[Adventure] To Serve a Dragon: Act 1: A House is Not a Home (Judge: stonegod)

renau1g

First Post
As the minotaur begins playing his lute and just before the party decide they don't need Talos' help as the "music" fills the air the shadow of the dragon rolls over the group. In its steel talons is a large metal ... thing. A basket might be the best way to describe it. It drops it down and then lands itself.

"I see you've made yourselves known. Good. I need you all for the next task. My Bladebearers have located a suitable location for our group to settle in and plan for the next phase. I have located an old refinery, built during the Last War in a remote location. Perfect for us. If you come into this carrier I will bear you to the spot. Your job will be to secure the location and remove any creatures that my be squatting there. I shall return with the rest of the hobgoblins and we will then begin preparations on the next phase." Calmachia states, waiting for you to enter the carrier.

OOC: Any questions?

Luinnar

First Post
A cage! Despite the rantings of his fellow prisoners, he knew he was captured. No doubt these simply minded people were tricked by the dragon into thinking that they were "working" for it.

Nevertheless, it expected him to do a job killing something. No doubt it heard of his powers in the arcane arts. Perhaps he could slip away in the confusion and seek his revenge at a later date.

OOC: Mythra has no questions for the "prison warden" ;)

twilsemail

First Post
OOC: What's your favorite beverage?

"Excellent! I can think of plenty of uses for this... Calmachia, do you plan on creating more like yourself? Imagine landing a platoon behind enemy battle lines with something like this." Mal steps into the carrier and finds a place near the edge, preferably near the handle where there will be less sway. He is situated to watch outside, rather than in.

twilsemail

First Post
"Tock, imagine this. We take a half-dozen men into the sky. A construct like Calmachia here flys us over the battle and, from somewhere near a thousand feet, drops us into combat. One of us, maybe Master Stelwart here, is wearing a Ring of Feather Falling. The others have cables attaching us to him. We land safely behind enemy lines and..." He pulls out a journal and starts taking some notes and sketching out a battlemap.

raion

First Post
Tock looks back at him grinning, "I don't think Wizard-Mobiles count as strategic thinking so much as comedy gold. Can feather falling do that?"

twilsemail

First Post
"It takes a lot of effort from the ring user and it drains the ring quite a bit. It has to spend a while recharging through Eberron's latent magical energies. I'm betting you couldn't do it more than once a day. But how many drops do you need to make in a day anyhow?

"Mythra, you're more an expert on magical energies and such than I am. How sound is the theory of the drop?"

Luinnar

First Post
"Mythra, you're more an expert on magical energies and such than I am. How sound is the theory of the drop?"
It recharges using the latent magical energies following the various magical lay lines; which of course are in conjunction with the various close elemental planes and places of power. The ring is made of various magical elements which tap into and absorb the magical ebbs and flows, recharging in approximately 23.34 hours. That is the short version of course. Mythra says smirking.

Now as the Artificers would say, if we were to do a real "scientific" test you would need a control group. Someone (that is to say me) would jump from a high altitude and use the ring and another person would have to jump without any magical aid. Mythra says.

renau1g

First Post
The group discusses various tactics that could be employed if they could acquire a flight of these warforged dragons, as Calmachia flies west.

It is another long flight, although slightly more comfortable this time around as you aren't clutched tightly in the creature's claws. The whipping winds make it difficult to continue the discussion though as it picks up speed. You enter a mountainous area, based on the colourations of the rocks and the shape of the mountains you discern it's likely the Seawall Mountains.

It pulls in tight and heads down in a small valley, mostly shielded from the outside view, accessible by a narrow trail, although that poses little problem for the dragon. You spot a nearly ruined building in the center of the valley. Calmachia drops your carrier near the south part of the valley.

"We are here. That building is the refinery that we shall take over. Again, you to secure this area and clear out anything that has found its way around here" the warforged says. "I shall return soon with allies" it adds.

TardiS

First Post
Varykk vaults over the edge of the basket. He takes a few moments to adjust his things before looking towards the party. "Well, I think we best have a look around. Anyone else up for scouting out the area?

Remove ads