[Adventure] Race to the Fallen Star (Judge: THB or stonegod)

Luinnar

First Post
"Ship or horses. Ship or horses. That's hard. I mean, if we get horses, then it's a lot more effort on our part. Riding a horse for long periods of time gets painful after a while. And if you get lost, then you're in trouble. And there are monsters that like to eat horses. Plus, ships can sail through the night whereas horses get tired and you have to camp. Going by ship has problems too. You're right out in the open where everyone can see you. You can get attacked by sea monsters or pirates, even air pirates. And then there's sea sickness. A lot of people who rarely travel by ship get sea sick. And it's not fun to fight air pirates when you are sea sick. Too bad Zirial isn't buying us an airship. You can fly over most monsters with an airship.
Or you can use a magical horse, fool! Mythra snaps tired of the halfling's blathering. Does your small mind not comprehend that the arcane can bend the powers of reality to its will?

GM: Mythra does have the Phantom Steed ritual. ;)

renau1g

First Post
OOC: Quick note/reminder, there is no airship available, unless you have one of your own. That's why you're being hired, otherwise they'd just fly themselves (plus they probably wouldn't want to risk another one being brought down).

So I see potentially 3 methods. There may be others. You folks choose by end of weekend and then I'll move forward on Monday. Tomorrow I'm off and this weekend will be busy so nothing until then I expect.

1) Ship
2) Flying Mount
3) Phantom Steed Ritual

OOC: Which is fastest? I don't know how phantoms work, ship will get us partways and flying mounts are not known for their weight bearing and we have one 600lbs (with gear)goliath and another slightly lighter mul

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Of the 3 choices, Ghourra would choose ship.

The problem with Phantom Steeds is that they pop if they take any damage, so that could get expensive.

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: My only question is how far are we going? Phantom steeds lasts 12 hours, so it would likely need more than one casting... unless we are less than 12 hours away.

Maybe we could boat part of the way and phantom steed from the boat? If that is the fastest, than I vote for that.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: Zilspar is a village in the south of Breland which lies 284 miles east of Sharn on the Orien trade road. I assume the PCs can go to the university or somewhere to figure this out before making a decision.

Remove ads