After rescuing Princess Siandbhair why did her father let her marry A Thief that was born A Slave and not the Cavalier that will 1 day be A King?

JMISBEST

Explorer
Before I give the question here's a bit of background info

Roughly 26 years back I got hold of Imagine Magazine Issue 5 and noticed something very odd about Scenario it contained, which was The Taking of Siandbhair from 1st edition DND and many years later that very odd thing I spotted is having a bad effect on A Mates Campaign, idea?

It says that if they bring princess Siandbhair back both alive and unharmed then The Pc with the highest Ch will marry her and will 1 day take her fathers place as king

In case your wondering how that is now effecting A Mates Campaign idea its because The Pc with the highest Ch was A Thief that was born A Slave and the Pc with The Lowest Ch is A Cavalier that will 1 day be A King, don't you just love random character generation? and yes that was sarcasm

Even worse is that the rules for Social Class and Social Scale, which is how 1 Player got A Thief that was born A Slave and another player got A Cavalier that will 1 day be A King came out in issue 11, only 5 issues or 5 months later, of the same magazine which was the original Imagine Magazine that came out between 1,983 and 1,985

I do accept that The Scenario The Taking of Siandbhair does specifically state that if they bring princess Siandbhair back both alive and unharmed then The Pc with the highest Ch will marry her and will 1 day take her fathers place as king but in this case that's madness of the highest, or depending on your point of view lowest, order

I mean seriously? what kind of GM can even attempt to use the fact that because its what the scenario says the reward should be in anyway justifies allowing A Crown Princess and/or her father refusing to marry/refusing to let his child marry, A Cavalier that will 1 day be A King and instead marry/allowing his child to marry, A Thief that was born a slave

Last edited:

Remove ads