• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Predicament of Mr. Gimo Tine [Judge:?]

RedBeardJim

First Post
Mikara probes one of the beasts with the end of her bow, lifting an eyebrow to Morvannon inquisitively, "I see that the other side of your family hasn't gotten any prettier,"

*is she talking about me?*

*I honestly don't know what she's talking about*

*as long as she's not comparing me to those things*

*Oh? Not enough tentacles for you?*

*not by a longshot*

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Grakk pauses after looking at the new arrival. I am Grakk. I've been on many adventures with Morvannon. I'd fight to the death for him. If you are an ally of Morvannon, then you are an ally of mine....Grakk then extends his hand to Mikara, expecting Mikara to extend her hand as well.
"Ally is such a strong word...let's just say he was the only one in the group that didn't get on my nerves...probably because he was too busy getting on his own." Mikara looks at Grakk's extended hand and naively reaches into her tunic to produce a cleansing rag (which itself is more than partially bloodsoaked), "Oh. I'm sorry. Here, this ought to clean that up. If you've got any ale on you, you might want to pour some on the wound," she turns to Morvannon and shrugs.
OOC: Heal: 1d20+5=24

Voda Vosa

First Post
Jarel discovers that there are glyphs similar to the ones on the secret door, back on the pottery street.
Mikara's keen eyes catch a small fissure in the door frame, perhaps a weak point?

[sblock=Open the door!]

Mikara allows an Athletics skill to be used.

Welcome to our Skill challenge number 3! Open the damn door!

Main skills: Arcana, ,Dungeoneering, [Athletics], insight. DC: 15. 8 Yay!s, before 3 D'oh!s

So Far:
2 Yay!s
2 D'oh!s
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
"Ally is such a strong word...let's just say he was the only one in the group that didn't get on my nerves...probably because he was too busy getting on his own." Mikara looks at Grakk's extended hand and naively reaches into her tunic to produce a cleansing rag (which itself is more than partially bloodsoaked), "Oh. I'm sorry. Here, this ought to clean that up. If you've got any ale on you, you might want to pour some on the wound," she turns to Morvannon and shrugs.
OOC: Heal: 1d20+5=24

The barbarian gives Mikara a confused look. No heal needed...just handshake. I realize now that others are not familiar with barbarian customs. He then grips Mikara hand (which is still holding the tissue) covering it with his massive bloodied hand. Letting go, Grakk's blood now covers Mikara's hand and towel. Statisfied, Grakk states The bond is complete. I will fight to the death for you as well. He then pulls his hand back and turns to see Jarel having success with the door, and joins in to help. When Jarel moves out of the way the barbarain leaps high into the air an smashes into the point of weakness on the door.

ooc: 1d20+10= 19

RedBeardJim

First Post
"Ally is such a strong word...let's just say he was the only one in the group that didn't get on my nerves...probably because he was too busy getting on his own."

"It was an.....interesting collection of personalities, certainly. And that was just that one dwarf."

Looking at the door once again, Morvannon narrows his eyes. "You know...the people we've been tracking down, they seem fond of traps and misdirections. I wonder if this is even an actual door."

[sblock=Skill check]Insight check (+10): 20.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Jarel and Grakk break a side of the door frame. Morvannon intuited that the door was indeed a door, made of solid steel. However now there was a breach, someone could try the handle from the other side. He was sure the magical protection were broken when the breach broke the glyphs.

[sblock=Open the door!]

Morvannon allows a tough thievery check to automatically win the challenge.

Main skills: Arcana, Dungeoneering with DC: 15, and Athletics with DC: 18 now .

Thievery DC: 20

8 Yay!s, before 3 D'oh!s

So Far:
5 Yay!s
2 D'oh!s
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
The muscular biceps exhibited by the men seem to be sufficient to crack the door open, but only Mikara's lithe arms are small enough to take advantage of the breach. Her hands grab the handle, and the door swings open, "Now we'll see what yolk this egg has for us. Shall we?"

OOC: Thievery: 1d20+7=27 Nat 20! Woot!

Voda Vosa

First Post
As the door swings open, strong scents come from within, carried away on an air current. The group enters a short corridor that leads to a big central chamber, apparently empty. It has two rooms, one at each side, connected to the central chamber by a doorless frame. Cautiously, the group approaches one of them, and find it's filled with flasks and scrolls, several alchemical reagents, other laboratory apparatus and other, more weird things. Morvannon and Jarel examine the flasks and scrolls and find two vials of the explosive reagent used to cover the escape of the murderer. The orange fluid dances in the vial as the half elf shakes it a bit. Meanwhile, the rest goes reading the labels of the flasks, and find alchemical physical enhancers: Super strength, Super endurance, Super agility... there are a lot of flasks....
The other room appears to be empty, except for one lone chair in the centre. But in a careful examination, the heroes find a lose tile on the floor. Upon lifting it, they see the murder weapon! A wicked looking dagger, barbed and filled with a strange magical energy.

ou have 19 hours before execution. New stuff underlined.

[sblock=Places to go you actually know of]
-Secret chamber on the sewers[Current Location]
-Sewers[1 hour walking]
-Tavern[3 hour walking,3 hour returning]
-Mr Tine House[3 hours walking, 3 hours returning]
-The Clay pits [4 hours walking, 4 hours returning]
-Mr. Simpletown establishment[3 hour walking, 3 hour returning]
-Addressless door[3 hours walking, 3 hours returning]
-City watch[1 hours walking, 1 hours returning]
-Crime scene [2 hours walking, 2 hours returning]
-City watch[1 hours walking, 1 hours returning]
[/sblock]
[sblock=Important NPCs]
Mr. Simpletown
Mrs Tine
Mr Tine
Mr Raspyhand
Simpletown's foreman
Watch's Captain
Dwarf
[/sblock]

[sblock=Current Evidence]
-Flasks with the explosive reagents
-Murder weapon
-Physical enhancers

-A bag with 100gp used to bribe Mr Raspyhand.
-A box with a broke flask.
-Shatered pieces of glass with orange liquied
-Schematics of somewhere
-A code: 5409385
-An address (Of the sewers)
-A necklace with an eye sculpted on it.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Current clues]
-You found the murder weapon, and a laboratory that was used to prepare the explosive liquid found in the crime scene
-You found physical enhancers in the secret lab

-You found a code on a public place schematic, perhaps its a password of sorts.
-Gimo smells lie rotten water
-The dwarf at the strange door had weird eyes.
-Gimo's shovel is missing (Not in wagon, clay stablishment, nor watch)
-Gimo appeared to know nothing of what happened
-Several witnesses recognized him
-Mr Simpletown and Mrs Tine are certain Gimo is innocent
-Gimo's memory gape happened in the backstore of Mr Raspyhand
-Mr Raspyhand was bribed by someone to send Gimo to the addressless door next to his pottery.
-There is a password that the group needs in order to enter the addressless door. They could also attempt to bash in. Apparently there's a magical ward from the other side that makes trespassing the door almost impossible.
-The house was full of warriors with intentions of silencing anyone who intruded.
-There are hand prints of mud on the walls of the Sewers

[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mikara looks from the dagger, to the reagents, to the rest of the party, and back to the door through which they came, "Would somebody mind filling me in on what's going on here? The fogies back at the Hanged Man just hired me to find you and report back to them that you are alive and continuing your jobs," She shrugs toward Morvannon, "They were kind of light on details.

"In any case," she continues, "I'm not exactly going to leave you hanging here. It just wouldn't be right."

Remove ads