• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Giants picture gallery is up!

Doug McCrae

Legend
Looks like a mix of good and bad, like most sets. My favourite set so far is Dungeons of Dread, there's barely a bad model to be found there imo.

I really like the boneclaw, bugbear, dragonborn myrmidon, earth titan, carrion crawler, gnaw demon, ochre jelly, roper, shadow hulk and all the dragons.

I've just started buying minis so the common kobolds, goblins, zombies and the like is a plus for me. I don't own enough different looking humanoid monsters yet.

frankthedm

First Post
Anyone else really want that Carrion Crawler?
One of the better huge uncommons. Eath titan is nice to.

Now I have heard of a flying pylop though the flying rectum, aka Thunderblast Cyclone is new to me. J/K I like the huge Air elemental.

Well, looks like the Blackroot Treant is going to be the huge uncommon nobody will want.

Hmm, anyone else think the Fire Titan sculpter might be a fan of Pro Wrestling?
Fire_Titan.jpg

Yeah, not very good overall. I already have the Lurking Wraith though, from Free RPG Day. He is more blue than that picture makes it seem, however.
You are aware that the Lurking Wraith you got at Free RPG Day is a promo mini, yes? As in, "Check the bottom, he's got different info there than the average Lurking Wraith!" or, "He's more blue than the picture makes him seem because he IS more blue than the one in the picture," or even, "Instead of complaining about the colour of your promo mini being wrong, be thankful you have a relatively rare promo mini, because all the Lurking Wraiths coming out of booster packs are gonna be black-coloured, instead of blue."

I don't know about the usual "booster pack" distribution, but here's something from he first preview of the set:

WotC said:
The rumbling you hear in the distance is something Huge coming your way.

Against the Giants will be our third foray into Huge miniatures. For this set, we've once again reexamined how figures are distributed across the rarities. As in War of the Dragon Queen, there are six uncommon Huge figures and six rare Huge figures, with a rare Huge being found on average in one out of three boosters. We've changed how the other figures are distributed, too. In addition to the 12 Huge figures in the set, there are 18 rares, 21 uncommons, and 9 commons. In a single booster, you'll find one Huge figure (uncommon or rare), one non-Huge rare, three uncommons, and three commons.
Has the highlighted part been changed to accommodate the number of Huges and rares in the total set? Will this help getting a Dragonborn, or not?

Last edited:

Remove ads