[Adventure] The Predicament of Mr. Gimo Tine [Judge:?]

Voda Vosa

First Post
The last piece of evidence that tied all the other information together came from the knowledgeable bard. As Mikara suggested, this thing was once a human, but humans are not in the underdark, as Morvanon pointed out. Now Jarel-karn information about the creature having been twisted by transmutation and *something else* is what gave Bell the last clue. There was an a bit of obscure lore about the underdark that she remembered, from "An explorer's guide to the Underdark". In the "Possible monsters tat would kill you in a blink, if you are lucky" section, Bell remembers the passage describing the Aboleth, a terrible creature from the Far realm, who enthralled creatures to do it's biding, slowly turning and twisting their bodies into slime horrors. However, Aboleths are denizens of the underdark, rarely venturing beyond their dens. Bell also knows that Slime slaves are never to be far from their masters, so she theorizes that the black "thing" that sink into the waters the moment they got into the room, was a Aboleth, and as the monstrous masterminds they are, this creature is possibly responsible of all this elaborated scheme.

Wow, 4 successes in a row! Well done detective team!

You have 14 hours before execution.

[sblock=Places to go you actually know of]
Other coordinate in the sewers[Current Location]
-Water trap room[1 hour walking]
-Secret chamber on the sewers-[2 hour walking]
-Sewers[1 hour walking]
-Tavern[4 hour walking]
-Mr Tine House[5 hours walking]
-The Clay pits [8 hours walking]
-Mr. Simpletown establishment[5 hour walking]
-Addressless door[3 hours walking, 3 hours returning]
-City watch[3 hours walking]
-Crime scene [4 hours walking]
-City Judge[3 hours walking]
[/sblock]
[sblock=Important NPCs]
Mr. Simpletown
Mrs Tine
Mr Tine
Mr Raspyhand
Simpletown's foreman
Watch's Captain
Dwarf
Mercenary leader Dead
Another Mercenary leader Lost in the explosion
Slime humanoid Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=Current Evidence]

-Slime horrors
-Flasks with the explosive reagents
-Murder weapon
-Physical enhancers
-A bag with 100gp used to bribe Mr Raspyhand.
-A box with a broke flask.
-Shatered pieces of glass with orange liquied
-Schematics of somewhere
-A code: 5409385
-An address (Of the sewers)
-A necklace with an eye sculpted on it.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Current clues]
-An Aboleth is surely behind the murder!
-Mercenaries are in some sort of trance, possible by the Aboleth.
-The mercenary leader wanted you dead for your intrusion
-You found the murder weapon, and a laboratory that was used to prepare the explosive liquid found in the crime scene
-You found physical enhancers in the secret lab
-You found a code on a public place schematic, perhaps its a password of sorts.
-Gimo smells lie rotten water
-The dwarf at the strange door had weird eyes.
-Gimo's shovel is missing (Not in wagon, clay stablishment, nor watch)
-Gimo appeared to know nothing of what happened
-Several witnesses recognized him
-Mr Simpletown and Mrs Tine are certain Gimo is innocent
-Gimo's memory gape happened in the backstore of Mr Raspyhand
-Mr Raspyhand was bribed by someone to send Gimo to the addressless door next to his pottery.
-There is a password that the group needs in order to enter the addressless door. They could also attempt to bash in. Apparently there's a magical ward from the other side that makes trespassing the door almost impossible.
-The house was full of warriors with intentions of silencing anyone who intruded.
-There are hand prints of mud on the walls of the Sewers

[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"An aboleth! I knew there were unspeakable, tentacled horrors involved somewhere. How do we prove it though without slaying the beast. I mean I think we could, but that sounds time consuming." She ponders this. "We have the murder weapon, proof of enhancers, and a soldier who. . . may have lost his memory as well. Not much of a witness. She should probably bring one of those slime horror's with us."

[sblock=Actions]
I can use tenser's floating disk to transport the slime horror.[/sblock]

[Sblock=Block of Bell]Bell Jabson, Shardar-Kai Bard 4 ()
Init: +3; PI 15, PP 15; low-light vision
HP: 40/40, B 20; Surge 10 hp, 7/8
AC 21, F 15, R 19, W 18
Saves: +2 Racial bonus against the unconscious condition; +2 to all death saving throws
Speed 6; AP: 0

Skills: Acrobatics 8, Arcana 12, Athletics 5, Bluff 10, Diplomacy 11, Dungeoneering 5, Endurance 6, Heal 5, History 11, Insight 5, Intimidate 10, Nature 5, Perception 5, Religion 11, Stealth 8, Streetwise 11, Thievery 6(8)
Languages: Allarian, Imperia, Tsugo, Magari, Draconic (Read Any)
Rituals: Arcane Mark (Arcana), Amanuensis (Arcana), Brew Potion (Arcana or Religion), Comprehend Language (Arcana), Enchant Magic Item (Arcane or Nature), Eye of Alarm (Arcana), Glib Limerick (Arcana), Purify Water (Arcana, Nature or Religion), Silence (Arcana), Tenser's Floating Disk (Arcana)

Powers
Guiding Strike, Staggering Note
Focussed Sound], Dissonant Strain, Shadow Jaunt, Majestic Word 0/2, Words of Friendship, Second Wind
Stirring Shout, Song of Defense, Swordmage Warding, Harsh Songblade +1, Onyx Dog Summon

Trigger (An enemy adjacent to Shard attacks Bell)
Bite (Standard; At-Will); +7 vs AC; 1d6+3[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"So the creature would be down there... if we wait, we might be too late to catch it. Personally, I'm tired, not sure how well I could fight such creature."

[SBLOCK=OOC]I've lost my HS count, I think I would have enough to recover from that combat, but not sure how much I could perform on the next one. Also, I have expended almost all my dailies.[/SBLOCK]

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Well, you can go after the creature, but since you got trapped in the water chamber, he is kind of far away now. You DO have a lot of evidence too. It's your call, but remember the time.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Ok let's do it heroes!"

[sblock=Actions]
Three votes for leaving. I think we can go to the judge now.[/sblock]

[Sblock=Block of Bell]Bell Jabson, Shardar-Kai Bard 4 ()
Init: +3; PI 15, PP 15; low-light vision
HP: 40/40, B 20; Surge 10 hp, 7/8
AC 21, F 15, R 19, W 18
Saves: +2 Racial bonus against the unconscious condition; +2 to all death saving throws
Speed 6; AP: 0

Skills: Acrobatics 8, Arcana 12, Athletics 5, Bluff 10, Diplomacy 11, Dungeoneering 5, Endurance 6, Heal 5, History 11, Insight 5, Intimidate 10, Nature 5, Perception 5, Religion 11, Stealth 8, Streetwise 11, Thievery 6(8)
Languages: Allarian, Imperia, Tsugo, Magari, Draconic (Read Any)
Rituals: Arcane Mark (Arcana), Amanuensis (Arcana), Brew Potion (Arcana or Religion), Comprehend Language (Arcana), Enchant Magic Item (Arcane or Nature), Eye of Alarm (Arcana), Glib Limerick (Arcana), Purify Water (Arcana, Nature or Religion), Silence (Arcana), Tenser's Floating Disk (Arcana)

Powers
Guiding Strike, Staggering Note
Focussed Sound], Dissonant Strain, Shadow Jaunt, Majestic Word 0/2, Words of Friendship, Second Wind
Stirring Shout, Song of Defense, Swordmage Warding, Harsh Songblade +1, Onyx Dog Summon

Trigger (An enemy adjacent to Shard attacks Bell)
Bite (Standard; At-Will); +7 vs AC; 1d6+3[/sblock][/QUOTE]

RedBeardJim

First Post
"I agree. At the very least, we should be able to convince them that Mr. Tine was not in control of his actions when the murder was committed. I do not fully understand why an aboleth would want to arrange the death of an aboveground city official, though."

Remove ads