• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Slavers A1: Slave Pits of the Undercity

Bob Aberton

First Post
Captain Jack opens his mouth to greet the Baron, but the Baron cuts him off with his little speech.

Self-important bastard...still, keep yer head low, yer neck in, & don't rock boat, Jack, an' y' just might get somewhere here.

"Alright, then, we'll be on our way," Cap't Jack half-shouts at the closed door as they are hurried into the hallway.

He ambles back downstairs, surveying the scene in disgust.

"This Baron fellow would be a tough nut to crack if we wanted information about the slavers; he's a cool one, and no mistake - he knows how to play the game, alright. Perhaps my old friends down at th' black market would be more...accessible. We've got until midnight, it seems, and any information we can gather would be an advantage to us, or at least a disadvantage to them.

Shall we set a course in that direction, gentlemen?"

(OOC Halivar:
what are the names/street names/whatever of the good Captain's old black market contacts?
)

Feinar was fighting back a disgusted look on his face when he nodded to the Captain. The very thought of all of this being run out of one of his Temple's made his blood run cold...but he had to lay low for now.

Halivar

First Post
Capt. Jack:
You have several contacts. One is Ugly Betty, the purveyor of stolen trinkets, who also specializes in scutlebutt if the price is right. Then there's Lucky Mack, who lost his legs and an arm in a freak card-game accident. He arranges high-stakes poker matches and referees them. He overhears a lot of conversation. Last but not least, there's Frank Pimbleton, the guy who runs the low-grade prostitution around here. You would imagine he sees all sorts of folk. But those ladies with "the Baron" definitely weren't his. You'd remember 'em.

You also know that the Temple of Elhonna is nothing but a ruin today. You've never been inside, but it was the first thing to get trashed when the goblinoid hordes showed up in town.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
Apparently slaver corruption isn't limited to my church alone, Marcon remarks as he marches downstairs. Midnight, eh? How long will my spells last? Ten hours, and right now it's...

So now that we know where this place is, we attack, correct? Or will we be relying on another plan of subterfuge?

OOC: About what time is it during the day?

Bob Aberton

First Post
"Actually, Thunderword, I'm afraid your church may indeed be the only corrupt one; when th' slavers came in, the Ehlonnites went out, and the temple got torched. Guess they've found a use for the old ruin...

And in answer t' your second remark, we sure as hell aren't attacking outright; thet Baron was one cool customer, and there's only two kinds of men thet act like thet: th' ones thet are crazy, and the ones thet have somethin' up their sleeve. Seein' as the Baron didn't seem like your average asylum patient, I'm guessin' it's the latter.

No, we're goin' in by means of subterfuge, least if you don't have a death wish, and for subterfuge, we need information.

I knew some people down black market way; 'long as no one's stuck a knife into 'em, we should be able t' get somethin' out of them."

rangerjohn

Explorer
~Ellyssa... Ellyssa... Ellyssa... ~ runs through Theyllis' thoughts as a mantra in front of 'Baron' as he listens to him conduct business with Jack.

ferretguy

First Post
As he heads back down the stairs with the others, Tarasin suggestsAs we do have a little time before the meeting, perhaps we should go check out the area, to get some idea what we may be in for....Also,perhaps some front money would be nice.

Halivar

First Post
With two hours to kill, you can either hang out here and drink yourself into oblivion before launching into combat (OOC: Hrrmmm what page are those drunken combat rules on...?), or you can go visit some of Capt. Jack's friends. The "black market" (Capt. Jack:
which implies it is "underground," which it is not. It's more in the open than any "legitimate" commerce around here...
) is not far away at all. Capt. Jack, just let me know who you want to visit.

Last edited:

Remove ads