After Game of Thones/George RR Martin who takes the mantle as the upcming fantasy

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Thieves' World would work. Not only could the main characters & stories be used, by its nature, the show's writing staff could tell their own stories within the setting.

Dioltach

Legend
There's Memory, Sorrow and Thorn by Tad Williams. Sweeping, vivid world-building, multiple storylines. And he's finally started releasing the follow-up.

Kaiverta

First Post
Brandon Sanderson and his Cosmere comes to mind. But I'm not sure anything close to Pottermania or GoTmania will happen any time soon. One of the reasons why they were so popular was because they moved from books to cinemas and TVs.

They had to be highly popular in the first place to be adapted for the screen, though. Each has its own awesome storyline, though GoT is highly gritty and essentially taboo with some of its stuff, eeh. >.>

Harry Potter is an awesome storyline too, and great lore in its own world, but it was geared to teens and pre-teens and there are HEAPS of those in the world lol.

Yep, and I was just saying that HP was popular before the big screen for those reasons.

Is Rick Riordan any good?

Yeah the books are really good IMO, they deal with mythology currently he's covered Greek,Roman,Egyptian and is doing Norse and Roman.

we already have 2 Rick Riordan movies and they are awful. Percy Jackson.
And yet the musical is doing much better and more popular.....and like any sensible (ha ha) fandom we don't talk about the movies and instead choose to focus on the musical, the countless petitions for someone to make it a tv show. I should also note that other than the movies being based on his books Uncle Rick had nothing to do with the movies.

hejtmane

Explorer
At one point I thought I was Patrick Rothfuss but i'm wondering who shows up as the next bestseller. Who gets marketed like harry Potter and Game of Thrones?

I didn't discover GOT until book 2 was first released and obviously Potter was big before the movies. People ran to the stores for new potter books especially last 2 in the harry series. Game of thrones I preordered and ordered 1 from England as I didn't want to wait for the US version

Some of you will say "never cared for GOT" etc but it was pushed to the front of bookstores so who just started a series that gets this attention

Kind of funny I never read Game of Thrones when it came out or now during that time I was reading Goodkind Wizards first rule series and Salvatore Crimson Shadow Series both bigger names to me during that time frame.

Currently the Books I most enjoyed in the last few years of reading has been

The Traveler's Gate Trilogy by Will Wight a self published Author on Amazon and it was better than some of the stuff I seen put out by the big names. Anyways do nto know if he will be the next big thing but I can only spread the word.

Remove ads