[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge: THB) - Part II

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
You wouldn't be able to take the horses with you into the Marches so they would have to have been left behind.[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
renau1g drew a map. Let's go back the way we came guys. :D
[/sblock]
"Those bones have probably been here a long time. Otherwise, they wouldn't be picked clean. As large as they are, that would have taken a long time."

[sblock=Rolls]
13 Arcana, 11 Perception.

Noticing things is not why Sheeva is in the group. ;)
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
Kortauhk looks around at all of the swampy water and the bones sticking out of the ground. Kortauhk may be stupid, but he was in tune with the natural cycle of things and could understand that there was a predator here at one point in time if it were not still here. Eying all of the dry spots of land, a plan came to him.

"Valahad. Which way Kortauhk and peoples go? Water bad place for peoples. Maybe big chomp-chomp live in water. No take chance. Maybe Kortauhk jump over water with peoples? Valahad show Kortauhk where jump?"

[sblock=Kortauhk and athletics] When not wearing his shield and armor, Kortauhk has an athletics check of +15. Because he is a Goliath, he gets to roll all jump checks and climb checks twice and take the better of the two (just like Lan had with perception checks). This means that he can jump between 3 and 7 squares with a running start. On the high end, that's enough to get us to any of the dry spots from any of the other dry spots. On the low end, not s'much. Of course, with the better of 2 rolls, he's much less likely to roll in the low end. [/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"If you carry us to each island or this bayou, we will travel too slowly. For disease, I'll watch over everyone health. Now, we must just stay aware or large creature." tells River.

Kalidrev

First Post
Kortauhk frowns in displeasure at the shifters suggestion.

"River want risk chomp-chomp and swim!?" Kortauhk shakes his head side to side and then mumbles something under his breath so that only the more perceptive would have a chance to hear it.

[sblock=Perception DC 15] "Risk chomp-chomp cause no want go slow...and peoples say Kortauhk be stupid..." [/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Sheeva doesn't hear what Kortauhk mumbles, but she's not too keen on any plans from the resident rock.

[sblock=Perception]
Perception 9.
[/sblock]
"The problem big guy is that even for someone as strong as you, jumping fifteen feet with one of us on this slick surface means that sooner or later you'll slip and land in the water. You might even slide even if you get to the far side. If we are going to jump across, we might as well have you jump first and then have the rest of us either jump or wade across one at a time. We could string a rope so that if something grabs someone out of the water, they can at least have something to hang on to."

[sblock=OOC]
No matter what, Kortauhk will be encumbered.
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=encumbrance] If I do my math correctly, I can banish my armor to it's dimension, which would free 25lbs from my load, leaving me with about 138 lbs before I'm encumbered. Now sure, he's not going to be able to jump over with Val, but how much do the rest of you weigh with your armor? I'm not even going to think about pok, cause I KNOW he and his gear do not weigh 138lbs. But what about Sheeva and River? [/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=Sheeva's Weight]
First of all, a woman doesn't tell anyone her weight. ;)

But, Sheeva weighs 159 with gear. So, Kortauhk could carry her without her gear and without encumbrance, but that's not really going to happen because of roleplaying reasons. She'll slog or jump across like everyone else.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Sheeva's Character Sheet]
Forgot to mention. I'll have Sheeva's 5th level character sheet finished this weekend.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Sheeva is lighter than River... naked. With all his stuff (that include his chainmail), he weights 250 lbs... and that is supposing his Battle Standard weight nothing (The compendium give no weight for that item...)[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads