• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Afternoon Adventures and Reluctant Readers

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
As G.K. Chesterton once noted, "Fairy tales don't teach children about dragons; children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales teach children that dragons can be slain."

Interesting. I'm also going to send the information on to several friends who teach or work at middle & high schools. I doubt they'd send the kit to me, as I work for a university library, and university libraries don't really have the right atmosphere or goals of running afternoon programs for kids and teens. But I think this is a great idea, I'd really like to see feedback on how those of you who are trying the program make out with it.

IronWolf

blank
Arbiter of Wyrms said:
The package arrived today and I'm stoked with all the stuff therein. I'll have to look it over more thoroughly, but I think that I may be able to make real use of this stuff. The Basic Game really does have easy-to-use starter rules, even more so than the 3.0 version did, and the two novels look mildly intrigueing. I don't know that I'll go out and get a classroom set, but I think that they'll both see circulation and, if nothing else, the recomended reading list is well-thought out. I'll type this up and post it when I can.

Thanks for the update! Sounds like a great program and a good way to get more folks into the game. Look forward to other people's experiences with this as well.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Neat. I'll nose around the local library brancches I frequent and see if there is any interest or if they already have such a program in place.

Steverooo

First Post
CharlesRyan said:
Yes, WotC employees read ENworld, including the WotC employees responsible for programs like this one.

No, we aren't going to go after Arbiter of Wyrms (despite the coveting of the dragon mini); it's clear he (she?) gets it and will be an asset to this program.

Best of luck Arbiter and Buttercup; let us know how it turns out for you!

I read the two pages linked to, above, but... How do these programs work? A friend and I just started working on a game for some school kids (awaiting the return of parental permission slips). We aren't employed by a school or library, but he says there's one right across the street from him, if they'll let us use a room... So, what are the requirements to qualify?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads