• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Adventures in the Radiant Citadel Interview

Fryminis has an early copy of the book and shows it off. I'm very glad he did because I'm canceling my order. Some really cool stuff, but it should have been 2 or three books, it simply tries to do too much in one book, so everything looks lacking in depth. And the Pari's don't have the Angel subtype and the lore given for them doesn't do enough to them distinct in function or lore from Devas. Even Pathfinder does better on Pari lore IMHO.

I watched the video slowly so I could read a large chunk of the book so this is not an uninformed choice.

This is a new setting functionally, although it's likely it just get eatten by FR, the book itself makes it easy. It's eatten by FR or eventually forgotten like Ghostwalk.

If you want to see a setting based primarily around black and brown folks, your better off with the 5e Southland books. Although Radiant Citadel also has Asian inspired content too.

It's just not enough space or depth.

Last edited:

Fryminis has an early copy of the book and shows it off. I'm very glad he did because I'm canceling my order. Some really cool stuff, but it should have been 2 or three books, it simply tries to do too much in one book, so everything looks lacking in depth. And the Pari's don't have the Angel subtype and the lore given for them doesn't do enough to them distinct in function or lore from Devas. Even Pathfinder does better on Pari lore IMHO.

I watched the video slowly so I could read a large chunk of the book so this is not an uninformed choice.

This is a new setting functionally, although it's likely it just get eatten by FR, the book itself makes it easy. It's eatten by FR or eventually forgotten like Ghostwalk.

If you want to see a setting based primarily around black and brown folks, your better off with the 5e Southland books. Although Radiant Citadel also has Asian inspired content too.

Don't know why it would get eaten by FR. And lots of things have Overlap. Also this is supposed to be a bunch of smaller adventures and settings, we knew it would not get the most detail. Though a DMs Guildbook on the same day is going to be released to expand on the content.

I can't see why you would expect much depth. It's a collection of 14 short adventures, not a setting book.

And why would you bother if something had an angel subtype? It doesn't do anything! Stat blocks only contain functionally useful information.

I can't see why you would expect much depth. It's a collection of 14 short adventures, not a setting book.

And why would you bother if something had an angel subtype? It doesn't do anything! Stat blocks only contain functionally useful information.

The other Angel stat blocks have it, so it just feels like a sloppy mistake.

And I think a setting book should have been done, then the adventures in a seperate book.

Remove ads