and hesitantly makes an offer to Rocco, You come back from the shadow beast, and I'll tell you what I could find, on the condition that you consider joining the Red Boots. Kargyll looks Rocco up and down when he extends the offer, appraising the odd dwarf.

[sblock=Context]

OOC: I think there's been a slight misunderstanding...I meant "bow" as in a bend or kneel, not "bow" as in an actual object. Sorry, I should have phrased in different. Hilarious though. :p

"Walking dead girls? Curious. Well Mr. Redboot, I thank you for your time and services and wish you the best of luck with your...whatever it is you do here."

Allowing the energy around his hands to disappate, Silphyus extends his badly scarred hand for an earnest handshake. He then turns to his companions.

"Perhaps it is time we take our leave here, gentlemen?"

The deva walks slowly, casually, for the stairs, speaking to Gaunt as he passes.

"You said you came to sketch the shadow creature? Do you often dabble in such...unorthodox endevours?"
[/sblock]

Kargyll shakes the deva's hand firmly, We keep the peace, and thank you.

Ribeye gives a small salute as the deva passes.

[sblock=OOC]
I knew which context bow was being used in, however Ibram seems like the type to make a play on words that would go over everyone's head. Then deny that he was making a joke at all. ;)

[/sblock]

[sblock=Context]
Partially aware of his misinterpretation, and noticing the puzzled looks on everyone's faces as he 'ties' the 'cord' around his waist, Ibram quickly says "It's a half-elf thing. Fer luck."

Bluff check-
1d20+10 → [11,10] = (21) Roll Lookup

[d].[/d]

Ibram
grins sheepishly at Silphyus's questioning. "Achh..well, aye. I do have a bit o' a knack fer the unconventional. Ye see, I'm puttin' together a book 'o sorts, so's I needed to sketch the bugger. It be just a l'il project 'o mine. No risk, no reward eh? Anyways, Rocco 'ere is right, if that beastie is close by we should be 'eaded out."
[d].[/d]

OOC:
OOC: Ahhaha..yeah I totally read that wrong, apologies. It was puzzling earlier, but now it is quite hilarious. I was like 'Sweet! Short bow!' *sigh*
OOC:
OOC:
OOC:
OOC:
OOC:
OOC:
[/sblock]

Ribeye nods to Ibram as the half-elf exits the room.

[sblock=Context]
"I don't want to sound offensive, but do you think it smart running after a monster trying to draw it? Do you really think it will stand and let you draw instead of killing you? If or rather when we confront it, will you help or be liability?"

After he receives the answer Cyr turns after the dragonborn
"Each moment we waste culprits are further away, so if there's nothing else?..."
he waits for a barest of moments looking at Kargyll
"let's go get them!"
[/sblock]

Kargyll smiles at Cyr, and gives a sweeping hand motion toward the stairs, as if to say "after you".

[sblock=Context]
[D].[/D]
Ibram brings the hood of his cape to cover his head. He takes a step back and half of his face becomes obscured by shadow. His one mischievous, blue eye can be seen, twinkling with delight as he flashes a genuine grin of pleasure.

"Well I didn't run up ter it in the open, now did I? I'm still 'ere and I live ter tell ye 'bout it. I understand yer concern now, mind ye, and I wouldn't mind sketchin' the beastie after it's dead. This'll make a grand story."

[D].[/D]
[/sblock]

Now outside the party continues it's discussion as the afternoon sun continues to approach the horizon. The short foray into the Red Boot headquarters hasn't wasted much time, and the tracks leading toward the woods are still rather fresh.

[sblock=Context]
The deva's expression lit up at the words "I do have a bit o' a knack fer the unconventional." His almost giddy tone was readily apparent in his voice.

"My friend, I think you and I are going to get along just swimmingly. We'll have to compare notes after this business is sorted out."

In respect to his fellow deva's suggest...

"I agree with Cyr. We've wasted enough time already, and that shadow th-I mean the Obolus isn't getting any closer."
[/sblock]

Cyr comments on the business at hand as the party begins preperations for entering the nearby woodland.

[sblock=Context]
The quiet dragonborn watches from the corner, his white scales gleaming in the room's light, looking like polished glass.

"Yessss, unlessss thisss dwarf wissshesss usss for anything further." Kryath rasps, his serpentlike tongue flicking out and testing the air with the newcomer's presence. "You paint monssstersss? Very interesssting." he comments

ooc- Kryath here, dragonborn cold sorcerer, sorry for the delay, went away for the weekend with my parents. They surprised me and I didn't have time to come online.

Aid another in Arcana - 1d20 7=25 (Silphyus' post from last page)

Hey CaBaNa or Neurotic how do you do those boxes that open up?
[/sblock]

At Kryath's rhetorical question Kargyll only continues to hold his stance offering that the party exit before he continue his business.

[sblock=Context]
"We must stop this shadow creature. It might be the shadow guardian that is supposed to be guarding the Obulus. Where can we locate the Poe Eyez at Kargyll? We should go talk to them" Aurak says, looking to the others at the end of the comment
[/sblock]

Taking the last question Kargyll smiles, Nothing they could tell you I haven't already, but the Eyez run the streets. See a dirty looking child paying you too much attention, likely a Poe Eyez member.

OOC: This is not finished yet... Fiance is stranded and it's below freezing, must leave immediately to rescue my damsel in distress... Rescue accomplished. Moving forward.

[sblock=OOC]

The party is located at the edge of Overgrowth, and the forest beyond.

If everyone continues into the woods, marching orders, actions, and so on please.

The fastest way to learn about the secret blocks, hit quote on a post with one. It will show you the code.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

modest

First Post
OOC: Are there any shops located nearby? And What happened to Alissa?

Ibram stands scratching his beard. "So, anyone 'ave any idea where ter start?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Following tracks, naturaly. I'll take a lead."

Rocco pulls tiny silver hammer no more then 4 inches long and one handaxe. He strikes the hammer on axe blade producing clear note. He then return hammer to his pocket and pulls another axe.

"Let's go! Be ready for an ambush."

Perception to follow tracks (1d20+7=26)

"We follow the tracks Rockslide pointed out. And in a hurry too. I am trained archeologist, but eye for details will come handy now that we have to hurry to catch up. Rockslide, let us take the point, we can watch together so if one misses a clue, the other might notice. The rest of you, do the same, more eyes the better."

Starting on the trail, he shortly turns toward Gaunt
"You still didn't say how can you help us. You just stated you can hide enough not to be observed by the beast in passing and that you can draw."

Perception for tracking(1d20+10=21); Insight to 'read' thieves intentions (1d20+10=16)

thaco

First Post
Kryath is quite upset at being ordered around and instead of spending the time watching like Cyr suggested, the dragonborn instead imagined freezing the deva and eating him...

[sblock=ooc]
aid another perception - 1d20-1=4 haha..no...[/sblock]

CMoss

First Post
Aurak will take a place at the rear of the group as the others have already begun moving out. The paladin's vigilance and draconic senses are sharp as he scans the forest for any threats.

[sblock=ooc]
Thanks!

1d20 2=18 perception[/sblock]

modest

First Post
Ibram's mood visibly turns even brighter at Cyr's questioning challenge. "Ahh, well ye see mate, every creature in this world 'as a natural rhythm..a specific cadence if ye will. By listening to the creature's rhythm, and watchin' 'ow he moves, I learn his weaknesses. Ye let me fight wit' ye, and I'll show ye how to beat the beastie," Ibram says smugly, entirely too pleased with himself.

Ibram draws his fullblade from his back-sheathe and runs his finger down the sharp edge, drawing a bead of thick red blood. He takes up position in front of Aurak, starts to whistle a little tune and whips out a few practice swings. "Right then, off we go."

THushman

First Post
"Strange is the night where black stars rise
And strange moons circle through the skies
The Sign of Voor, Unchain, Unseal
Through spheres and hours now Reveal"

read Silphyus from his small blue book. Indeed, so involved was the deva in his invocation of the Voorish Sign that he failed to notice the path around him. He did, howeve, manage to keep pace with the group, towards the center.

Perception (aid another); Insight to follow the thieve's intentions; Arcana (detect magic) (1d20+2=4, 1d20+7=8, 1d20+8=24)

Remove ads