Adventure: Redblade's Riches!! (Ozymandias79 judging!)

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]I've been incredibly slow as a player too so it fits well with me. I've had a great time playing under you so I'd vote for you to stay on. However, I've been in the same position before and if you are feeling that it is a chore for you to make it on and that you are obligated to post rather than having fun with it then don't worry. As Gary says we all understand if you need to step away from DMing for awhile (I have this past year too)[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Dang't sneaks up to the side of the doorframe, hoping Beryk's larger frame and the sound of combat would keep him hidden. But he trips on his way in, making it impossible not have been heard. Peaking his head around, he stabs at the air and sends a bolt of lightning at the serpentine construct, but it slithers out of the way at the last moment. The flash, however, dazzles him, making it impossible to see if the turrets have a control panel.

Beyrk moves a bit closer to the action laughing at the silly toys arrayed against them. "Come on guys we can do this! Pick yourself up Kauldron." His shout forces the cobra back and over the edge of the floor. Kauldron is brought back from the edge, moving behind Beyrk.

Quagmire's armor flares with a soft white glow as he reaches out and touches Kauldron's shoulder. A sickly green miasma seems to flow away from Kauldron and into Quagmire, causing the hobgoblin to shudder briefly. "Not bad, snake. When you're dead, I'll be sure to get a flask of that stuff to put in my drinks. Interesting flavor. Hey Hrav; you gonna let these overgrown pocketwatches do that to ya? You've chased a dragon off; pull yerself together and do what ye do best! Haaaaurgh!" He yells, brandishing his sword and charging recklessly forward, looking for a wounded target to finish off. He hits one of the clay scouts, which starts leaking a gooey fluid.

Hrav is cheered by Quag's reminiscing over good times, and is able to focus enough to use Mutt's presence as a distraction to the mechanical canine to hit it solidly. He can't seem to totally get back into the action, however.

“Attack again I must. Friends have need of Girth.”

The warlock looked and sounded shocked at the way the fight was going but needs must! Picking up the hem of his robe he skipped nimbly through the doorway and over towards the bed, almost disappearing into the shadows as he did so. Then with a casual wave of his hand he started to draw upon his Mistresses power.

“Strange beings these, my Lady but hopes this one that they will be to your satisfaction".

A bolt of eldritch light shot from his rod to strike one of the clay beasts which itself seemed to react strangely although still it took damage and dropped motionless to the ground.

Then with a deep breath Girth delved within himself once more and once more drew upon the darkness of his Mistress. A dark shadow shot out to envelop the iron dog, limning it in a dark nimbus and rendering it inert as it drops to the floor.

The remaining 3 clay figures fly forward to attack. Two of them try to bite at Hrav while he is unable to see them, but even with that advantage they are unable to sink their fangs into him. The third flings a mental bolt at Quagmire, hoping to daze the hobgoblin, but it fails to connect as well.

The iron cobra slithers back up the steps to the top floor and launches a bolt of mental venom at Quagmire, striking true and poisoning the hobgoblins mind with confusion.

The remaining turret reloads and fires its bolt at Quagmire, making it past his defenses but barely scratching him.

Your turn...

attachment.php

[sblock=Die rolls]C1 and C2 biting at Hrav AC19 w/CA due to being invisible to him and C3 atttacking Quagmire Ref15 w/Mind Touch attack (1d20+3+2=11, 1d6=4, 1d20+3+2=12, 1d6=2, 1d20+5=12, 1d6+3=5)
All 3 clay scouts miss.

Poison the mind vs Quagmire Will 17. (1d20+8=23)
Quagmire hit. He is dazed and slowed(save ends both)

Turret 1 w/ CA firing at Quagmire AC20 (1d20+8+2=28, 2d8+3=6)
Hits Quagmire for 6 damage.[/sblock][sblock=Status]Party current/total HP's (future/total hp's), [current/total HS's]; conditions
Hrav: 23/46, [4/8]; Bloodied, dazed (save ends), Clay Scouts are invisible to him while dazed
Quagmire: 35/41, [5/9]; ongoing 5 poison dmg(save ends), Dazed and slowed(save ends both)
Girth: 45/45, [8/10]; gain Concealment TeoNT,
Dang't: 32/32, [3/8];
Beyrk: 35/35, [9/11];
Kauldron: 17/29 (-1/29), [2/12]; Slowed(save ends)

Milestones: 2.5 (2 AP's awarded today)

Enemy current(future)/total HP's/conditions:
Iron Cobra: 10/75; bloodied, marked by Kauldron, subject to Divine Sanction
Iron Defender: 0/47; dying
Clay Scout 1: 31/31;
Clay Scout 2: 24/31;
Clay Scout 3:-8/31; destroyed
Clay Scout 4: 31/31;
Turret 1: 38/38;
Turret 2: -8/38; destroyed[/sblock][sblock=Enemy Stats]Iron Cobra
Medium natural animate (construct, homunculus)
HP 75; Bloodied 37
AC 20; Fortitude 20, Reflex 18, Will 17
Immune disease, poison
Speed 7; see also slithering shift
:bmelee: Bite(standard; at-will) ✦ Poison
+11 vs. AC; 1d8 + 3 damage, and ongoing 5 poison damage (save
ends).
:ranged: Poison the Mind (standard; recharge :3::4::5::6: ) ✦ Psychic
Ranged 10; aff ects only creatures taking ongoing poison damage;
+8 vs. Will; the target is dazed and slowed (save ends both); see
also guard area.

Guard Area
An iron cobra can use its poison the mind power against any
creature in its guarded area (see the “Guard” sidebar), even if
the power hasn’t recharged and even if the target isn’t taking
ongoing poison damage.
Slithering Shift (move; at-will)
The iron cobra shifts 3 squares as a move action.
Alignment Unaligned; Languages —
Skills: Stealth +10
Str 17 (+6) Dex 15 (+5) Wis 13 (+4)
Con 19 (+7) Int 5 (+0) Cha 12 (+4)

Iron Defender
Medium natural animate (construct, homunculus)
Initiative +5 Senses Perception +6; darkvision
HP 47; Bloodied 23
AC 18; Fortitude 16, Reflex 15, Will 13
Immune disease, poison
Speed 6
:bmelee: Bite (standard; at-will)
+8 vs. AC; 1d8 + 3 damage.
:melee: Guard Creature (immediate reaction, when an adjacent enemy
attacks the creature guarded by the iron defender; at-will)
The iron defender makes a bite attack against the enemy (see the
“Guard” sidebar).
Pursue and Attack
When the iron defender makes an opportunity attack, it shifts 1
square before or after the attack.
Alignment: Unaligned; Languages —
Str 16 (+4) Dex 15 (+3) Wis 11 (+1)
Con 15 (+3) Int 5 (–2) Cha 8 (+0)

Clay Scout
Small natural animate (construct, homunculus)
Initiative +7 Senses: Perception +6; darkvision
HP 31; Bloodied 15
AC 16; Fortitude 13, Reflex 14, Will 15
Immune disease, poison
Speed 6, fl y 3 (clumsy)
:bmelee: Bite (standard; at-will) ✦ Poison
+3 vs. AC; 1d6 damage, and the homunculus makes a secondary
attack against the same target. Secondary Attack: +2 vs. Fortitude;
the target is slowed (save ends). See also guard object.
:ranged: Mind Touch (standard; at-will) ✦ Psychic
Ranged 10; +5 vs. Refl ex; 1d6 + 3 psychic damage, and the target
is dazed (save ends); see also guard object.
Guard Object
The clay scout gains a +4 bonus to attack rolls against targets
adjacent to or carrying its guarded object (see the “Guard”
sidebar).
Limited Invisibility ✦ Illusion
The clay scout is invisible to dazed creatures.
Redirect (immediate interrupt, when targeted by a melee or a
ranged attack; at-will)
The clay scout makes an attack against the attacker: +4 vs. Will;
the triggering attack targets a creature adjacent to the clay scout
instead (as chosen by the clay scout).
Alignment Unaligned Languages —
Skills Stealth +8
Str 10 (+1) Dex 15 (+3) Wis 10 (+1)
Con 13 (+2) Int 10 (+1) Cha 16 (+4)

Magic Crossbow Turrets
HP 38; Bloodied 19
AC16, Fort 13, Reflex 13, Will 13
:ranged: Attack: Each crossbow attacks one intruder. It magically distinguishes intruders from natives of the dungeon.
+8 vs. AC (2d8+3 damage)[/sblock]

Attachments

• RR5 Redblades Quarters 4.JPG
    RR5 Redblades Quarters 4.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 228

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Peeking around the corner, Dang't takes stock of the room. Seeing Big Harv in trouble, the goblin gestures excidedly with his dagger, lighting crackling around it. But as he releases it, it bounces off a stray bit of Kauldron's armor at smashes harmlessly into the ceiling. He then looks quickly for the control panel again before ducking behind the doorframe to hide.[sblock=Actions]Pinning Bolt vs CS: Crit fail. Look for turret control panel: 14. Hide: 1d20+7=23. Hidden from all baddies.[/sblock][sblock=Dang't]Dang't—Male Goblin Storm Sorcerer 2
Initiative: +5, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 15, Fort: 13, Reflex: 16, Will: 17 — Speed: 6
Resist: lightning 5, thunder 5
HP: 32/32, Bloodied: 16, Surge: 8, Surges left: 3/8
Action Points: 1/2, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Storm Walk
Lightning Strike

Pinning Bolt
Howling Tempest
Goblin Tactics
Storm Soul
Sneak Attack
Sorcerous Sirocco

Stormbiter Warblade Dagger +1[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Even Quagmire's hobgoblin constitution can't save him from the cobra's venom this time. Staggered and dizzy, he charges the cobra, but his legs won't move quite right, and he stumbles to a halt just out of range. He settles for a swipe at the other crossbow turret, splintering wood and metal with a crunching sound. The impact seems to settle him; his eyes clear and his color darkens to a healthy brownish green.

[sblock=actions]Immediate: hobgoblin resilience to make an immediate save vs. dazed and slowed, fails.
start of turn: 5 poison damage
Standard: charge the other crossbow turret, provoking from one of they clay scouts. 24 vs AC for 11 damage on the charge.

end of turn: saves against the poison and against dazed and slowed: both succeed.
[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Beyrk begins chanting a quick but out of sorts little chant but little Kauldron behind him feels more confident in his ability to avoid injury. Then Beryk raises his longsword and moves in against the nearest clay scout but wifles.

[sblock=ooc]
Actions:
Start:
Standard: canon of avoidance on Kauldron: +2 to all defenses.
Move: move to aa34
Action Point: warsong strike vs. C2 ac (1d20+10=11, 1d8+6=8) = crit fail.
End:

ooc: wish I'd paid attention to my songblade's power. I only have 1 thunder power and I used it last round...

[sblock=stat block]Beyrk Verkunder - Male Hobgoblin Bard 2
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 12, Low-Light Vision
AC: 18, Fort: 15, Reflex: 13, Will: 17 - Speed: 5
HP: 35/35, Bloodied: 17, Surge Value: 8; Surges left: 9/11
Action Points: 0

Powers:
Misdirected Mark
Warsong Strike
Virtue of Valor

Hobgoblin Resilience
Majestic Word 2
Words of Friendship
Shout of Triumph

Slayer's Song
Canon of Avoidance
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

The Digger

First Post
"Is time for finish snake thing, yes?" yelped Girth as he fired off another power at the Iron Cobra. This time he tried to ensure that it stayed where it was and mentally crossed his fingers that his concealment would help protect him from the adjacent clay scout thing.

[sblock=OOC]Dire Radiance at Iron Cobra 24 vs Fort; 6 damage. If Cobra moves towards Girth on its turn it takes another 11 damage!
Probably OA on Girth from C1 but I'll leave that to PH.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC2]I'm off to Scotland for a funeral and then a couple of days holiday. Internet access is likely to be nearly non-existant so can you please NPC me as necesary.
Back by Friday[/sblock]

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
OOC: Hey Beyrk mind editing your post to move into square AA34 instead of shifting into square Z34. That way I can move in and attack with Valorous Strike and mark every creature cause I'm still slowed. If not no worries. I'll come up with something else.

Darksteed

First Post
Yeah there we be. Feeling much better now. Still a little stiff though.

*Kauldron moved up and with a quick prayer light gathered upon his blade as he slams it down hard upon the clumsy clay scout. As the blade connects a massive pulse of divine energy flashes outwards driving the automatons to attack Kauldron.*

That's it. I'm still around. Need more then what happened in round one to finish this old bucket of bolts off.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Move to Z34
Standard: Valorous Smite vs. C2
-Attack: +8 vs. AC (22; Hit)
-Damage: 12
-Effect: All enemies within 3 of Kauldron are subject to Divine Sanction until the end of next turn. (C1, C2, C4, IC, T1 are all subjected to Kauldron's Divine Sanction)

Divine Sanction:
-Effect: Creatures are Marked by Kauldron, if a creature attacks someone other then Kauldron they take a -2 penalty to attack rolls and will take 7 radiant damage.

Save vs. Slow: 15 (Succeed)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Kauldron]Kauldron- Male Goblin Paladin 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:20, Fort:14, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:5
HP:16/29, Temp HP:5
Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:2/12
Powers-
Divine Challenge
Enfeebling Strike
Goblin Tactics
Virtuous Strike

Action Point [X]
Channel Divinity [X]
Javelin [ ] [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Valorous Smite [X]

Lay on Hands [X]
Majestic Halo [X]
Symbol of Brawn [X]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Hrav pauses to catch his breath, and finally manages to just barely clears his head.

[sblock=Mechanics]Standard action - Second Wind.

End of turn - Save against Dazed.

Save vs Dazed (1d20=10)

Success![/sblock]

[sblock=Hrav's Info]Hrav Kortaga - Male Bugbear Rogue (Fighter) 5
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 18, Low-Light Vision
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 19, Will: 14 - Speed: 6
HP: 35/46, Bloodied: 23, Surge Value: 12, Surges left: 2/8
Action Points: 1
Resists: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison

Powers:
Clever Strike
Piercing Strike

Nasty Backswing
Predatory Eye
Second Wind (Item: May use two surges when bloodied)
Student of the Sword +1 and Mark
Torturous Strike
Tumble

Downward Spiral
Handspring Assault

Acidic Rapier Ranged Attack (Encounter)
Acidic Rapier Ongoing Damage (Daily)
Deathcut Leather Armor (Daily)
Potion of Healing x1

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Remove ads