[Adventure] The Darkest Night (DM: johnmeier1, Judge: Ozymandias79)

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=KenHood] I think that Tonk has some movement left, since the Athletics checks are part of your move action... if you double move that would give you 12 squares divided by 2 is 6 squares... swim 4 and climb 2. Tonk can be at I0 at the end of your turn (if you want to)
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=Play On] Shorrin, Saraz, and Dextyr are up. Yellow area is Light spell, blue area is Song of Courage. Blue circle is prone, red halo is bloodied. Check out the nice icons for Saraz and Tonk and Murphy... does anyone else have images?

renau1g posted a link to the backup character information if you need access to your sheet.[/sblock]

[sblock=updated map]
attachment.php

[/sblock]

Attachments

• pirate4.jpg
    pirate4.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

DMDanW

First Post
Dextyr takes a deep breath and regains some composure. He then stands up and looks at the situation in front of him. Sensing that he and his allies are being hard pressed he beings singing an old Imperial battle hymn to lift their spirits.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Standard = Second wind
Move = Stand up
Minor = Song of Courage; zone 5, allies get a +1 to attack rolls
[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Saraz panics at being attacked by the hobgoblin, she pushes her consiousness into the mind of the creature finding it's memory and vision areas tearing out his senses of her.

[sblock=Actions]

Move: Stand
Standard: Dishearten (Augment 1) (1d20+8=19, 1d6+7=12) if 19 hit's Hobgoblin 3's will, then 12 damage and Saraz is invisable to Hobgoblin 3 till the end of her next turn.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Saraz stat block]Saraz bint Farad bint Aquilah- Female Human Psion 5
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 17
AC:17, Fort:13, Ref:17, Will:19 -- Speed: 6
HP:38, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges Per-Day 6/6
Initiative +0 Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Power Points: 1/4
Powers:
Mind Thrust
Memory Hole
Dishearten
Betrayal

Distract Distract
Send Thoughts Send Thoughts

Ravening Thought
Telekinetic Lift
Crisis of Identity

Crystal Orb of Unfailing Concentration +1(Enc)
Flowform Cloth +1(Enc)
[/sblock]

changer

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
don't forget Janus cast light on in the first round.

I Cast Light on M3: The light fills the target’s square
and all squares within 4 squares of it.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] Thanks changer, fixed the map. If OnlytheStrong doesn't post in the next few hours I will have Shorrin stand up and whack a hobgoblin. Probably with Tide of Iron so he can move away from the edge.[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Shorrin let's out a hiss as he slowly rises to his feet. He lashes out quickly, smashing his warhammer into the hobgoblin. Unwilling to let the creature regain his composure, he follows his blow with an overwhelming smash from his shield.

[sblock=Mechanics]

Move: Stand

Standard: Tide of Iron against the nearest hobgoblin.
1d20+9=25 vs AC, 1d10+5=7

Shorrin will shift into the space the hobgoblin previously occupied.

Free: Shield Slam 1d20+7=24 vs. Fort

Shield slam pushes the target 1 square and knocks it prone.
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Shorrin knocks the creature to the ground and sends it across the deck. The hobgoblin on the ground before Murphy holds his head in pain. It stands and looks around for Saraz, shifting away from Murphy. The other standing soldier shouts to it in goblin and it turns and charges Shorrin missing widely. Murphy takes a shot at the back of the creature with his dagger .

The soldier who shouted takes a swing at the fighter right after and scores a critical blow with its fail, drawing Shorrin's attention and constricting his movement. Two of the robed hobgoblins move up to Shorrin and he blocks both of their staff attacks.

The final robed hobgoblin moves forward and waves his staff in an arc. Force ripples out catching all the others on board. It wounds all but throws Tonk and Murphy to the floor and sends Janus's dragonling over the side and down into the water. The last hobgoblin warrior stands up and charges Murphy, tangling up the assassin in its flail.

[sblock=mechanics] H3 stands up from prone, charges Shorrin missing provoking from Murphy who misses
H5 shifts and hits (CRIT) Shorrin for 14 damage and he is slowed and marked by H5
W1 and W3 move up to Shorrin and miss with their shock staffs
W2 moves to M5 and uses Force Pulse to attack everyone except Shorrin
1d20+7=12 Miss (Dextyr Reflex)
1d20+7=25 Hit (Tonk Reflex) for 11 damage and push in water? 1d20=16 saves
1d20+7=11 Miss (Janus Reflex) for 5 damage
1d20+7=24 Hit (Dragon Reflex) for 11 damage and push 1 to J-1 and knocked prone... and killed
1d20+7=13 Miss (Saraz Reflex) for 5 damage
1d20+7=26 Hit (Murphy Reflex) for 11 damage and push 1 to I3 and knocked prone
2d8+4=11 damage
H3 stands up and charges Murphy, hits for 5 damage and he is slowed and marked by H3

I didn't attack the familiar with bursts in the previous rounds, but he should be in the effect so he is a target. This time he bought it...
[/sblock]

[sblock=status]
Murphy I3 29/25 AP 1 Sword in I4, prone, slow and marked by H2
Janus H2 15/34 AP 1 bloodied (Dragon J-1, in water)
Tonk I0 15/44 0thp AP 0 bloodied, prone
Dextyr H0 22/43 AP 0 Burst 5 allies +1 to attack
Saraz J1 15/38 AP 1 PP -3 bloodied, invisible to H3
Shorrin N1 8/50 AP 1 bloodied, slowed, marked by H5
Hobgoblin S2 J3 -27 bloodied, marked by Shorrin
Hobgoblin S3 M2 -34 bloodied
Hobgoblin S5 N3 -19
Hobgoblin W1 O2 -8
Hobgoblin W2 O6 -18
Hobgoblin W3 N2
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]