• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Sibylline Idol (Judge covaithe)

Nebten

First Post
Realizing the party is actually going to let him talk, Dane saunters over to the glass blowing dwarves. He waits until it is an appropriate moment (say after they finish their piece) before he starts his request.

[sblock=Dwarven]
Master Glasssmiths, may I have but a moment of your time. My name is Dane and it has come to our attention that a den of thieves resides under this forge. My party and I have been charged to chase out these ruffians and restore sanctity to this hallowed forge ground. We feel that the entrance to their lair lies beyond locked doors in the warehouse behind your shoppe. I request that you grant us entrance into the basement so we may fulfill our duties. [/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Rurdev, knowing the lock can't be picked, stands in the shadow of the building looking around. Seeing the dwarf and the warforged go to speak to the dwarves, the shifter raises his hand for a moment as if to stop the pair. Rurdev trusted Incarnation but it was against his nature. He had been betrayed before after all. The warlock was smart, and conniving, perhaps the dwarves did have a key...

[sblock=Perception: 21]Rurdev looks around for the proverbial key under the carpet, seeing if anybody stashed one nearby. Roll Lookup[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Apologies generally weekends are bad for posting for me. This one extended after the WotC news occupying all my time yesterday while reading up on it. Anyways, back at it.[/sblock]

As Dane wanders into the shop, the two dwarves look up from their work. One quickly goes back to it to not ruin the piece his is working on. But the other one takes off the heavy gloves he is wearing and puts them on a wooden block, motioning you out of the clanging and the heat. "Oy, wat was that again? A den of tieves undur here? Bloody hell, same thing happened a while back."

He whipes the grime and sweat from his brow and turns to his fellow smith and shouts, "Where'd you put them keys fer 'round back Morg? Be back in a sec." he says as the other waves towards the back wall of the shop. The dwarf you've been talking to heads round back and returns with a single key and heads back around with you.

"We dun locked this door up after the last time, but guess rats can get in anywheres. Come on, if ye be wantin to run them out I'll let you in. I'll lock up tonight when we close the shop mind. Don't want everyone gettin in. If yur not back out, you'll have to wait till mornin." he says kneeling at the door to unlock the heavy chain. "Name's Borrim by the way." he says expecting greetings before helping with the doors.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Incarnation is all the warforged says. When they're finally let in, he stays to the back of the group as previous.

Walking Dad

First Post
"Greetings, Borrim. May our actions benefit us all!" Riardon greets the dwarf.

[sblock=OOC]

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +3 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon
Perception: 16 Insight: 11 Low-light Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 15 Reflex 14 Will 13
Hit Points: 24 / 24 Bloodied: 12
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:6 Surges per day: 7 / 8
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Scorching Burst, Warlords Favor, Feystep
Daily Powers: Lead the Attack

Condition: -
[/sblock][/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
Yes yes, thank you thank you. Now please let us be on our way, I have no desire to postpone this any more. Vashik waves his arm imperiously Incarnation and I will remain in the back where we can put our talents to better use. The rest of you lead the way, double time!

EvolutionKB

First Post
Rurdev stays silent, giving the dwarf a nod as he walks past. Seeing the wizards impatience, he takes his place in line, near the middle of the group.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Borrim drops the chain and helps open the large doors. "Was a little while back, group came down through here and found a bunch of weirdo's down there. Thieves the lot of them I say. Good luck ta all of ya. Incarnation, Dane." he says with a nod to the warforged and dwarf, acknowledging the only names given. Illumination filters down the now open doors, showing a cart track bordering stairs that descend into an earthen basement beneath the warehouse. Borrim mutters to himself under his breath as he walks back to the shop. Dane takes the lead down the stairs heading into the musty, dank basement. Cobwebs and dust hang about the place though it does appear that there has been movement through the room at some point or another.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads