• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AEG Toolbox

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Thanks, all! I'm sure this will get worked out soon enough. In the meantime, let's not allow the Toolbox discussion to founder.

Does anyone have a particular favorite table that they've just about used up and they'd like to see expanded? :)

Angerland

First Post
I remember a certain evil elven wizard from the book tormenting us players for quite a bit of the campaign before we finally were able to take care of him. He would show up and wreak havoc then disappear. he seemed to be "the power behind the throne" of many of our other antagonists for a decent portion of the campaign.

I loved the old DMG with all of the similar random charts. I bought my copy of the Tool Box as it was hitting the shelf in my LGS. Oddly because I just happened to ask my friend at the store (an employee) for "something new"

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
This thread has got me interested in picking this up.

From the product description of Toolbox at RPGNow: "For d20 fantasy games, science fiction adventures, espionage RPGs, and a whole range of gaming genres. "

How true is this (edit: that it can be used with non fantasy games)?

Last edited:

Twowolves

Explorer
Sweet! An index for that book! Now I can pull out all the myriad notecards and post-it notes hanging out of mine!

I recall, waaaaay back in the day, Judges Guild had something like this, but more to the tune of just a few dozen pages. I had that ancient relic at my side back in the 1st ed days. I love this stuff! Just roll up something on the spot, jot down some notes on an index card, and by next session I have that on-the-fly encounter fully fleshed out and integrated seamlessly into the campaign. The only downside is, after a few times, you have to start rerolling a lot or filling in the already used entries in some of the tables (for NPC details, anyway).

DM_Jeff

Explorer
Twowolves said:
Sweet! An index for that book! Now I can pull out all the myriad notecards and post-it notes hanging out of mine!

Here's a trick. Cut the borders down and the 2-page index I posted tapes easily inside the front and rear covers of the print book. That's what I did! :)

-DM Jeff

Last edited:

DM_Jeff

Explorer
silvermane said:
For some fun check number 17 in the "Tombstones" chart (first one in the web enhancement :)

We hid tons of easter eggs in Toolbox. Many are private, but if I recall there are at least a few NPC's named after folks from the past (Black Dougal, I think, made it in).

-DM Jeff

Remove ads