• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Adventure Satisfaction Poll

Of the adventures that you have run, did you enjoy doing so?

• Ran and enjoyed Tyranny of Dragons

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Ran and did not enjoy Tyranny of Dragons

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Ran and enjoyed Princes of the Apocalypse

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Ran and did not enjoy Princes of the Apocalypse

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Ran and enjoyed Out of the Abyss

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Ran and did not enjoy Out of the Abyss

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ran and enjoyed Curse of Strahd

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Ran and did not enjoy Curse of Strahd

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Ran and enjoyed Storm King's Thunder

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Ran and did not enjoy Storm King's Thunder

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Ran and enjoyed Tales from the Yawning Portal

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Ran and did not enjoy Tales from the Yawning Portal

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Ran and enjoyed Tomb of Annihilation

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Ran and did not enjoy Tomb of Annihilation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .
Hey all,

So I got to wondering... we talk a lot about the adventures here, but I'm not sure that we've ever quantified whether people liked them. With Tomb of Annihilation now sinking into the background a little, now seems a good time to try and do that.

The above poll is simple: for each adventure that you've run, say whether you liked it, or didn't. To avoid questions over how much of an adventure you'd have to play for it to count, I suggest that if you ran at least a single session then you can feel free to vote.

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
I ran Death House as a one-shot, so that counts for Curse of Strahd. It was fun. I also ran the first couple chapters of Hoard of the Dragon Queen. That was also fun. I played in both, too, with the same result.

Honestly though, you could run an income tax audit with my group and it would be hilarious and fun.

I've run Princes of the Apocalypse, Out of the Abyss, and I'm currently running Storm King's Thunder.

Enjoyed both PotA (I liked the sandbox and old-school ToEE feel), and OotA (but less so than PotA (there was a lot about it I liked, but the last half felt rushed)).

For SKT, I ran two of the modules in Tales from the Yawning Portal as the start (both GREAT fun), but didn't think I was going to enjoy SKT as much as I am. I don't think it has a great story, but the group I'm running through it are a blast; they are making the adventure a lot more fun to run than I anticipated.

I read Hoard and Rise of Tiamat and was really unimpressed with the story and structure of both. I'm currently reading ToA and am actually really looking forward to running it soon.

Sacrosanct

Legend
There were things i adjusted or modified to fit what I wanted*, but overall, everything I've ran we enjoyed.

*for example, in SKT, I didn't like the rapid rise from level 1 to 5, so I added Horror On The Hill module right onto the village encounter and tied them together. Or in ToA, I changed the exhaustion and random encounter rules to fit what I felt was better and easier.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
Enjoy is perhaps too limited a measure? I think we can all find things to enjoy about almost every adventure. :)

Early days yet, but the current results seem to bear this out...

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
For those noting that they didn't enjoy a particular adventure it would be interesting to know what drove you to check that box...

Especially for some of the more recent adventures.

Croesus

Adventurer
Enjoy is perhaps too limited a measure? I think we can all find things to enjoy about almost every adventure. :)

Early days yet, but the current results seem to bear this out...

Agreed. I voted "enjoyed" running Princes, but if I were rating the adventure, I'd probably give it only 3 out of 5 stars. The module has some good stuff in it and my group had a good time during most of it. But it also has some real flaws that I had to overcome. By the end of the adventure, over half the material I was using was not from the module.

BTW, curious if the OP will post a poll asking the same question for those who played a particular module. Just wondering if the results would be similarly positive or if we'd see more negative votes. (I'd definitely vote negative on the module I'm currently a player in.)

Remove ads