Against the Shadows IV - A Faded Glory Story Hour

What Do You Think of This Story Hour?

• It is the greatest Story Hour ever!

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • It is one of my top 5!

Votes: 29 58.0%
  • It is entertaining. I recommend it to others.

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • I don't like it very much.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • It sucks! I wouldn't read it if it was the only Story Hour available!

Votes: 1 2.0%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

First Post
Re: CASH

Darklone said:
Hah, there's nothing like some players who are in a real big shop of magicks...and then they sell something they think is utterly useless.....

...QUINTUS: What familiar do you want?

The decision to sell the frying pan was tough. But we decided we needed money-badly. No regrets, we acted on the info we had. If later it turns out to have been like Frodo selling off the one ring -what can you do?

Quintus wants a hawk. We have found eyes in the sky to be a good thing when travelling through Old One's landscapes.

Regarding the money- I left the last session with 95 denarrii in Quintus' pocket. He was not displeased with his investment since it got him something VERY valuable.

Corey
(Quintus)

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Re: Interlude

Old One said:
[*] He indicates Rowan’s sword is what is known as a “bonded weapon”. They used to be quite common at the height of Emor’s power, but are now rarely seen (or rarely recognized). They appear as common weapons, but when their wielders place some of their life energies within the weapon through a special bonding ceremony, then the power of the weapon is revealed. Some weapons have few powers and some have many. The longer the weapons stays bonded with the owner and the more essence the owner places within the weapon, the more powerful it can become. He indicates that the surface power (first power) imbues the wielder with extraordinary jumping ability. He hesitates to put a price on the sword.

This looks like something from Earthdawn I don't suppose you once played that as well.

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Re: I'm a Slacker!

Old One said:

I have made several attempts at mapping the whole world and each effort gets closer to what I want.

Old One

Can't wait to see them! BTW, I am impressed that you have not had major combat in two sessions in the city. How do you reward xp? Would xp for fights be greater? This question comes in the wake of some of my players who attacked a creature in a situation that they could have left peacefully. I thought it was for rp reasons, but one of the players confessed that the ugly metagamer in them had arisen. It was xp reasons. I argued that they still would have received xp for a peaceful solution. They said, "well,not as much." Any similar dilemmas?

Darklone

Re: Truly The Sound of Ultimate Suffering...

Old One said:

Galfridus,

Thanks for stopping by! Yeah, that really sucked :p...

When Abbot Patroclian recommended Lonic's Curio Shop, he failed to mention that the Church gets a 20% kickback on all transactions it refers:D

Old One

PS - Just kidding guys!

There's not much we wouldn't believe you by now... I am sure you even got notes somewhere which whores get visited by which priest...

Broccli_Head said:

It was xp reasons. I argued that they still would have received xp for a peaceful solution. They said, "well,not as much." Any similar dilemmas?

Uh... Yeah, it's a disease. My players got 2K XPs each for a peaceful encounter with an Old Wyrm, plus 300 Xps for a little fighting on the journey there... Next time they wanted more fights. Can you believe it?

Quintus has 95 denarii left??? What did he buy, a ring of wizardry??? A seat in the cities council?

Last edited:

Old One

First Post
Re: Re: CASH

Corey said:

The decision to sell the frying pan was tough. But we decided we needed money-badly. No regrets, we acted on the info we had. If later it turns out to have been like Frodo selling off the one ring -what can you do?

Quintus wants a hawk. We have found eyes in the sky to be a good thing when travelling through Old One's landscapes.

Regarding the money- I left the last session with 95 denarrii in Quintus' pocket. He was not displeased with his investment since it got him something VERY valuable.

Corey
(Quintus)

If only you knew:D!

Yes, Quintus got something pretty valuable with his coin!

Old One

Old One

First Post
No Earthdawn...

MavrickWeirdo said:

This looks like something from Earthdawn I don't suppose you once played that as well.

MW -

Long time, no see! Actually, I have never played Earthdawn. I have played around with the idea of "bonded weapons" and other items, for several years. The recent article in Dragon led me to make some slight alterations, but I think they are a great addition to the game!

Thanks for stoppin' in!

Old One

Old One

First Post
Wait 'til Session 13...

Broccli_Head said:

Can't wait to see them! BTW, I am impressed that you have not had major combat in two sessions in the city. How do you reward xp? Would xp for fights be greater? This question comes in the wake of some of my players who attacked a creature in a situation that they could have left peacefully. I thought it was for rp reasons, but one of the players confessed that the ugly metagamer in them had arisen. It was xp reasons. I argued that they still would have received xp for a peaceful solution. They said, "well,not as much." Any similar dilemmas?

Broc -

Great to see you! I find that non-combat interludes can heighten the tension of combat significantly. I do award XP for moving the story line (s) forward, for avoiding confrontation and for good role-playing. I must admit that rewards tend to be slightly higher from combat sessions, but this group has never attacked something that they could have left alone...I think they are too paranoid:D!

Old One

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Re: Interlude

Old One said:
[*] He indicates Rowan’s sword is what is known as a “bonded weapon”. They used to be quite common at the height of Emor’s power, but are now rarely seen (or rarely recognized). They appear as common weapons, but when their wielders place some of their life energies within the weapon through a special bonding ceremony, then the power of the weapon is revealed. Some weapons have few powers and some have many. The longer the weapons stays bonded with the owner and the more essence the owner places within the weapon, the more powerful it can become. He indicates that the surface power (first power) imbues the wielder with extraordinary jumping ability. He hesitates to put a price on the sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads