• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Mine-Militia Identity. (DM: horticulture; Judge: covaithe)

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
"'member," the dwarf states, "get 'em with about...10 feet of them crates and holler out for me to blow it. Cover yer ears and me and mine'll do the rest."

Coppernight goes silent for a second, mumbling under his breath. "Should be a might long tunnel ahead of you, probably 'bout 300 feet or so before you get to where we're holed up. You'll find them duergar there. I can still hear them banging away at the caved in tunnel so ya'll best be in a hurry."

twilsemail

First Post
Felix nods and fetches the torch from his pack. He holds that in one hand and his heavy-bladed sword in the other. Silent as a church mouse, he opens the door and peeks inside. Assuming there's no axe to the face, he says quietly to Drew. "I'll be behind you. Maybe ten paces or so."

OOC: Felix will stay about 4 squares behind Drew as he moves down the corridor. More if Drew signals for him to hold back.

Someone

Adventurer
Code:
*LET'S MOVE*

Prime draws hammer and readies shield as he positions himself just ahead of Felix.

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: I know I ask this a lot , but did we take a short rest after the skill challenge (so Sharpe can use Knack for Success again)? :)

Also, since it looks like a big battle coming up, can Sharpe use Inspiring Fortitude now and grant THP for the next battle (I think THP lasts until the end of the encounter, so I don't know if you prefer I use it when we engage in battle or not).

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
Torchlight flickering wanely, the adventurers slowly make their way through the rough hewn tunnel described by Coppernight. At first, it seems this tunnel was dug haphazardly, weaving back and forth and even doubling back upon itself at one point. On closer inspection, however, it's apparent that it was dug to follow a vein of some silvery metal, barely the width of a finger at some points and wider than a dwarven fist in others.

More importantly, the torches lining the walls of the tunnel have been extinguished by someone; the only light the group can see by is the torch that Felix is carrying. The area is front of Drew is completely dark and foreboding.

[sblock=Perception 15]The low murmur of someone chanting is barely perceptible further down the tunnel. It is apparently coming from the room Coppernight mentioned they were trapped in.[sblock=Arcana or Religion 8 (if Perception check was successful)]The droning chant appears to be some kind of ritual being performed.[/sblock][/sblock]

GM: I'll consider the group having taken a short rest (so if anyone wanted to spend healing surges, feel free).

As for Sharpe's Inspiring Fortitude: since the power doesn't specifically state that the THP last beyond their normal duration (until the end of an encounter) you'll have to use it while in combat for it to have any affect.

Drew slinks into the darkness, but is careful to always be at the edge of it's meager light.

OOC: Well, hopefully I got low rolls out of my system...

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads