• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Darkmaster – The Classic Game of Fantasy Adventure

Dartavian

Explorer

A new Epic Fantasy MERP-inspired game. Against the Darkmaster is a tabletop pen & paper role-playing game of high fantasy, epic adventures, eldritch magic and bloody combat.

The System:
- Unified Mechanics
- Customizable Characters
- Flexible Magic System
- Bloody Tactical Combat
- Travel & Exploration
- Character-Driven Play

Let me start off by saying, I have no affiliation whatsoever with the publisher or any company associated with this game. I am surprised by the lack of attention and/or discussion this game has received since they announced the QuickStart Launch in July 2018. Thankfully by accident, I stumbled across it the other day. I will be following the development of the game and plan on supporting it if/when the Kickstarter Campaign goes live.
I’ve downloaded the content available on the website www.vsdarkmaster.com . Even though at first glance it looked to me just like another retro-clone of Rolemaster/MERP however, after digging into it, I think I stumbled upon a hidden gem. I think they have done an excellent job of capturing that “old school feel” and combining it with a familiar yet innovative ruleset that looks quite promising. They have announced they will soon be launching a beta playtest program. Which I hopefully will be able to participate in. I think it will be interesting to see what the final product develops into.

Interested in Opinions, Suggestions and/or Thoughts?

Remove ads