• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Path of Cold (DM: Velmont, Judge: Ozymandias79)

Velmont

First Post
OOC: As things have been slow, as I am in a hiatus for a few more days, I've decided to make a few changes to my plan:

1) Your moment of unconsciouness will count as an Extended rest
2) I will award XP soon, so your character can evolve.
3) You will be able to spend credits on your character to raise them in level.

So, XP soon.

Nebten

First Post
OOC: Right now, I'm going to spend 3 DM credits on Dane for him to gain 1752 XP for a total of 16,732. This will make him level 9.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: This been already 10 months...

1) XP Encouter:

Scene 1) Mostly Roleplay, no combat.
Scene 2) You fought a feyborn behemoth
- Feyborn Behemoth: 800 XP
Scene 3) You encounter the villagers, no combat.
Scene 4) You fought the Envoy
- Envoy: 800
- Slayer: 400
- Warrior x4: 1600
Scene 5) The tempest...

Total: 2400 x 2 = 4800

2) Roleplay XP:
I've seen some good roleplaying all around: so an extra 500 XP for each character.

3) Time XP:
For 10 months (June 11th to April 11th)
Raiyek and Dane: 5840 XP
Georg: 6670 XP
Hadrak and Incarnation: 9170 XP

4) Totals:
Dane: 1440 + 500 + 5840 = 7780 XP
Raiyek : 1440 + 500 + 5840 = 7780 XP
Georg : 1440 + 500 + 6670 = 8630 XP
Hadrak : 1440 + 500 + 9170 = 11130 XP
Incarnation: 1440 + 500 + 9170 = 11130 XP

Gold and items will come later in the adventure... but if you spend credits, you gain your gold as usual, but you can`t spend it until the occasion arise in adventure.

For 10 month, I should get 20 DM Credits..

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: That'll likely put both Hadrak and Incarnation over 11 (Incarnation, certainly). We were told to hold off spending DM points to go there...how do you wish to proceed?

Nebten

First Post
OOC: Do we get gold with DM credits? The charter only lists XP. I'll await clarification before putting that on my sheet.

With the XP granted by Velmont, that puts Dane at 10th level.

I will spend 5 more DM credits for an additional 4585 xp for a total 26,037 which puts him at level 11.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: I will allow it, it's been longer than expected, so I won't hold it off anymore. I know [MENTION=79391]Nebten[/MENTION] have some DM credits to spend. He will be able to stay with Hadrak and Incarnation if they also spend some DM credits. I am not sure for [MENTION=57255]Lord Sessadore[/MENTION] have DM credits to keep Raiyek within the group lvl. If the lvl between character grow too high, it might get difficult to have a tough but balanced encounter.

I'll let the final decision to the players and I'll adapt to it.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Unfortunately, I don't have any DM credits. If only I had time to run a game. ;)

That'll put Raiyek about 3/4 of the way through level 10. I'll have him updated shortly. He only needs 1222 more XP to make level 11 ... maybe if we can get another XP award in the near future Raiyek would be able to hit paragon shortly after the rest of you, but if I'm only 1 or 2 levels behind I'm not too broken up about it.

@Velmont , If you're OK with making encounters for the party with that level difference then it's fine by me to wait instead of doing another XP award. Not that there's really much we can do to catch Raiyek up anyway, heh.

Just to refresh everyone's memory (including mine), Raiyek will be going for the Holy Conqueror PP.

[Edit: I just checked what the time XP is for level 10 (which is 917 XP, so one month with a good encounter or two would push Raiyek to level 11), and while I was there I noticed that time XP for level 8 is 584 XP per month. Wouldn't that equal 5840 XP for 10 months? Or am I missing something?]

[Edit 2: So, I'm a dummy and completely missed the fact that the method for submitting for approval had changed, and as such Raiyek has not been approved after the last level up and is at the bottom of the list. This is rather awkward right now, and I have no one to blame but myself. :(][/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
OOC: To everyone: Their have been a mistake in time XP (I think I used the LEB method... anyway), it has been corrected and you have much more XP.

Before spending DM credit, tell me what level you should end.

[MENTION=57255]Lord Sessadore[/MENTION]: please, also tell me how much XP you would need to reach the next level.

Also, for approval, even if you are in a new adventure thread, Path of Cold is the second part of the trilogy started by Path of Light. Upi've stayed wit teh same DM, so up to now, apporval is not needed as you have stayed with me. I think [MENTION=79620]Ozymandias79[/MENTION] can confirm that (and the XP award).

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads