• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AfterMath (Homebrew RPG) Combat system

DJ_draken07

First Post
Hey Guys , I been making a game called AfterMath and I wonder if My combat system is good or not. I already got stats and skills good and ready to go. I just need to see if combat is good or i need to work on it more. Here I go!

Turn Phases: Right Below shows you how to handle combat
Initiative - The Party (one member of choice) d20 vs Enemy d20 (Everyone goes as a group. (Example: party -11- vs Enemy -9- = Party goes first)

Player's turn
- When a player gets his turn, He has Options. He can Move and Do A Action (Action is like Attacking , Magic , Item , Drawing , Doing anything) If he does not do a action , He can move twice. If he doesn't move then he can do Full Round Actions.

Attack Phase
- If the player chooses to attack, He Decides to do Strike (melee) or Aim (Range) - If it is not his turn he can choose to dodge (can only dodge once a round) or block (Can Only Block Melee unless you have a shield) Heres a chart Below:
1 = Critical Miss
2 - 3 = Auto Miss
4 - 19 = Combat Phase
20 = Critical Success

Combat Phase
- Its a battle between Offense d20 roll(Strike or Aim) and Defense d20 roll (dodge or Block) If Offense succeeds, They go to Armor Phase. If Defense wins , Whatever you block with Takes damage ( Shield or Weapon takes damage) If you Dodge , you avoid Damage.

Armor Phase
- If Offense's Strike or Aim is Equal or Higher then The AD (Armor Defense) Then he does full damage , If his Strike or Aim is lower then the AD , Then He does Half Damage. (Damage = Target and His Armor)
Damage Phase - Things that are damage in combat phase is characters, Weapon and Armor.

DJ_draken07

First Post
Example Combat:

Fighter Vs Barbarian (one on one combat)

Initiative - Fighter Rolls D20 (15) , Barbarian rolls d20 (18)

Player's turn
- The Barbarian decides to move up to the fighter and Attack with his great sword. Fighter Decides to Block with his long sword.

Attack Phase
- Barbarian's Strike d20 roll (13) vs Fighter's Block d20 roll (12)​

Combat Phase
- Barbarian Adds his Mod +1strike (14) vs Fighter's adds his mod +1block(13) Barbarian Hits.

Armor Phase
- The fighter has a AD of 12 (Chain shirt bonus +4) ~8 +Armor Bonus to get AD~ THE BARBARIAN had a 14, He does full damage to The fighter

2d6 to Armor and HP

Remove ads