(Adventure) Pest removal at unusual height and depth

silentspace

First Post
Other Guy said:
“I am a student at the academy in Andora, a city to the south a ways,” Loskrad says. “I came here to prove myself to my superiors, so that they would allow me to begin my study of the magical arts early, and what I really desire is some proof of what happened here.

“I took some flakes of mold before I came up and perhaps the wand of reduce person would serve as a nice offering to my school, but someone else can keep it if they’d like. Also,” He looks at Leonard, “if you could simply write a brief description of what happened here and sign it for me I would be very appreciative.”

When Leonard eventually leaves, Loskrad says to the rest of the group. “I don’t really care all that much about the money. 200 gold would be more than enough to get me back home, and once I get back I’ll probably just stay there and study for some time, so you guys can keep the other 800. That’d make an extra 200 for each of you.

“Mintrik, if you’re ever in the area you should visit my city. It’s a beautiful land and I’m sure the academy would have no problem allowing you into the library, though our particular style of magic may not be what you’d be interested in. Perhaps the next time we meet I’ll be casting my own spells. I’d also be happy to take any of you as my guests at some point if you wished.”

(OOC)
Andora is not an official site in Living EN world, just a part of Loskrad’s background and mentioned here for flavor-text. Perhaps some time I’ll flesh it out some more and propose it as an official location, but probably not, ;-)
(/OOC)

"Loskrad, I will surely take you up on that invitation. But right now, how about we head back to the inn and get another drink?"

"But before we go, let's talk about the money for a minute. Are you sure you want to take the wand and just 200? If we sold the wand and split it all evenly, that would be 1,060 gp each. I think you should take your share - you'd be able to buy some nice weapons and armor with it! How better to prove yourself to the school then by improving yourself?"

Mintrik looks around at the others. He hopes he's not upset anyone who might've been looking forward to an extra couple hundred gold from Loskrad's offer, but he wanted to say something about it.

Turning to Leonard and Lothe, Mintrik says "Thank you Leanord, and good luck to you Lothe. Please keep in touch, I'd like to know how Lothe's rehabilitation comes along. I don't have a home right now, but you should always be able to reach me at the inn."

Assuming the issues with the loot get straightened out quickly, Mintrik heads back for a drink, with Loskrad if he's coming, and the others too.

[We level up and update our characters then?]

Pbartender

First Post
Knight Otu said:
With a soft smile, Leonard responds to Jack:
"Indeed, you might find an alchemist without scruples, an antique collector ignorant of the abyssal language, or a book dealer quickly forgetting it. And from there, the book might fall into the wrong hands. To someone who might replicate the darker applications found herein. Yes, I suppose you could sell it for ... 75 gold pieces and a bad conciousness. Or would you rather have that and a good conciousness?"

"You don't think those wrong hands would pay more for it, do you?" Jack retorts with a wink and a much broader smile. "Eh... It's probably more trouble than it's worth, anyway."

"I'll tell you what, Lenny. We're feeling a little under the weather what with all the bites and scratches and poison from the buggers we fought off down there. If you or one of your boys can fix us up a bit, you can keep the book and we'll call it even."

silentspace

First Post
(Knight Otu, how about doing a follow-up adventure for us? Maybe the book reveals the existence of another threat, that Leonard wants us to stop? Perhaps Lothe is related somehow? ;) )

Knight Otu

First Post
"I thought I told them to take care of that. Sigh, sometimes they think that they don't need to respect me when I'm out of sight. Maybe I deserve that. Just one moment, I will be right back."

Indeed, Leonard is back soon with another priest, and they take care of the wounds and the poison. He also adds the 75 gold pieces for Jack to the reward.

(I did think about a follow-up adventure involving Lothé - correcting a DMing mistake on my behalf. Stupid DM! :mad:
But the book might be the source of an adventure, too... ;))

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Gold Divy

Ok, seriously. How much gold are each of the characters getting, as it was never decided about the splitting of the wand and the gold.

Please make a ruling, as I want to update my character....

Knight Otu

First Post
1000 gp is save for each of you. Loskrad seems determined not to take his share, but would like the wand. Adding the 75 gp for the book, that would put each one excepting Loskrad at 1218.75 gp.

So, unless Jack claims the 75 gp for himself or Loskrad changes his mind, that's 1218.75 gp. Unless either of them posts within 24 hours saying something different, it might be best to assume that value.

Remove ads