Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

Victim

First Post
Samnell said:
I don't know about that. If anything Mostin seems to have mellowed. When he first appeared he was counting cobblestones, avoiding stepping on cracks, and hating birds. Now we only hear about the bird hatred.

His madness has only become less mundane. It hasn't diminished.

gloomymarshes

First Post
I remember reading about Mostin's meta-gnosticism years ago, but I've since forgotten how it worked exactly, and I can't find Sepulchrave's post about it either. Can anyone enlighten me?

Samnell

Explorer
All I recall is something about his proving his transcendence through overcoming supernatural beings. I guess Shomei was on a similar path, but according to Tramst the only way not to end up in hell was through accepting Oronthonian mysticism. So now she's an infernal plaything even though Eadric checked her more than once and found her clean of evil.

Sort of a bummer, but I could be remembering wrong.

Thalantor

First Post
I don't think Mostin is becoming any less crazier, but rather that the insanity of their "Now" is catching up with him.

He's got a Messiah-like champion of good bedding evil, a Reincar-aumatic glutton demanding godhood for services rendered, a druid which despite his desire for inner calm has laid down the smack more than the others combined and more contact with outerplanar creatures now than when he did when they didn't put in the Injunction.. The inability to define normality in this context seriously hampers our tries to think of Mostin as insane, tbh. :cool:

Btw.. Kudos for the boldness of Ortwine's request.. That sword merge made me have a lootgasm. :D

Lela

First Post
Samnell said:
All I recall is something about his proving his transcendence through overcoming supernatural beings. I guess Shomei was on a similar path, but according to Tramst the only way not to end up in hell was through accepting Oronthonian mysticism. So now she's an infernal plaything even though Eadric checked her more than once and found her clean of evil.

Sort of a bummer, but I could be remembering wrong.

I had thought Shomei's Infernal dealings (Foust anyone) had had a lot to do with putting her in Hell perminantly. I suppose they certainly didn't help either way.

Oh, has anyone else noticed Motsin's, well, um, references to Shomei feeling a little stronger than friendship? I get the impression the crazy man could go psycho stalker. You know, in a transendent, scrying from above, sort of way. Really, it's romantic. :confused:

I wonder if that's part of the real reason he's courting celestials: "I help you. You help me. We all go rescue Shomei."

*shrug* Mostin has a hard time making true friends and has always shown himself to be more than just a loyal ally-getting angry when he felt the others were taking advantage of him and his mirror for instance. I really don't see it in a creepy way how he refers to Shomei, and I think he would do the same for Eadric/Ortwin(e)/Nwm, although I imagine he's closer to Shomei due to their similar inclinations and intellect.

As for Shomei being in hell, I'm not sure about that one. I recall something about Tramst telling Eadric he would open the way for her into heaven, but I imagine its some sort of philosophical self-doubt/rebelliousness that leaves her in perdition.

Remove ads