• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Lord Byron’s Economic Woes (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=johnmeier1]
I knew I was forgetting something. Since this clearing is surrounding by woods, you are protected from the wind, and therefore no -2 (FYI, next encounter is back to the -2, unless you are inside). So, if you add that and the CA, I think your other attack landed as well. Don't forget to roll that damage.
[/sblock]

rastl74

First Post
Stanng draws his broadsword and brings his shield to bear and charges forward as the arrows begin to fly. May Maros bless this battle!

[sblock=actions]
Surprise Round
I will move from J2 to G2 and charge either one of the kobolds that are there... if they are still alive when I get there:
Attack:1D20 + 7 => 24 vs AC
Damage:1D10 + 4 => 5

Round 1
Regardless of what is left behind, I will move from G2 to E4 and use Piercing Smite on the big kobold in E5. I will mark all three adjacent targets.
Attack:1D20 + 6 => 10 vs Reflex
Damage: 2D10 + 4 => 11
[/sblock]

[sblock=Glory Hog]
Just so everyone knows, Stanng is a Glory Hog. It is what he he lives and breaths. He will usually look for the shortest path to the biggest guy in battle. It will either get him killed, or win him the day. If the odds are more formidable... he will try to draw attention to himself so others can pick them apart.

Just wanted you to know in advance! Cheers.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Stanng Male Shifter Paladin 1
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 13 Passive Insight: 18, Senses: Low-light Vision
AC:18, Fort:15, Reflex:12, Will:14
HP:25/25, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:10/10
Action Points: 0
Powers:
Divine Challenge
Lay on Hands
Holy Strike
Valiant Strike

Longtooth Shifting
Divine Mettle
Divine Strength
Battle Awareness
Piercing Smite

Paladin's Judgement

Important Stuff:
regeneration 2, when bloodied and using longtooth shifting.

Conditions:

Full sheet: Stanng Bonetooth, Paladin of Maros [/sblock]

Last edited:

LadyJane

First Post
Tessa holds up her red crystal orb and firey energy pulses and twists inside of it before she holds it aloft and speaks in ancient tongues as it sends out a concussive ball of flames into three of the kobolds before it explodes in a torrent of flames roaring and swirling all over the place!

"Burn!"

[sblock=Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation] w Orb of Imposition adder. Target square E2. Attack v D3 Ref=1d20+4 (20), Attack vs F1 Ref=1d20+4 (6), Attack vs F2 Ref=1d20+4 (13) 1d6+4=7 Damage, knocking kobolds hit prone

Until end of Tessa's 2 next turns, each enemy who starts it's turn in or enters a burst 3 zone takes 3 Fire damage, this fire damage doesnt affect allies.[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=DM] Thanks for the update. I changed my turn based on my initiative and Tessa's turn, and wounded the slinger for 4 damage more [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Seeing the shifter engaging the big kobold, Kane nods and then sees an opportune chance at the other foes. As he doubles back he looks to Tessa, "Remind me never to get on your bad side" as the fires continue to burn.

Closing in on the uninjured kobolds, Kane smiles at the more heavily armed warrior kobold and the other armed with little more than a dagger. With a slash of his bastard sword and a chop of the waraxe in his left hand, he draws deep wounds on both foes. The bugbear allows the momentum of his attacks to carry him closer to the knife-wielder.

[sblock=ooc]
Move: to G2 (along diagonals to avoid OA's (G4 - H3 - G2)
Standard: Whirling Frenzy - 1D20 + 9 => 16 on blackblade's Ref; 1D20 + 9 => 18 on warriors reflex Hits both ( 1D12 + 2D6 + 6 => 15 on blackblade, 1D12 + 2D6 + 6 => 28 on warrior) bloodiying both
Free: Shift to G1 and both grant CA against Kane TENT (Feral Might)
Minor: Activate Predatory Eye
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Kane Male Bugbear Barbarian 2
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11, Senses: Low-light
AC:19, Fort:17, Reflex:16, Will:12
HP:35/35, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:8/10
Action Points: 0
Powers:
Howl of Fury
Whirling Rend

Predatory Eye
Whirling Lunge
Whirling Frenzy
Shrug it Off

Swift Panther Rage

Important Stuff:
+1d8 damage when charging. Cool stuff happens when he bloodies or kills a bad guy

Conditions:

Full sheet: L4W:pC:Kane (renau1g) - ENWiki[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Awesome strikes again, Kane! shouts Wil to bolster his comrade.

[sblock=OOC]Immediate Reaction - Bardic Virtue for the round: Kane gains 3 temp hit points for bloodying an opponent[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Hi, I'm back! Sorry, did not have internet at all on vacation.

I will get caught up and start posting later today (maybe not until the evening).[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
Tessa set the enemies ablaze, killing one of the escaping Kobolds outright.

Stanng charged through the fire, no harm coming to him. Slicing the warrior, he then moved forward to brutish Kobold. The Kobold Warrior stabbed at the shifter as he moved away, but the attack bounced off the Paladin's shield.

As Stang moved into position, he noticed too late a pit trap, and the paladin fell face first into the manhole, his body thrown to the ground.

Kane, seeing the paladin approach (before he hit the pit), moved toward the group of Kobolds, looking to kill many enemies at once, as he did in his last encounter with the creatures. The Kobold Skullcrusher took advantage of the withdraw, and sliced into the warrior's arm, drawing warm blood. "Firssst Blood to me, tresssapassser!"

The bloodied barbarian threw himself into battle, cutting the Kobold warrior in half and seriously injuring the blackblade.
[sblock=Mechanics]
Stanng moves away from Warrior, trigger OA
Attack: 1D20 + 6 => 16 Miss

Stang runs over a pit trap.
Attack vs Reflex 1D20 + 4 => 20
Damage: 1D10 => 8
Effect: Stanng is now prone

Tessa's Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation attacks hidden foe
Attack:1D20 + 4 => 9

Miss

Kane moves away from Skull Cleaver, triggering OA
Attack: 1D20 + 6 => 19 Hit
Damage: 1D10 + 5 => 15
Note: used existing temp hit points first. (which were replenished when you bloodied the other Kobolds
[/sblock][sblock=Status]
Wil Rando (4): J6 28/28 HS 10/10 AP 1
Tessa Tressd'n (6): J5 23/23 HS 7/7 AP 1
Hergunna (?): J3 31/31 HS 9/9 AP 1
Kane (17): J4 16/35 THP 3/3 HS 9/10 AP 0 Bloodied
Stanng (14): J2 18/25 HS 10/10 AP 1

Kobold Warrior (6) - F2 0/29 Dead
Kobold Blackblade (6) - F1 10/25 Bloodied
Kobold Skull Cleaver (6) - E5 38/53
Kobold Sharpshooter (6) - E1 31/31
Kobold Slinger (6) - D5 3/24 Bloodied
?
Kobold Skirmisher (6) - D3 0/27 Dead
[/sblock][sblock=map]
Byron-3.png

[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]
Kobold Sharpshooter (Goblin Sharpshooter reskin)
HP 31; Bloodied 15
AC 16; Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 11
Speed 6
Short Sword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+6 vs AC; 1d6+2 damage.
Hand Crossbow (standard, at-will) Weapon
Ranged 10/20; +9 vs AC; 1d6+4 damage.
Sniper
When a goblin sharpshooter makes a ranged attack from hiding and misses, it is still considered to be hiding.
Combat Advantage
The goblin sharpshooter deals an extra 1d6 damage against any target it has combat advantage against.
Goblin Tactics (immediate reaction, when missed by a melee attack; at-will)
The goblin shifts 1 square.

Kobold Warrior (Goblin Warrior reskin)

HP 29; Bloodied 14
AC 17; Fortitude 13, Reflex 15, Will 12
Speed 6
Spear (standard, at-will) Weapon
+6 vs AC; 1d8+2 damage.
Javelin (standard, at-will) Weapon Ranged 10/20;
+6 vs AC; 1d6+2 damage.
Mobile Ranged Attack (standard, at-will)
The goblin warrior can move up to half its speed; at any point during that movement, it makes one ranged attack without provoking an opportunity attack..
Great Position
If, on its turn, the goblin warrior ends its move at least 4 squares away from its starting point, it deals an extra 1d6 damage on its ranged attacks until the start of its next turn.

Kobold Blackblade (Goblin Blackblade Reskin)
HP 25; Bloodied 12
AC 16; Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 11
Speed 6
Short Sword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+5 vs AC; 1d6+2 damage.
Combat Advantage
The goblin blackblade deals an extra 1d6 damage against any target it has combat advantage against.
Sneaky
When shifting, a goblin blackblade can move into a space occupied by an ally of its level or lower. The ally shifts into the blackblade’s previous space as a free action.

Kobold Skull Crusher (Goblin Skullcrusher reskin)
Initiative +3 Senses Perception +2; low-light vision
HP 53; Bloodied 26
AC 16; Fortitude 15, Reflex 14, Will 12
Speed 5
Battleaxe (standard, at-will) Weapon
+6 vs AC; 1d10+5 damage, or 2d10 + 5 while bloodied.
Bloodied Rage (while bloodied)
While bloodied, the goblin skullcleaver loses the ability to use goblin tactics and can do nothing but attack the nearest enemy, charging when possible.

Kobold Slinger
HP 24; Bloodied 12
AC 13; Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 12;
Speed 6
Dagger (standard; at-will) Weapon
+5 vs. AC; 1d4 + 3 damage.
Sling (standard; at-will) Weapon
Ranged 10/20; +6 vs. AC; 1d6 + 3 damage; see also special shot.
Special Shot
The kobold slinger can fi re special ammunition from its sling. It typically carries 3 rounds of special shot, chosen from the types listed below. A special shot attack that hits deals normal damage and has an additional eff ect depending on its type:
Stinkpot: The target takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls (save ends).
Firepot (Fire): The target takes ongoing 2 fi re damage (save ends).
Gluepot: The target is immobilized (save ends).
Shifty (minor; at-will)
The kobold shifts 1 square.
[/sblock][sblock=Hergunna][sblock=Hergunna ONLY]You spot a hidden enemy at E1, a ranged Kobold.
[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=OOC]Still waiting on Hergunna for surprise round and high init first rounf action (if applicable). But John sent me a message asking for an updated map, so I went through and started processing the actions.

Actions: you guys need to help me out more with your actions blocks. Sometimes, It was hard to determine exactly what your intent was. #116 is probably the closest you guys came to what I would like to see. If you move, tell me through what squares (including on charges). Please name your targets (and a backup incase you think it might be felled by another attack before you get there, but give me details on both then).
[/sblock]
[sblock=renau1g]
1. You are bloodied before you start your standard action. Not sure if that changes your actions.
2. Your attack as stated kills the Warrior, so I assume you're gonna take your interrupt. I thought I'd let you use it.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]a lot to read!

damn pine cone! :)

Dice room...

Hergunna's init = 15
[/sblock]

[sblock=Pit trap]So is Stang down a hole and will need to climb out? Is he in the line of fire, i.e., would he be hit if if that square were in the area of a blast or burst? Is that square an obstacle?[/sblock]

Hergunna, who has mostly been muttering to herself about the pine cone, watches her companions lay into the kobolds. She shakes her head, and gestures in the direction of the bleeding blackblade. A small puff of wind blows from behind the low wall, swirling dirt, but it's a feeble gust, barely ruffling the kobold's scales.

"Hmmph... what is it with this land..." she grumbles. She frowns uncertainly, troubled. The spirits don't seem to want to listen to me here. She clutches the totem around her neck, and gazes over to her right, at the onrushing skull cleaver. Come on... Hergunna concentrates, and again a weak breeze blows around the leaves and makes branches sway, but the kobolds barely feel a chill.

Hmmph... perhaps I haven't introduced myself to the spirits properly. Hergunna's form wavers, then seems to melt. She falls forward onto all fours, her belly shrinking, her face lengthening, and a coat of alabaster hairs sprouting... and in the next moment, the woman is gone, and a lean white wolf stands in her place. She howls - not too loudly, but the trees and leaves and grass in the clearing shake slightly, and the stone beneath echoes and vibrates with the sound. Hello! Pleased to meet you!

The wolf sniffs the air and looks around carefully, wary of additional traps, then surges forward, leaping on top the low wall and snapping with quick, strong jaws at the kobold archer hiding there. There is a crunch and a cry, and Hergunna tosses her head. The archer staggers out into the open.

The white wolf shoots a look at Kane beside it. "Don't you be getting any ideas now about taking this hide, bugbear..." she growls in a rougher, huskier version of Hergunna's human voice. "My 'daft old lady warrior spirit' would just come back to bite your hairy goblin ass!"

[sblock=Actions] Surprise: Chill wind at E2 vs E1, F1: 1D20 + 4 => 5, 1D20 + 4 => 8
Standard: Chill wind at D56. vs fort on D5, E5: 1D20 + 4 => 8, 1D20 + 4 => 8
Minor: Perception check for more traps. 1D20 + 9 => 11 (are you kidding me??? ok let's roll above a 4 please!)
Minor: Wild shape to wolf form
Action point: Charge to F2. Savage rend vs E1: 1D20 + 4 => 21 vs Ref
1D8 + 4 => 8 damage
Finally! Slide the sharpshooter to F0, which I assume unhides him.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hergunna stat block]Hergunna- Female Human Druid 1
Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19
AC:16, Fort:13, Reflex:15, Will:16 -- Speed:7
HP:31/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:9/9
Initiative +3
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers: Fire Hawk, Call of the Beast, Chill Wind, Savage Rend, Wild Shape, Thorn Spray, Summon Pack Wolf, Hunter's Quarry
[/sblock]

Remove ads