• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Advice on Rogue/Druid/Warshaper build

Phasics

First Post
At the monment all I have is a collection of nice aspects and I'm trying to gel it all together

Firstly this is a rouge build primarly stealth sneak attacks and underhanded skullduggery

but I wanted my rogue to have twist.

I'm thinking a Small rogue with a natural reach of 10 feet would be very intersting and unexpected with a myriad of additonal flanking and attacks of opporunity possiblites.

to get the 10feet reach Warshaper 3 is needed , so that cool.

Now to quailfy for that I'd need shape changing from somewhere.

My first thought is Druid Shapeshifter PHB II , One level and your covered with a nice Preadtor Form with a land speed of 50 mind you which would be damn nice for quick flanking.

Other options include racical shape changing but honestly I've never been a fan of this when its only purpose was to quailfy for warshaper so I'd prefer shapechange to come from a class rather than race.

Currently a rough build would be
Rogue 1
Druid 1
Rogue 5
Warshaper 3
Rogue 10

finishing Rogue 16/Druid 1/Warshaper 3

with 8d6 sneaks

So I need help to put this all togther a few Q's to ponder
1)How much shapshifter druid to take ? [1 level gets me pred form, 5 lvs gets me a flying form]
2)Rogue Prestige classes if any ? remember attacks will be made while shifted so bite claws etc will be weapons of choice.

Thanks in advance

Phasics

First Post
oh and just as a footnote for the powergamers with a certain interpretation of warshaper you could potentially grow enough limbs and score an insane number of sneak attacks each round.

Just for fun e.g. Grow 10 tentacles

flank some unsuspecting fool and as a small quadraped make 11 sneak attacks doing 11d4+88d6 dmg = 99-572dmg from a range of 10 feet LOL !

Personally I wouldnt even try to convince a DM to let you do this but hey each to thier own.

I guess your only 2 weaknesses are creature's immune to crits and the lack of enchanted weapons

Iku Rex

Explorer
I don't see how this could make an effective character. All your equipment will meld when you shapeshift, and you only get one natural attack. I really think a changeling or shifter character would be better.

(You don't want to qualify for warshaper with a shapechanging race, but a one-level dip into a class to get a variant class ability is fine? I don't get that. :confused: )

If you insist on a rogue/druid/warshaper good ol' regular wild shape would be better. Maybe you could aim for daggerspell shaper, from Complete Adventurer.

Phasics

First Post
Iku Rex said:
(You don't want to qualify for warshaper with a shapechanging race, but a one-level dip into a class to get a variant class ability is fine? I don't get that. :confused: )

imho warshaper should cost you somthing to qualify for better one class level than nothing. although I guess a shapechaning LA+1 race would also be aceptable to me. imho shapechaning LA+0 races should NOT be able to qualify for anything related to shape changing with thier racial trait, (unless its a specfically designed racial class).

also warshaper will get you additonal attacks from 8th level onward to make up for your BAB not being counted in shifted form.

Iku Rex

Explorer
Phasics said:
imho warshaper should cost you somthing to qualify for better one class level than nothing. although I guess a shapechaning LA+1 race would also be aceptable to me. imho shapechaning LA+0 races should NOT be able to qualify for anything related to shape changing with thier racial trait, (unless its a specfically designed racial class).
None of the basic ways of qualifying for warshaper (like druid wild shape) strike me as especially underpowered, so that's not a big sacrifice. And if a race is balanced at LA +1 or more then it's not really a "cost" either. But obviously YMMV.
Phasics said:
also warshaper will get you additonal attacks from 8th level onward to make up for your BAB not being counted in shifted form.
One extra attack isn't going to help that much. Monk levels is a potential solution, although some might balk at the idea of a kung-fu fighting leopard. ;)

Phasics

First Post
Iku Rex said:
One extra attack isn't going to help that much. Monk levels is a potential solution, although some might balk at the idea of a kung-fu fighting leopard. ;)

hehehe true, although I've already taken a single class in druid for shifting, taking 1 level of monk for its abilities might be pushin it. I can explain one druid level with the fact my rogue convinced a druid grove to accept him having changed his ways, little did they know he simply used them to get shapeshifting abilites to augment his own rogue abilites :cool:

I was hoping to convince my DM to allow me to get several addtional attacks out of warshaper in line with a 2 weapon weilding rogue's BAB. considering you cant buy keen or enchamnted bite or claws the damage potential should be below a regular rogue's, so I might get away with it.

If not I might have to take druid levels until I get a creature with 3 or more attacks and end up with less sneak attack dmg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads