Adventure: Three Queens in Allaria (DM: BenBrown, Judge: Covaithe)

Tenchuu

First Post
"Ya see?" Jarro said, catching up to his new companions, "It not as bad as ya tink, eh Sound a Stone?"

[sblock=no Internet Access]I will be without internet access starting tomorrow, and probably for a whole week. Post without me, if need be.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
"Hello, Spider," the statue says calmly, as Jarro disembarks.

OOC: Looks like Vanderlegion and Tenchuu had mild identity crises ;)

BenBrown

First Post
Spider greets the statue, and introduces her to the group as Pharodeys. After a short conversation, he invites her to travel with the group.

The ship docked in the early part of the morning, and it is still an hour or two before noon when Sven announces that everything is ready to go.

"The oxen are hitched up, and everything's packed. I managed to get everything tightly packed in the wagons. The barrels are always hard to load, because they're round, and so you can't pack them as tightly as you can boxes, but then I suppose the whole point of barrels is that they're round and you can roll them from place to place rather than carrying them. The spears are long, so I put them along one side. The shields are the toughest thing to pack, because they're not really flat, but they're not really in any other shape that you can stack them conveniently. These are sort of rectangular shields, but slightly curved and reinforced on the edges. If you put them overlapping, back-to-back, that sort of works, but not really. eventually I realized they're the perfect size to fit over the small barrels if you stick them up at the front of the wagon before you stick the barrels in. So the shields will be hard to get to, but none of you guys seems to use one, so it's not really important until we get to where we're going and can give them to other people. The tools are a little easier to get to, but it's the stuff that's just loose in bags that I stuck on top, not only because it's lighter weight due to there being no barrels, but because it's shapeless, and can't support anything itself. There's space on top to stick your own packs if you want to. Anyway, we're ready to go. We can get a ways down the road by nightfall."

There are three wagons each pulled by two oxen, and each with a driver. Sven, with his crossbow, is riding on the first wagon next to the driver.

GM: The road is 15 feet wide at its narrowest. Please come up with a marching order, including how far people are from the ox carts.

Also, don't forget to submit your characters for approval. Can't get experience without approvals.

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: What kind of terrain is there off to the sides of the roads? If theres trees/forests etc, anything Tyris can use for cover, he'll stealth along off to the side, maybe slightly ahead scouting. Also, already submitted :)

Mewness

First Post
OOC: The wagons have to go single file, I assume.

If we have people both in front of and behind the wagons, how widely separated will we be?

If someone rides on one of the trailing wagons, can he or she still see to the front?

BenBrown

First Post
GM: The carts are effectively 20 feet long. 10 feet of cart, plus 10 feet of ox, with a 5 foot clearance between carts, going single file. Therefore from the front of the lead ox to the back of the trailing cart is about 70 feet, or 14 squares. You can easily see what's up in front from the tops of the carts, although what's immediately in front of the lead cart (close enough to annoy the oxen) is going to be hard to spot from the rear carts. If you wish to gather the party at or near the front, Sven could probably be persuaded to play tailgunner.

The terrain is open at first, but will give way to forest after the first day's travel. It's mostly rolling hills throughout, growing marginally more rugged as you approach your destination.

Remove ads