Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

darkbard

Legend
Truly, truly brilliant stuff, Sep! As always, I am in awe at both your graceful, fluid language and the wondrous tale you weave.

Delemental

First Post
One of the many things I love about this SH is how themes show up in unexpected places.

In regard to Eadric's changing of his colors: I happen to be rereading the whole Wyre tale, and came upon this scene from Mesalliance - a dream meeting between Eadric and Sonellion.

Sepulchrave II said:
They sat in a small booth. Eadric winced as he watched a knight fall to the ground, expertly unhorsed by a cavalier who wore armour enamelled with intricate motifs in gold and green. Every detail was so precise that it was impossible to label the experience as anything other than completely real.

A pixie appeared and poured him a large glass of iced tea. Eadric raised an eyebrow.

"Forgive the inconsistency," Soneillon apologized. "I stole the fey from Ortwin's dream. He won't miss it."

Eadric said nothing of the sprite who had visited him previously.

"Abyssal politics are complex, Eadric," the Demoness sighed. "And the more power one possesses, the more complex they become – with a few notable exceptions, such as Carasch, of whom I believe Nufrut already informed you."

As the knight in gold and green trotted in a slow circuit, Soneillon languidly raised a silk scarf.

"Graz'zt," she continued, "being very powerful, is enmeshed in a web of interlocking interests of enormous subtlety. In order to hold Throile, he needs to divert resources from other areas – such as his war with Orcus – or risk losing it back to me in short order."

The knight rode up and lowered his lance, and Soneillon pinned the scarf to it. She tossed a garland of black lotuses towards him.

Edit: Of course, my point was to compare this to the more recent Eadric dream, and revel in the symmetry, but apparently I was just too darn excited to finish my post. :)

Last edited:

jensun

First Post
I just finished rereading the whole SH from the start. I had forgotten hust how good the writing is and how rich and complex the world you have created feels.

Now I just want to know how things turn out in the end.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I just reread all the way from the beginning and introduced half my gaming group. Wow. Always wow. Hope you keep posting sep, even if it's just a summary.

Lela

First Post
DarwinofMind said:
I just reread all the way from the beginning and introduced half my gaming group. Wow. Always wow. Hope you keep posting sep, even if it's just a summary.

Our gaming group just spent two games reading OoTS from the projector. We each took different voices.

I think it would take more than two 6 hour sessions to go through this one though. I'm impressed!

:p :p

(I get to read Mostin!)

Last edited:

Remove ads