Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

Bloodcookie

Explorer
Well, it's the vernal equinox, and that can only mean one thing... that's right, the ascension of the Viridescent Eleos into her temporal regnancy! Don't know what I'm talking about? Go back and re-read the storyhour! :p

Tal Rasha

Explorer
So until the next update, let's speculate: has the Hummaz story thread fallen by the wayside, more or less, in amongst all the epic-ness? (Wouldn't be terrible, and it can't be easy to juggle that many paradigm clashes.)

Or is there still more unrevealed goodness to come? :)

grodog

Hero
Bumpitty bumpitty bump!

edit: Sep, some Qs have been bobbing around in my backbrain while re-reading the entire storyline:

- Are you still playing 3.5 with Epic, or have you migrated to 5e?
- How far behind the October 2014 update is the progress of the campaign?
- Have you given thought to any further illustrations? I would love to see Mostin in his pseudonatural form, the breach battle at the Paling in Throile, Demogorgon, Shomei's Helllish Library (I kept picturing Borges meets Escher :) ), Nercamay, the Adversary (before and as Hummaz), Red Neheal, the Claviger and Gihaahia, Irel, and many others ;)
- I had been under the impression that the bidding between the various NPCs in the Cheshne faction was bidding epic spell levels (the "reservoirs" that they and the PCs discuss regularly) in pursuit of their oft-at-odds goals, but if that's the case, it dawned on me today that those spell slots are replenishible resources, since the casters will gain access to their new spell-casting capacities daily. So, how can their reservoirs be exhausted, which is mentioned several times throughout? Is this perhaps related to epic spell slots (about which I know little any longer)??

Last edited:

Erevanden

Explorer
A bump and a message to Sepulchrave:

Sep, is there anything we - your persistent fans - can do, to make this storyhour live again ?

Look, we are still here, waiting, not ready to let go. Not just yet. Some of us, like me, will NEVER let go of this vision, that you presented.

For some of us, the story of Eadric and his friends is truly something. Something memorable. Something BIG.

Come back Sep.

Tal Rasha

Explorer
I had been under the impression that the bidding between the various NPCs in the Cheshne faction was bidding epic spell levels (the "reservoirs" that they and the PCs discuss regularly) in pursuit of their oft-at-odds goals, but if that's the case, it dawned on me today that those spell slots are replenishible resources, since the casters will gain access to their new spell-casting capacities daily. So, how can their reservoirs be exhausted, which is mentioned several times throughout? Is this perhaps related to epic spell slots (about which I know little any longer)??
I've asked a very similar question before, and Sepulchrave was kind enough to answer, here.

In short (any errors in the following are mine, not Sep's), you only get to cast daily your basic up-to-9th level spells. Bigger spells cost XP, and you have to gain more XP to cast more epic spells in the future. Deities have floating XP buffers. Chtonics don't pay XP for epic spells. Also, in response to my asking how the PCs were able to cast spells after they had become spent:

A combination of buffer and earned XP; also ritual components and backlash, which may circumvent the need for XP altogether.

Remove ads