• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

[sblock=OOC] [MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION], may I suggest you run and bullrush the lord away from the fire and Twinrose? Same with [MENTION=86793]pacdidj[/MENTION], Crush could push him further.

[MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION], extra +1 was from Prime Shot as no other ally was closer to her (in melee it always applies, right? No one can be closer then 1 square)
Also, IR lacks Will score in stats

[MENTION=68988]On Puget Sound[/MENTION], could Ryk drop that construct so she doesn't get protection, flanking and other stuff? I already rolled, otherwise I'd attack it. I'll drop it next round if it lives so long.
[/sblock]

Bellegon again calls the anger of his patron. Unfortunately, just as he focuses part of the ceiling decoration crashes and he's covered in burning embers! He focuses his pain and anger toward Twinrose and then steps away, retreating to safer distance from the fire.

"So, you're ready to die, just to see him die too. I'll be happy to oblige you, except that part of watching him die."

He seems to forget he's among equals, slipping into old habbits of umbragen drows, shouting commands to the slaves and lower forms of life.
"Vok, Crush, get the lord out of the way. Lord ir’Salara, let them carry you away! Ryk, shoot that dog thing down!"

[sblock=Actions]
Fire: Fire attack (1d20+9=25, 1d8+5=7)
Standard: Spiteful Glamour vs Will (TR); damage; curse (1d20+7+2+1=19, 1d8+5+1+4=15, 1d6=2) - provokes OA
Move: to I8, provokes OA, gains concealment from shadow walk

IF she takes OA: Aura damage + talon damage (4d6+1d6=19) - 13 psychic and necrotic damage and 6 untyped. Attacker is weakened for the attack. Lower Bellegon attack damage by 3 if she takes first OA. - same rolls as in previous post, didn't re-roll.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Assassination! Round 10

Vok moves around, attempting to call forth his his divine challenge. But as he moves away, he feels it falter.

[By not attacking or ending adjacent, Divine Challenge fails (and the mark ends). You also can't use it next round]

Ryk's andreline, fueled by the fire, causes his strikes to hit true this time. He warns everyone about the fire, suspecting it may grow rapidly.

[Both attacks hit, but you rolled 2d4 not 1d4 on the first attack (each is 1[W]), so only 11 total damage. The fire has a 50/50 chance each round of expanding; it expands in a burst 1 and cannot expand the next round. It will not expand this round (as it is the first).]

The fire lashes out at Twinrose, burning her badly, while her iron hound escapes. Cursing, she whistles for her hound to attack; he parries the blow, but the hound's distraction is enough for Twinrose to strike another solid cut. The savagery of the blow is enough to cause the Lord to stumble into the flames. He screams as his cloak catches and he burns and collapses in a heap!

DIE! DIE! DIE, Brelish Dog!

[Fire crits TR, misses ID. ID shifts and aids another on attack and TR follows through and hits the Lord for 12 damage; her granted extra attack for ID misses. Fire hits lord, knocking him unconscious and dying. 1 failed Death save.]

Assassination! Round 11
[sblock=Maps]
attachment.php

There are stairs to get up to the stage (which is 5' up). The line indicates a higher level in the back that is difficult terrain to get up. Pillars provide cover for those next to them; you cannot move through tables. Red areas are on fire; starting in or adjacent at beginning of turn, or moving through means you are subject to an attack: +9 vs Ref, 1d8+5 fire damage[/sblock]Combat Details

TR: 56/154; AC 21, Fort 20, Ref 18 (all +2 when ID adjacent); Cursed, Rik's Quarry, bloodied; Inspirational Authority, AP, and Hesitation used
ID: 17/73, Fort 19, Ref 18, Howl used, Lord's Quarry, bloodied,
MW: dead
CP: dead
L1: Dead
L2: Dead
L3: Dead
L4: Dead

Status

Bellegon: 13/45; 4 charges, bloodied, 2 HS used, Second Wind
Rikka: 18/40; Thorn Spray used
Vok 12/51; bloodied, Second Wind used, -2 HS, Total Defense
Ryk 13/38, bloodied
Spring 6/46, bloodied
Crush: 16+7/41; Bloodied, Warlord's strike used, Myrmidon Formation used, 2 IW used, Vengeful Longsword used
Lord ir'Haran: -2/136; dying, 1 failed death save.

Attachments

• Award11.jpg
    Award11.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Once again, Rikka raised her totem and lashed at the air attempting to stir the wind spirits into action. She knew that the Lord was in a dangerous position, but she hoped that her efforts would improve his chances. The wind spirits of Sharn were even more capricious than their kin, though, and They clawed cruelly at the one she had hoped to save...

With a sharp hiss, very nearly of pain, she shifted back into beast form and scampered across the stage.

[sblock= OOC]
>Okay, cue the grandma-unfriendly language on this one. Well, sometimes when you gamble you lose. Hopefully it won't be enough to kill him... Maybe someone can grab him and drag him away a bit.

>Standard: Chill Wind, centered on D 10, targets the Lord, ID, TR, and 2 squares of fire in that order; 1d20+9 (vs. FORT)= 29 (crit vs. Lord), 21 (hits ID); 12 misses TR, 26 (hits fire? maybe?); hit deals 6 cold to ID (+2 since it is bloodied) and to 4 cold to fire, 10 cold to Lord, plus Slide 1. Slide Lord to E11, Slide ID to C 11 (into fire), Slide fire at D11 into C12 (collapsing/shrinking it?); rolls Roll Lookup
>Oh, and because I screwed up and Critted on the Lord, he takes and extra 2d10 from the totem. 2d10= 17 (Of course, nearly maximum on that too) ; roll Roll Lookup

>Minor: shift to beast form
>Move: to A 10
[/sblock]

stonegod

Twinrose laughs hysterically as the cold hits the Lord, obviously unhinged and pleased. The construct digs in against the wind, tumbling to the floor but spared the weakened fire.

OOC: Lord at -29/136 and slid. ID 11/73 and prone (not slid). Fire in the squares affected is weakened TENT.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Vok bravely charges the woman, overcoming his fear of the flames, but his attack is parried by the assassin.

[sblock=ooc]
*One of these days I'll figure out the paladin.... sorry all, oh and no bull rush from Vok, his Str is 10, he's more pretty than strong ;)

Move: to F10
Standard: charge TR - fire on Vok; Valourous strike; dmg (1d20+9=10, 1d8+5=13, 1d20+12=18, 1d8+8=10) fire misses (good thing, that would've ko'd Vok), but his attack also misses. (+1 to next attack against her from sword property)
Minor:

[/sblock]

[sblock= stat block]
Vok Vaerhirmana—Male Half-Elf Paladin 4 (Sovereign Host)
Initiative: +2, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 17
AC: 24*, Fort: 18, Reflex: 16, Will: 19 — Speed: 5 (in armor)
*+1 due to milestone reached
HP: 12/51, Bloodied: 25, Surge: 12, Surges left: 6/14
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Used
*Group Diplomacy: You grant allies within 10 squares of you a +1 racial bonus to Diplomacy checks.
>Skills: Diplomacy +14, Insight +7, Intimidate +12, Perception +8, Religion +6
Powers -
Valourous Strike (at will)
Enfeebling Strike (at will)
Divine Challange (at-will)
Lay on Hands (at-will) (1/day)
Valorous Smite (encounter 1)
Invigorating Smite (encounter 3)
Guiding Strike (encounter)
Divine Mettle or Strength (encounter)
Majestic Halo (daily 1)
Bless Weapon (utility 2/daily)

LEB:pC:Vok Vaerhirmana (renau1g- ENWiki)

[/sblock]

stonegod

OOC: Fire gets an attack if one of the three are true:
- You start your turn adjacent to it
- You enter a square of fire
- You move through it
Vok did neither AFIACT, so no attack. His attack still misses.

stonegod

Do I need to re-roll? If not use the action from before (#713). Thanks

Also, can I weaken the fire by expending the aura?
OOC: I'll take the action as written/rolled. Fire is not affected by poison, but you might be able to rot away the fuel source with the necrotic part. It'll be a hard arcana check (standard).

Remove ads