• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Search for the Shadfly Tapestry

Yarik

Explorer
Wizard's of the Coast makes some pretty spectacular adventures for their 4th edition product. Their delve format is intuitive and makes the DM's job much easier when it comes to running an encounter. I've always enjoyed the included poster maps, too, but unfortunately the maps usually on cover a few encounters. Also, WotC's adventures typically span a few levels of play, which makes them a little long if you only play once a month, as my group does.

I thought it might be nice to have some adventures that include all the maps you need to run an adventure. As such, I've been creating some shorter modules called Turnkey Adventures. I'm no artist, so don't expect the maps and art to be professional quality. They are however passable for table play. The Turnkey philosophy is as follows.

What is a Turnkey Adventure? Simply put, it’s an adventure that provides you with as much upfront information as possible for running a 4th edition DUNGEONS & DRAGONS game. Each Turnkey Adventure features an easy-to-use, descriptive layout, corresponding battle maps, and tokens to represent both PCs and monsters. All of this drastically reduces the time needed to prepare for a gaming session.

By design, Turnkey Adventures are simplistic, requiring less of a commitment on the game master’s behalf. Each adventure typically encompasses one or two evenings of play and advances a player character somewhere between one-half and a full level.

With Turnkey Adventures you spend less time preparing and more time playing!

I should mention at this time that Turnkey Adventures are combat intensive dungeon crawls. If you're a person who enjoys plenty of non-combat role-playing opportunities, these adventures are not for you. If however, you're a DM looking for a simple dungeon crawl to drop into your existing campaign, they should suffice. Enjoy!

SwordFin Games - Turnkey Adventures

Remove ads