• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventurers Aboard The Snapdragon: The Search for the Whispering Woodwind

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Here's Flick.

For the Stouthearts, think of those fat-faced little smiling Campbell's kids in armor, talking like Heckel & Jeckel, and you've got it.

Attachments

• flick.jpg
    flick.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 404

Ziona

First Post
Well, I think my first night of DMing went well, (ignoring the fact that I'm sick & have a sore throat of course). The prelude should be complete soon, and then I'll begin writing the search for the Whispering Woodwind.

As for note taking, I didn't have to do as much as I do when I play in Xaltar's campaign because I just jotted down quick notes in the module. It was quite a bit easier, actually. But the prologue has all been ideas from players and stuff from my imagination.

And Yes, those are halflings, Hammerhead. I think Doc and Dartan wanted to be sort of childlike and almost naive, but we'll get to that... ;)

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
Re

I can't wait to see what the Stoutheart brothers are like. Doc is building them up so they better be good. I better laugh alot and think about corn rolls when I walk through the grocery store.

Should be good fun to see this story develop.

Dartan

First Post
Had alot of fun last night. Ziona did an awesome job for her first time dm'ing. It was a little hard getting into playing Cecil because of the tragedy that happened basically down the road from us. Out of the 96 confirmed dead at the Great White night club tragedy we are definatly going to know someone or know someone who is going to be affected by this sad tragedy.

Sorry to bring the mood down. Looking forward to playing our next session. Stayed Tuned for more adventures with the Stoutheart brothers. "The Mysterious" Hoog and Edan.

Last edited:

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Yeah, it was definitely hard to roleplay a childish, fun halfling when just minutes away one of the worst fires in American history was being sifted through. I tried, but I mostly just felt like I was being annoying. It felt inappropriate.

Ziona did a fantastic job. Some VERY SMALL beginners' mistakes here and there, but overall she took right to it and showed better instincts than most DMs. Congrats, Ziona, on a great first DM'ing.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
The first part of the prelude was wonderful :)

And knowing Ziona's writing skills, I know the story will be wonderful too...

Please, Ziona, give us more story :)

Dr Midnight

Explorer
WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE

SHOW ME! SHOW YOU! KIKKOMAN! KIKKOMAN!

Pat Benatar just called and she said TELL MELISSA TO WRITE HER STORY HOUR, DAMMIT.

I said hey, I know, what do you want me to do about it?

She cursed and hung up on me.

I'm in the doghouse with Patty B, so would you please write?

Remove ads