• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventurer's Vault has animals!

Jengenritz

First Post
Adventurer's Vault = cool, must-have book, but irritating that it wasn't "core."

In general, what they threw in the "core" books perplexed me a bit.
I had to buy separate book to get sharks, but they gave me quicklings and galeb duhr in the MM? Meh.

FR-specific information and designer anecdotes taking up room that could have been for repeating crossbows or double-weapons? Again, "meh."

AV adds a lot to the game that should have been there at launch. Even if you disagree with the last half of the statement, there's no debating the first half.

Shroomy

Adventurer
I figured that they were put in their for sahuagin, but I don't remember them every using them for mounts. It's a cool idea though.

Drakhar

First Post
Adventurer's Vault = cool, must-have book, but irritating that it wasn't "core."

In general, what they threw in the "core" books perplexed me a bit.
I had to buy separate book to get sharks, but they gave me quicklings and galeb duhr in the MM? Meh.

FR-specific information and designer anecdotes taking up room that could have been for repeating crossbows or double-weapons? Again, "meh."

AV adds a lot to the game that should have been there at launch. Even if you disagree with the last half of the statement, there's no debating the first half.

Except...isn't the design standpoint that everything is Core?

Remove ads