• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventures in the lands of Syrael (IC)

penance

First Post
The three orcs jog in a line. Right before they reach Silverdrake's position, he springs out, ready to release an onslaught. They look completly surprised at the sudden attack, but the one in the back manages to draw a broadsword from its sheath.

[sblock=ooc]Just as a quick note, this is my preferred format: write out IC what happens with descriptors, and then put this in:
first attack 'to hit' roll: 19
second attack 'to hit':6
first attack damage:5
second attack damage: twelve thousand
(misc rolls here) bluff check: 8

Or something like that. Thanks![/sblock]

Last edited:

penance

First Post
The first orc is staggered by a powerful warhammer blow, and falls to the ground in time for Weel's well-aimed arrow to end it's life.
[sblock=Rhun]If I remember , you only get one attack if you move more than 5'[/sblock]

[sblock=Weel]feel free to write some fluff regarding either his trouble with killing things or the odd fact that it doesn't bother him. I like the 'background' this character is generating.[/sblock]

Heclar moves to the rear of the orcs, in a cunning attempt to prevent any escape. A quick jab lands in the Orc's shoulder, provoking a howl of anger.

Luhal attempts to frighten the middle Orc into submission, but the Orc pushes away his Manclw and roars his anger. [sblock=In Orcish]"I'll dies before I bow to a pale face."[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Randmar turns to the next orc in line, his weapons flashing in the sunlight as he weaves them into complicated attack routines.

OOC: Penance...if you wouldn't mind, can you make the rolls for Randmar until I get back from vacation next week? Thanks.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, roguish human cleric

Weel perks up as the orc falls, wondering if he's finally getting the hang of using a crossbow. Bad luck for the orc, but this is, perhaps, the risk one takes invading nations, the wandering priest thinks. Weel's next shot, however, proves he may just have been lucky.

[sblock=OOC]Move action to reload, Attack = 10. Which, unless these guys are naked, won't be hitting anything.[/sblock]

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Heclar Kal'lack

Using his weapon's reach, he quickly pierce's through the Orc's defenses and makes a mortal wound.

[sblock=Combat]OOC: Attack 1d20+12 = 27, Damage 2d4+8 = 13[/sblock]

penance

First Post
The combat continues.

Randamar stumbles as he moves to face the orc threatened by Luhal, and his fierce attack rebounds off the orc's ragged armor. At the same time, Luhal's Manclaw flashes in the morning sunlight. He lands a hit on the creature's shoulder.[sblock=damage]6 damage[/sblock]

The Orc fighting Heclar steps forward and draws his rusty-looking short sword. With a vicious swing, he attempts to decapitiate Heclar. Fotunatly, the Dwarf's reflexes serve him well, and he dodges most of the force of the blow. [sblock=damage]5 damage[/sblock]

The orc fighting Luhal and Randamar lets loose with another yell of fury, this one unintelligable. It looks as though he's gone berserk. Swinging with all his might, he lands a long sword blow on Luhal for 14 points of damage.

Heclar deftly steps inside the Orc's guard and stabs it's exposed knee. The slash deals a good amount of damage. [sblock=damage]13[/sblock]

Unseen in the undergrowth, Weel lets loose another shot, only to miss the melee entirely.

Last edited:

[sblock]Well, the entire point of holding a sword at his throat was to threaten with a presumably deadly attack if he doesn't comply. Since the orc attacked, can I get in a quick attack first?

I think I remember that I automatically critical if my attack hits at all, but I can't find that rule on the SRD. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Anyway, according to my roll, here, my total attack is 21, and my damage is 6, or 14 if I got the crit.

My next round will be to attack the same orc, which is rolled here, showing an obvious miss with an attack total of 10.

[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Randmar continues his attacks, somewhat drustrated by his inability to drop these orcs in a expeditious manner.

Remove ads