• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge: THB) - Part II

renau1g

First Post
The creature doesn't reappear from its extraplanar prison providing you with a brief moment of respite.

[sblock=OOC]
[MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION] - I moved you to L13 as M13 doesn't have LOS/LOE to the creature with taht wall there.

[MENTION=13739]Velmont[/MENTION] - N11 is taken by the twilight assassin from Feall. I don't know if you planned to draw an OA either but with your current tenuous health situation you wouldn't want to risk an OA even with the mark. I moved you to P11, still in the zone, but not adjacent.

Creature:
save (1d20=6) fail on first turn
save (1d20=9) fail on second turn.

Everyone hits.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Unlocked Stats]
Spawn of Khyber: 20 AC; 20/18/16 F/R/W
Jaryn: 23 AC; ??/24/18 F/R/W
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
*Yellow Zone - The burst creates a zone of sanctified ground that lasts until the end of your next turn. You can move the origin square of the zone 3 squares as a move action. Enemies that start their turns within the zone take 1d6 + 4 modifier radiant damage. You and any allies who are bloodied and start their turns within the zone regain 5 hit points and can make a saving throw. Sustain Minor: The zone persists.
*Red Zone - if you start there you take 5 necrotic damage. 10 this turn!

Rumbum: 68/69+9thp; used 1 AP, used 8 surges, used Comeback Strike, +1 speed until end of encounter, CA granted to spawn TB(Rumbum)NT
Feall: 41/45; used 3 surges,
River: 6+2thp/69; used 1 AP, used 7 surges, used Virtue's Touch & Moment of Glory, bloodied
Pok: 40/40 - used 4 surges, used Visions of Avarice, Used Horrid Whispers, grants CA TSNT (Run)
Sheeva: 31/48 - used 2 surges, used 1 AP, used Howling Tempest,

Enemies

Spawn of Khyber : -117 hp,. Until the end of the encounter, once per round when an ally hits the target with a melee attack, Rumbum gets to make a basic melee attack with CA against the target as a free action, marked (Rumbum) , used AP, used Invisibilty, used Shadow Evasion. slowed TENT

Jaryn: -57hp, marked (rumbum), bloodied, 1 shroud

Illumination: Everburning torches (bright 5) along all walls.

Rubble: Loose rock and gravel spreading from the south is difficult terrain. (Q14 - 22, P15 - 19, O15 - 19)

Fissure: The floor of this chamber collapses into a fissure 10 feet deep. It can be jumped with a DC 20 Athletics check (DC 10 with a 2-square running
start). Characters who enter the fissure take 1d6 damage and must make a DC 18 Acrobatics or Athletics check to clamber up its crumbling walls.

Bedrolls and Fire Pit: These are difficult terrain.

Ruined Shrine: This shrine is 10 feet high. It provides superior cover to anyone behind it and can be scaled with a DC 10 Athletics check.

Stairs: The oversized staircases in this chamber are difficult terrain (costs 1 extra square).

Fountain Pool: The pool of water and the wet floor around it are difficult terrain.

init (Jaryn, Pok, Sheeva, feall, river, rumbum) (1d20+11=16, 1d20+5=21, 1d20+7=19, 1d20+8=9, 1d20+4=6, 1d20+3=13)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
OOC: The creature actually has two sets of initiatives, but due to the nature of PbP (and Mal's rules) I have been using them both in one turn, so each save represented the end of one "turn"

CaBaNa

First Post
Pok looks out from his new perch, listening for the telltale signs of a hidden creature. Not hearing anything, the wizard cast out a large illusion, the ceiling caving in above River.

[sblock=OOC]

Minor action perception to find beast

Probably doesn't find...

IF Pok has noticed the Spawn of Khyber, this turn may change, working off the assumption that the creature went unnoticed by Pok.

Standard action
Winged Horde area burst 1 centered on Q10
IF Spawn of Khyber is in burst, 15 vs will MISS
for 7 psychic damage and cannot take opp actions TE of Pok's NT.

[/sblock]

Pok calls to his friends, Help me break this thing, I know it has some connection to the beast. Maybe it will lose some power, or lose its connection to our realm. Pok begins pushing on the statue, speaking under his breathe, *or maybe it will just take the things leash off...*

[sblock=OOC]

Turn retcon, due to my ignorance...

Assist athletics check to topple statue. Failure with a 4.... Pok is tired, can't hit attacks, can't push statues, he needs a nap.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
[MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION] - I moved you to L13 as M13 doesn't have LOS/LOE to the creature with taht wall there.
[/sblock]

OOC: That's the square I meant. I must have done one of those move the eyes across the grid and shift things. I hate getting old. ;)

renau1g

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=82643]CaBaNa[/MENTION] - it's not the creature is invisible or hiding. It's on another dimensional plane. Perhaps a "readied" action of your illusion would be better? I'll assume that River maybe discussed some of his new powers that he was granted at the last "rest"

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
So...eveyone, but Pok's up. [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], [MENTION=13739]Velmont[/MENTION], [MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION], [MENTION=29558]Mowgli[/MENTION]. I know it's a holiday weekend for you folks (well, except Velmont) so if you can't update, cool, but just wanted to make sure :)[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Rumbum stands...confused. Instincts take over. He clutches his axe and shield a stands in a guarded position, ready for anything.

[sblock=actions]
minor: none
action: defensive stance
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"He will reappear where he was, but he was fast, he might act quickly, so get ready to hit him as soon as he appears." tells River who heals himself and get ready for the creature to reappear.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Start: Regen 2 => 3/69; Consecrated Ground 5 => 8/69
Minor: Sustain Consecrated Ground
Minor: Healing Word (2d6+10=16) => 41/69
Standard: Prepare a ready action

Ready action:
Trigger: The creature reappear and he is unbloodied
Action: Sacred Flames vs Refl on Creature (1d20+13=14, 1d6+7=12) Miss... I think it's the third natural 1 in a few roll I make I have for my characters, but I still no see any 20 :([/SBLOCK]

Remove ads