Adventure: Protection (Mal Malenkirk)

LogicsFate

First Post
Queen steps out and looks around. Addressing the hobgoblins I'm afraid that you are reinforcing a stereotype held by many here that are filled the indescribable urge to kill all the members of your race. Please desist for your own sake and toward the end of not filling them with a terribly unnecessary resolve.

OOC:
Queen, Swarm Druid, Controller/striker I guess, Completely inexperienced in 4e
PC:Queen(LogicsFate) - L4W Wiki
[sblock=Mini stat block]
Queen(unapproved)
Perception: 19 Insight: 14
AC 15 Fortitude 14 Reflex 11 Will 16
Hit Points: 30 / 30 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -4 melee/ranged damage while in beast form.
Saving Throw: +2 vs. Ongoing damage effects, take 10 vs Death.
Action Points: ? Second Wind: ?
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 11 / 11
At-Will Powers: Swarming Locusts, Wild Shape, Grasping Claws, Storm Spike
Encounter Powers: Stinging Cloud,Warforged Resolve
Daily Powers: Fog of Insects

Condition:

[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"...You may not harm him."
"Leave him be,"
"Release him at once"
"It's not just your time that you're wasting here, fools."
I got a gold coin that sais we can finsh this in 3 minutes.
"Hey ugly!"

Mikara shakes her head, "Boys."

[sblock=CB File for Mikara]View attachment Mikara Li Mesadh.dnd4eKeep in mind that her background benefit is not accounted for in the file. [/sblock][sblock=Token for Mikara]
FBarbarian_E.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
The Hobogoblin sneers when he is challenged by Owen but before he can answer he sees another challenger coming from the inn. Then another. An another. And the whole flood. He looks in bewilderment at the small crowd.

-''Are you out of your mind. You want to risk your life just to protect the life of a bartender whose name you probably don't even know. Come to think of it, neither do I...''

The gang still severly outnumber the heroes and start to close ranks.

GM: Hello everybody. That's quite a crowd. It may well be a very short adventure, but it is probably going to be the biggest freaking fight in L4W's history.

GM: My other adventure includes one Dante and now I start a new one that has two... Dante has officially become the most popular name in L4W, overtaking Mikara. Oh look, a Mikara.

:p

GM: I don't have a problem with the number of PCs, the levels or whether they are currently approved or not. I am mildly annoyed at the Thri-Kreen because they haven't been updated in the CB yet but that's it. ;)

GM: Now that I see what I work with, I need to do some prep work. First completing a CB library of every PC, then crunch the number on the total XP weight of the oppostion and tweak it with the composition of the party and perhaps find a bigger urban map. Shouldn't be too long but I can't finish this in one evening and I tend to limit my L4W activities to short updates in wednesday and thursday (one is game night and the other I work very late).

So I am thinking I open hostilities in earnest friday or saturday.

GM: You may want to upload a token for me to use on the map. Try to make it colourful and distinctive because I have a feeling things might get confusing on the map otherwise.

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mikara shouts out from the back of the crowd, "'Course we know his name! Right fellas?....

Fellas?..."

View attachment Summer Crickets Chirping-SoundBible.com-1519333525.mp3

She looks around and realizes that nobody really knows the bartender's name, and, frankly, neither does she, "...Well anyway, it doesn't matter. These guys are pissed and drunk, and you're stealing away the only guy who can give them their beer..."

She trails off to let the gravity of that thought sink into the hobgoblin's tiny medulla oblongata, "So you better put the guy down and back away nice and slow." She hollers from the back of the crowd as she backs away, nice and slow.

Last edited:

rb780nm

First Post
Sound of Stone makes the raspberry sound he learnt from Mikara again. "This is friend Sam. He and friend Woody have served many drinks to friends Norm, Cliff and I"

[sblock=Thrikreen details]Thri-kreen get +2 Dex and Wis, daily claw power, and we're good jumpers[/sblock]

Soundofstone.jpg

[sblock=Quick Stats]Sound of Stone, Thri-kreen Monk 1 Speaks in Lime Italics HP25/25 Temp HP 0 ,

Initiative
+5 AC 17, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 13 AP 1, Surges 8/8 Centered Flurry of Blows, Crane's Wings, Five Storms, Thri-kreen Claws, Open the Gates of Battle, Masterful Spiral,
Special:

Wiki page: PC:SoundofStone (rb780nm) - L4W Wiki

[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Queen steps out and looks around. Addressing the hobgoblins I'm afraid that you are reinforcing a stereotype held by many here that are filled the indescribable urge to kill all the members of your race. Please desist for your own sake and toward the end of not filling them with a terribly unnecessary resolve.

OOC:
Queen, Swarm Druid, Controller/striker I guess, Completely inexperienced in 4e
PC:Queen(LogicsFate) - L4W Wiki
[sblock=Mini stat block]
Queen(unapproved)
Perception: 19 Insight: 14
AC 15 Fortitude 14 Reflex 11 Will 16
Hit Points: 30 / 30 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -4 melee/ranged damage while in beast form.
Saving Throw: +2 vs. Ongoing damage effects, take 10 vs Death.
Action Points: ? Second Wind: ?
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 11 / 11
At-Will Powers: Swarming Locusts, Wild Shape, Grasping Claws, Storm Spike
Encounter Powers: Stinging Cloud,Warforged Resolve
Daily Powers: Fog of Insects

Condition:

[/sblock]

With a broad smile, Gil tips his hat to the construct, Well said my friend, though I doubt these brutes understand the meta-social principles you're applying to our present situation...

Gil stands close to the constantly reforming construct, I'm excited to see what each race can do in combat, I've never even seen some of them, much less witness their irritability. I wonder what fighting styles they employ... I wonder what fighting style you employ. Gil looks very happy to be having so many new and fascinating experiences after just arriving at IAC headquarters. The Hanged Man Inn was an excellent choice of locations for a learning facility, even if it is odd, but magnet schools do what works. He comments offhandedly to Queen.

[sblock=Token for Gil]

wizard-hat.gif

[/sblock]

LogicsFate

First Post
well said my friend, though i doubt these brutes understand the meta-social principles you're applying to our present situation...
i'm excited to see what each race can do in combat, i've never even seen some of them, much less witness their irritability. I wonder what fighting styles they employ... I wonder what fighting style you employ. the hanged man inn was an excellent choice of locations for a learning facility, even if it is odd, but magnet schools do what works.

Queen looks to Gil. Friend...

I'd assume they'd use the weapons they so proudly display. For myself... i have several variation on my natural defenses, please give me and my chosen opponents a wide berth, if it comes to that. It is not easy to control.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mikara slowly turns her head toward Queen, eyes wide in disbelief, "OK, Queenie. I know he said, 'Inevitably,' but don't let that fool you into thinking he's intelligent." she lowers her voice and draws out her syllables, "Speeeeeak sloooowly and uuuuuuse shoooort seeentances."

Remove ads