• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

grodog

Hero
Sep, can you please make some updates in the Rogues Gallery, if for some reason a SH update isn't possible in the near-term?

Kayl

First Post
I am now breaking a long period of lurking to say thanks, for sharing this amazing piece of campaign building and writing.

The only downside to this is that the campaign i'm running now looks like a tiny stain on a sheet of paper in comparison. Hopefully it will get better, also due to the inspiration you provided, Sepulchrave.

Bloodcookie

Explorer
Hey, I came across something tangentially related to this SH that I thought might be of interest: the first issue of Wolfgang Baur's Kobold Quarterly has a piece on Titivillus [sic], "the Scribe of Hell". The article treats him a bit differently than Sep did (he serves Mammon, rather than Dispater, for example, and is much more focused on purely bureaucratic matters), but it provides an interesting perspective - and a stat-block, if you're into that kind of thing; CR 24 ;)

Fruit

First Post
A friend linked me to this story hour about a week ago, promising it would redefine my definitions of fantasy literature. I scoffed, of course, and I didn't stop scoffing through the first few posts with their somewhat workmanlike writing style and frequent digressions into metagame discussion.

I now realise my mistake, heh. As the story delivered and the writer got into his stride, this has delivered exactly what I was promised. A redefinition of fantasy literature. Other people have been saying it, but it bears repeating... this stuff invites comparison with Steven Erikson, Jack Vance, George R.R. Martin - at first. And then as you read on you realise that no, this stuff blows those guys out of the water.

Sounds hyperbolic, but there it is. The best fantasy writing I've ever read is available free on the internet, and it even comes with detailed stats from the D&D game that birthed it. I'll definitely be telling all my friends. :D

Thanks, Sepulchrave, for sharing this with us. I'll now be joining the masses hoping excitedly for new updates, and searching in every new fantasy author I read to find some reflection or shadow of the depth that I've found in your writing.

Atanatotatos

First Post
I must say, this is one of my very first posts on these forums eve though I've been reading several story hours for years, already... and I've never really expressed my appreciation, no, my admiration, for lack of a better term, of Sep's work. I know Im just one of many, and this doesn't carry much weight.... but... well, I really think you're a Writer, sep. With the capitals. I appreciate your finest thoughts as a novels reader, a comic books reader, and a student of filosophy, of which there is plenty of in your opus. hope you really do publish some day.
(and sorry for my probably bad english)

Atanatotatos said:
I must say, this is one of my very first posts on these forums eve though I've been reading several story hours for years, already... and I've never really expressed my appreciation, no, my admiration, for lack of a better term, of Sep's work. I know Im just one of many, and this doesn't carry much weight.... but... well, I really think you're a Writer, sep. With the capitals. I appreciate your finest thoughts as a novels reader, a comic books reader, and a student of filosophy, of which there is plenty of in your opus. hope you really do publish some day.
(and sorry for my probably bad english)
Cheers and welcome to the world above at Enworld :D. Never enough fans on the Sep bandwagon!

Did you check out the Character/NPC/Spells etc thread in the rogues gallery (plots places and rogues subforum) of this storyhour? If not go check it out, threadname speaks for itself :p.

Remove ads