• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Acrobatics]Only trained folks can use it to reduce damage.[/sblock]Haltor and White-Eye stand, the former drawing his Talenta weapon to shield the latter. Kill them all but the leader. She will have to live with her failure.[sblock=OOC]When White-Eye is knocked prone, Haltor ends up in an adjacent square (no longer mounted); say L11. Both will stand, Haltor drawing his sharash.

Damn, I used a lot of surges in that last battle.[/sblock][sblock=Haltor]Haltor—Male Halfling Warlord 5
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 14, Will: 16 — Speed: 5
HP: 32/42, Bloodied: 21, Surge: 10, Surges left: 2/7
Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Brash Assault
Wolf Pact Tactics

Diabolic Stratagem
Flattening Charge

Lead by Example
Stand the Fallen

Inspiring Word x2
Second Chance
Rub Some Dirt On It

Dwarven Chainmail +1

White Eye—Female Clawfoot 3
Initiative: +8, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 19, Fort: 16, Reflex: 16, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 36/46, Bloodied: 23; 0/1 HS

Haltor[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=curse] I forgot to roll curse damage for H2 (assuming I hit with a 24): 1d6 → [3] = (3). Roll Lookup So he takes 16 damage total. Also, the Eyes of the Vestige allows the curse to affect a second target within three squares of the target (and LOS by target). So V1 will also be cursed.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Deimos Vrago, Tiefling Wizard (Mage)

Deimos lands on his feet, awakening the flame on his staff to life. "Nice trick, but I like it with a bit more 'bang'." He says as a fiery sphere comes into being, burning two of the hobgoblins.

[sblock=OOC]
Initiative (1d20+3=16)

Free: all damage becomes fire damage
Move: to 11 M if needed for LOE/S
Standard: Flaming sphere at 8F (hit D1, hit h2, damage) (1d20+9=10, 1d20+9=28, 2d6+8=14)
Flaming sphere auto damage (1d4+8=11)
Minor: sustain Flaming sphere

My second character. Needs 2nd approval.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Deimos Vrago
Perception: 13 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 36 / 36 Bloodied: 18
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: fire 6
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0
Healing Surge:9 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Flaming Staff, Magic Missle, Freezing Burst, Beguiling Strands
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Charm of Misplaced Wrath, Color Spray, Shield
Daily Powers: Flaming Sphere, Extra fire damage

Condition:

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

ShadRS

First Post
Talos gets to his feet and growls, "Why is it no one ever wants to talk these things out?" He then readies his hammer as he walks forward.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Stand Up
Standard: Move to V8.
Minor: Nothing.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]As an FYI I won't be able to get near a computer for the next two days.[/sblock]

[sblock=Talos]Talos—Male Minotaur Fighter 4
Initiative: +3, Passive Insight: 15, Passive Perception: 17
AC: 20, Fort: 19, Reflex: 14, Will: 16 — Speed: 5
HP: 49/49, Bloodied: 24, Surge: 12, Surges left: 13/13
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Knockdown Assault
Brash Strike
Pass Forward

Goring Charge
Bellringer
Bull Charge

Knee Breaker

http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:PC:Talos[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Just waiting on me. I got back to work yesterday. Just getting caught up as apparently other people didn't take vacations. Likely this afternoon. It does suck that I had an update on Monday and the site locked up for maintenance and like an idiot I didn't save the post :([/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Tock rushes forward, the hobgoblin parries his attack though.

Braddock's mental assault leaves on hobgoblin writhing on the ground in pain.

Haltor and White-Eye stand up and prepare for battle.

The mage casts a spell that the hobgoblin dodges, but the ball of fire remains.

Talos moves up.

The hobgoblin's look to swarm Tock, but the human manages to parry most of their own counter attacks. Another misses the halfling.

The bugbear's move up, their chains whirling around and sending Gark, White-eye, and Braddock to the floor.

The hobgoblin next to the sphere is singed, but moves forward, singing an off-key note, but Deimos manages to keep his footing. Unperturbed, the singers continues his performance and all in the area but Deimos are affected by the words.

Valsath calls out to the group surrounding Tock, "Get him, what am I paying you for? The one that drops him gets a 50 gold bonus" she barks and one of the group cash in on the bounty, stabbing Tock in the arm.

She charges forward and slashes Deimos with her scimitar.

[sblock=ooc]
Tock misses

Braddock hits and kills H2, triggering the curse boon right?

Deimos attack misses D 1
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]
h1 - (drop bow, free, draw sword) - charge Haltor - charge vs haltorac (1d20+12+1=17) miss
h3 - shifts, attacks Tock (drop bow, free, draw sword) - vs tock ac (1d20+12=16) (forgot +2 for flank) - miss
h4 - attacks Tock (drop bow, free, draw sword) - vs tock ac (1d20+12+2=20) hits for 7 & Marked TENT
h5 - (drop bow, free, draw sword) moves to Q4, charges Tock - charge vs tock ac (1d20+12+1=19) wow...sucky rolls
h6 - (drop bow, free, draw sword) moves to R3, charges Tock - charge vs tock ac (1d20+12+1=15) wow....just wow...these hobbos deserve to die. Please oblige them.

B1: Moves and charges Braddock - vs fort (braddock); dmg (1d20+10=28, 2d6+4=8) hits fro 8 and knocked prone
B2: moves to K12, uses Flail Assault - vs ref (deimos, haltor, white-eye, gark) (1d20+9=14, 1d20+9=12, 1d20+9=21, 1d20+9=15) holy ****, ok so hits White-Eye and Gark for dmg (2d6=8) & knocked prone (well Gark's still prone)

D1: moves to I10, Minor: Slip-up on Deimos - vs will (deimos) (1d20+8=16) miss. Standard: Befuddling Burst - vs will (deimos, haltor, white-eye, gark, braddock) (1d20+8=12, 1d20+8=22, 1d20+8=27, 1d20+8=26, 1d20+8=19) misses Deimos, hits the others. dmg (1d8+5=11) & cannot shift or stand up (save ends).

V1: moves to M6. Minor: Inspire bravery - h3 attacks Tock - vs ac (tock) (1d20+12+2=31) hits for 7. Charges Deimos - vs ac (Deimos) (1d20+12+1=26, 1d8+7=11) hits for 11
[/sblock]

[sblock=Unlocked Stats]
V: ?? AC; ??/??/?? F/R/W
h: 23 AC (25 if adjacent to another hob); ??/??/18 F/R/W
B: ?? AC; ??/??/?? F/R/W
D: ?? AC; ??/18/?? F/R/W
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
V1: uninjured, cursed (Braddock)
B1: uninjured
B2: uninjured, used Flail Assault
D1: -11 hp
h1-6: uninjured

Gark: 22/48; 4/9 surges, bloodied, prone, cannot shift or stand up (save ends).
Haltor: 24/42; 2/7 surges, cannot shift or stand up (save ends).
White-Eye: 20/46; 1 HS used, prone, cannot shift or stand up (save ends).
Braddock: 21/37, prone, cannot shift or stand up (save ends).
Deimos: 25/36, used Flaming Sphere
Mal: 27/37, prone
Tock: 28/42, marked h4 TENT
Talos: 39/49,

Init:
init (gark, haltor, Braddock, Deimos, Mal, Tock, Talos, hobbos( (1d20+4=6, 1d20+6=16, 1d20+3=21, 1d20+3=17, 1d20+3=6, 1d20+7=13, 1d20+3=10, 1d20+8=10)

Ok, so Haltor, Braddock, Deimos, Talos and Tock are up. (forgot +2 for init for Combat Leader)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Features of Area]
Pits: These pits were once used to dispose of refuse. They are 20 feet deep (DC 20 Athletics to climb)

Steel Drums: These drums are low (4-foot) obstacles that hold old alchemical reagents and hinder ground movement. A creature can hop atop one as part of a move action with a successful DC 10 Athletics check, treating the square as difficult terrain. A creature can instead use an entire move action to clamber atop one without a check. Otherwise, a steel drum blocks movement into its square.

Arcane Machinery: The machinery is blocking terrain. Each piece of machinery is about 10 feet high
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Cannith.jpg
    Cannith.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 76

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] renau1g, does Braddock get a saving throw versus being knocked prone from dwarven racial Stand Your Ground? Also, is Haltor in H11? [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Deimos Vrago, Tiefling Wizard (Mage)

Deimos steps aside and erupts - fire that burns the body and might tries to push away nearly all enemies around him: "Give ... me ... some ... ROOM!"

[sblock=OOC]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2812839/

Free: Infernal Wrath (1d6+5=6) vs V1
Free: all damage becomes fire damage
Move: shift to to 10N
Standard:Beguiling Strands (D1, V1, h1, B2) (1d20+9=19, 1d20+9=26, 1d20+9=21, 1d20+9=11), 5 fire damage on hit and pushed 5 sq north (up on the map)
Minor: sustain Flaming sphere

My second character. Needs 2nd approval.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Deimos Vrago
Perception: 13 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 25 / 36 Bloodied: 18
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: fire 6
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0
Healing Surge:9 Surges per day: 8 / 8