• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: The Power of Knowledge (DM: Fragsie, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Fragsie

Explorer
Ceryx steps forward and checks the motionless girl over. The child is thin, and while her muscles could be considered wasted, the deva does not think that this is anything unnatural; the girl is undernourished and dirty, probably a street orphan. The waking sleep however seems very unnatural, the child's pulse, breathing and autonomic reactions are all greatly reduced. All of her bodies functions seem to have slowed to a snails pace, she may even be aware of what is going on around her, her body simply does not have the energy to respond.

Fragsie

Explorer
Both of the human girls are of comparable age, you would estimate them to be between ten and twelve years old and about four and a half feet in height. Their clothes are dirty, ragged and torn. The weeping girl has long tangled blonde hair, and the afflicted girl has equally messy short brown hair.

JRYoung

First Post
"Check for the runesss, my friend" requests Skalisss as he approaches to within 5 feet of the girls.

OOC: bonus points for the Baulder's Gate reference!

Fragsie

Explorer
Closer inspection reveals a brand of a rune on the back of Lil's neck, under her hair. The rune is different to what you have seen, but seems to be of the same script as the one seen on the four minotaurs.

Growl can detect nothing suspicious or dishonest about the crying girl's pleas or accounts.

JRYoung

First Post
Skalisss turns his back on the girls so they do not see his face contort in anger!

Through his clenched dagger-like teeth he whipers "They will pay thisss, Lord Netari, I ssswear to you, they will pay....".

Tomalak

First Post
Quietly turning to his nearby companions, Andrec says "We cannot protect the girl and set a trap for our enemies at the same time. Still, I do not like leaving them. Shall we split up? I and one other to get the girls somewhere safe, the rest to set an ambush, what do you think?"

JRYoung

First Post
Quietly turning to his nearby companions, Andrec says "We cannot protect the girl and set a trap for our enemies at the same time. Still, I do not like leaving them. Shall we split up? I and one other to get the girls somewhere safe, the rest to set an ambush, what do you think?"

Skalisss composes himself and responds. "Sssplitting up will put ambushersss at risssk ssshould they come to the temple in force. The only one that can obssserve undetected isss Mikara. Ssshe could ssscout the Temple until we arrive, allowing usss to sssee the girlsss to sssaftey. How about that for a plan?"

Tomalak

First Post
"You seemed quite capable as a group without me before. I volunteer to get the children to safety. I'm not sure I like leaving just one person at the shrine. After all, she can't take them all alone, and if they do show up, she'd have to choose between waiting for us and tailing them. But timing is key; whatever we do, we must do it now. I will accept Skaliss' plan if it is what the group decides. What say you all?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads